Betrayal

Talk

"Will you just shut up!" Shannon hissed, forcing my complaints to silence. "If you're complaining, you might as well just go back to the bus!"

"Crouching underneath a small table isn't exactly my idea of comfort!" I retorted.

"Yeah, well, you didn't have to come!" Her eyes remained locked on Jimmy and Alexis, watching for any wrong move.

"It's not like you gave me a choice!" She instantly brought her finger to her lips, dropping the white table cloth she had lifted for sight. "What?" She quieted me again.

"Did you hear that?" Jimmy's voice could be heard saying.

"Hear what?" I cringed at the sound of words leaving Alexa's throat.

"It sounded li-" He paused, causing my heart to stop in fear. I tried in vain to calm my breathing down. "Nevermind." Their voices became quiet in conversation again.

I let out a large breath of relief. "See! We were almost caught! We should just go."

"Rosie, if we were to attempt to leave now, he'd see us. So just shut up and don't move." She ordered, cautiously re-lifting the table covering to watch their interaction. To not be to obvious, I rested my chin on Shannon's shoulder to see.

Minutes passed, then the waiter came to their table, giving them their food. Considering the late time, and unusual location, this place was remotely empty.

Alexa's voice could then be heard quite clearly, "So, this is kind of like old times, James, don't you think?"

Old times?

"Yeah, I guess it kinda is." He answered/

"Jimmy hated to be called James by anyone. He only allows me to get away with it. Why would he let her?" I was a bit hurt by this. Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am.

Shannon held her hand, "Shush! You're just overreacting."

"It is." Alexa confirmed. "Like right after a show, you remember? When we'd sneak away from all the guys, go somewhere, and just be you and me. Remember? You know, before that bitc-"

"Alexa." I could hear the warning in Jimmy's voice.

"See, he's standing up for you!" Shannon whispered. I nodded in reply.

"What? I'm just being honest. If it weren't for her, we'd still be together." I could see her sit back in her chair in a haughty manner.

"Well, that may be true that we're no longer together because of her, but I thank her for that. Trust me, we wouldn't still be together. I loved Rosie too much to stay with you."

He loved me before they got together?

The same thought must have gone through Shannon's mind since she looked to me with her jaw dropped. I shrugged to her, not sure myself.

"Well, I have nev-"

"Shut up, Alexa. We came here to talk about the baby. Now, what are we going to do?" I smiled at Jimmy silencing her.

"Oh, you mean our baby?" She seemed to take a cynical pride in the term, 'our'. It only proved to make me cringe more.

Jimmy sighed, sounding exhausted and fed up with the arrogant girl before him. "Why the fuck would you lie to me?" Jimmy spoke, avoiding her statement.

She looked down to her diamond studded watch. "Oh my, it's getting late." I wanted to gag at how fake her 'pleasant' tone was. "Why don't we continue talking in my hotel room." She handed the waiter her, well, her Father's credit card, and batted her lashes at Jimmy.

A low, uncharacteristic growl emitted from my throat, only to be heard by Shannon, who was watching the scene before us intently.

"No. I'm with Rose."

"Damn straight he is." I muttered under my breath, influencing Shannon to chuckle lightly.

"We're just going to the hotel to talk, James." There she goes again. "We're not going to fuck. Well, we could, but that doesn't matter." She took the receipt from the waiter, sending him off quickly.

"Alexa, we came here to talk. I'm not going somewhere else just to talk." His reply was stern, relieving my tension only slightly.

"The restaurant will be closing in 15 minutes, James. We need more than 15 minutes to talk." Her fake eyelashes went to fluttering again.

"Alexa-" He started to warn her, but was cut off by her annoyingly high pitched voice.

"It's the only place I feel comfortable enough to talk about this. I don't want to speak in public." Her nose was upturned.

"Alexa-"

"Only way." She countered.

He sighed, defeated.

"No! Don't let her win!" I hissed under my breath.

"Fine. Let's go get this fucking over with." He stood to leave, she followed, heading out the door.

"Oh! I think I'll go powder my nose really quickly. You can go wait in the car." She handed him her keys, sending him out of the restaurant.

Shannon quickly dropped the cloth knowing that she'd have to pass right by us to walk to the restroom.

Just as she was about to pass us, I held my breath, waiting for her to exit.

She stopped right in front of our table. I knew. I could see her expensive heels tapping, causing my breath to hitch within my throat. "You know, Rose, I was just simply going to steal him from you slowly, but now, since you stopped by, I think I'll go fuck him. Hell, I can't get pregnant twice!"

She walked away, leaving Shannon shocked, and a sick feeling in the pit of the stomach.

Shannon looked once to make sure no one was coming before she stepped out from under the table, holding the covering up and helping me out.

"How did she-"

"I don't know." I cut her off.

"Honey, you saw Jimmy! He was adamantly against her moves!" She tried to comfort me.

"We shouldn't have come here. Let's just go back to the buses." I spoke, staring at the floor. I began to walk out of the restaurant.

"That's it? You're just going to leave it here, after she said that to you?" Shannon called out to me, following.

"Yeah." I replied, defeated.

"Rosie-" She grabbed my shoulder and turned me towards her. She opened her mouth to speak before my ring tone sounded, cutting her off. I looked to see Jimmy calling me.

"It's him." My palms began to sweat with nerves. "What if she told him? Oh my god, he'll hate me! Shannon, what the hell am I going to do? I don't know what to sa-"

"Answer it!" She said, getting fed up with my ranting.

I slowly nodded, cautiously pressing the 'talk' button, pulling the device to my ear. "Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Baby. I just wanted to call you and let you know that Alexa has enforced me to go back to her hotel room to talk."

"What happened to talking at the restaurant?" I asked, as though I was unaware of the answer.

"It's closing like now, Baby. So, the only way she felt 'comfortable'," I knew he thought she was lying with this statement by his tone of voice. "Was if we were back in her hotel, away from the public."

"Oh." I answered, not sure how else to reply.

"Yeah, I just wanted to make sure you're okay with that, Baby."

"Yeah, honey, that's fine. Just don't be too long, okay?" I really just wanted to lay down in his arms.

"Alright, Rosie." I could practically see the smile on his face. "Baby, thank you so much."

"For what?" I asked.

"For trusting me. I know in the past I haven't proven that I was trustworthy, but you're giving it to me anyway. You're so selfless. It's one of the reasons I love you."

His statement was so sweet and honest, that I nearly wanted to cry.

I didn't want to admit it, but the truth was, I didn't trust him. Despite how much I want to, following him here tonight only proved that I didn't trust him at all.

"I love you too, Jimmy." I replied, holding back tears.

"Are you okay, Sweetie?" His voice was concerned at my sound of sadness.

"Yeah, honey. I just miss you."

"I miss you too, Baby. I'll be back soon, alright?"

"Yeah. I love you, Jimmy." I spoke.

"I love you too, Rosie." We hung up.

I looked up to Shannon, who looked expectantly at me. I just shook my head. "I'm a shitty girlfriend."