Betrayal

Angry

"Alexa," I called her once again. "Plea-"

"No."

"Alexa-"

"No."

"Al-"

"No."

"But why?" I exclaimed into the phone.

"Because it doesn't matter."

"Doesn't matter!" I yelled, then looked around to make sure no one was near. The coast was clear, but I still brought my voice to a loud whisper, so that I didn't wake anyone. "That child is his, Alexa! It concerns him greatly! I'm telling you, if you don't tell him, I will."

"So? Like he'd believe you anyway." Her voice was confident.

"Of course he will! He loves me, and trusts me. He trusts me most!" I was a little offended by her comment.

"Even if he did, what's the worst he could do?"

"He'd be angry with you, Alexa! So very angry! He'd do everything in his power to get that child as soon as he or she is born because he's a good person."

"He'd never win. I'm the Mother. He's just the sperm donor who wanted me to get rid of it."

"Stop referring to your child as an 'it'! Your baby is just that. A baby. Not an 'it'." I'm really getting tired of her.

"What I call it doesn't concern you."

"You don't care at all about this child do you?" I had a hunch, but her lack of caring confirmed it.

"Nope, but Adam does."

"What?" Adam? Who the hell is Adam?

"Adam. My fiancé." My jaw dropped at this one.

"Your fiancé! You're engaged?" I couldn't believe it.

"Of course! It's only the biggest engagement of the year!" She sounded shocked that I didn't know of this extraordinary affair.

"But why would he want Jimmy's baby?"

"Because. He thinks it's his." I stuttered, trying to speak, but I was just shocked. "You see, little Rosie, I couldn't have my Adam knowing I was with another man when I've been engaged to him for so long."

"You're a horrible person." I finally spoke.

"Yet I lose no sleep at night. Now that you know, you are to tell no one." Her voice was airy and carefree.

"No."

"No?" She didn't expect me to challenge her order.

"Not only is this unfair to Jimmy, but to this 'Adam' guy as well."

"Adam? Who's Adam?"

Jimmy. Of course. He always managed to come in at the tail end of my conversations with Alexa, ending them early.

"Do not tell him, Rose." Alexa's voice over the phone was firm.

I looked up to Jimmy to see his hair standing in random directions. His fisted hands were currently rubbing his eyes, making him resemble a small child as he yawned and stretched, reaching for the ceiling.

"Goodbye." I ended the call before she could object.

I patted the seat next to me on the couch. Jimmy smiled and sat down next to me, and nestled into my side, burying his face into my neck.

"Who was that?" Jimmy muttered.

I decided it was now or never. "Alexa."

He shot up and looked at me shocked. "Alexa?" He couldn't believe his ears.

I simply nodded in response.

"Why were you talking to her?"

"After I found out about what happened, I decided to call her and offer her my condolences, and wish her the best." He looked at me to continue. I formed the words in my head before speaking. "And, well, Jimmy, I know this isn't the thing you want to hear, especially from me, but, Honey, you see- she's, well, she's pregnant, Jimmy." He jaw went slack. "She lied, Honey. She didn't get an abortion." I spoke softly.

His beautifully deep blue eyes seemed to glaze over. He began to shake his head, his jaw tightening. "No!" He boomed, standing and bending over me, sending me cowering into the couch.

Never have I ever been this scared by anyone in my life.

"No?" I squeaked out, letting him intimidate me.

"You're lying!" His voice was sharp and cold. I'd heard Jimmy angry before. But never to this extinct, and never to me.

"Why would I lie about something like t-this?" I cursed myself for stuttering.

"I don't know! You tell me!" He was getting in my face now. I could see his eyes burning. "You've always hated her! It must be my punishment, huh? You're all perfect and shit! But look at me! Look at poor, fucked up Jimmy! Yo-"

"Jimmy! Back the fuck up and calm down!" Matt yelled, pulling Jimmy away from me. He didn't speak. He just shook his head at me, and stomped off to his bunk. "Rosi-"

"He just blew up at me for no reason." I said in a monotone, sitting up and staring at my painted toes.

Matt sighed, and took the seat next to me, pulling me to his chest. He allowed me to let out every sob and tear onto his bare chest, softly rubbing my back as I stuttered out everything that's happened over the past few days.

"Just give it a few days, Rosie. He's just shocked. He's not angry at you. He's just stupid and directed his anger at you. He loves you, Rose." His words sounded strained in the end, but I ignored it.

I looked up to him, and he looked down to me. He offered me a comforting smile, and leaned foreword, placing a soft kiss against my forehead.

"Come on. You can sleep with me." He picked me up bridal style, and carried me to his bunk. He quickly crawled in, and lifted his blankets for me to join him. I smiled at his kind gesture, and climbed into bed with him, snuggling into his warm side.

"I love you, Mattie." I began to drift asleep.

A long, heavy, and loaded sigh left him as he spoke, nearly to soft for me to hear, "I love you too, Rosie. More than you could know."
♠ ♠ ♠
70 comments::238 readers::76 subscribers

6 comments?

Thank you to all my lovely readers and subscribers! I want to give a special thank you to my beautiful commenters:
Lost-enigma
PlaidDinosaurs
Rhi_LoveMeHateMe
Undead Angel
Miyuh like Daria
Yotora
ZackysSecretLover199
Twilight-fan10
Thegreatunspoken
MidnightMassacre ;;
Musicalness99
Lushy Lilie
Thegreatunspoken
QueenofBatCountry
Christ!
bam_dilligaf
kalisweetblood
vacant hope;
YourStalk3r
fireplaguemartini

<3 Stevie Jazz