Betrayal

Promise

"Hey. Hey. Heyyy." A firm finger kept poking into my side. A voice, that sounded rather inebriated, stirred me away.

"What?" I moaned, eyes still closed, slapping the finger away. I snuggled more into my warm blankets, trying to block out the person.

"Ge-get up, sleepy head!" The person started giggling, and stumbled a bit while trying to wake me up. This stumbling caused the person to fall, inflicting a snorting laughter from them in their drunken state.

One eye blinked open to see Alex on her ass, still gasping for air as she laughed obnoxiously. A tired sigh left my lips as I grabbed my cell phone from it's position next to me, and looked at the time. 3:47 a.m.

I assumed we stopped momentarily to switch drivers, only to have Alex come back to our bus.

"Okay, time to get you to bed." I muttered, rising from my bed. This wasn't the first time I had to drag her drunken ass to bed. She seemed to always attract such trouble, despite my warnings and scolding, only to have me be the one to hold her short hair back and give her aspirin in the morning.

"I-I love youuu, Rosie!" Alex sang as I helped her stand. I just snickered and shook my head at her. "Hey. Hey. Heyyy!" She whispered. Well, yelled in a whisper tone.

"Yes?" I pulled the curtain back to her bunk and helped her in. I quietly tucked her in, sort of like a Mother would to their child. That's what most viewed me as on this tour. "The Mommy". They all said it was perfect for me to be with Jimmy that way. I could keep him in line, they said.

"I gotta- I gotta tell you s-s-something!" She stuttered out. I gave her a look to continue. "But-but, if I tell you, you'll get mad at me!"

"Alex, if it's as important as you're making it out to be, then I won't be mad." I pushed a short lock of curly blonde hair out of her face.

"You say that now, but as soon as I tell you," He voice dropped to a loud whisper again. "You'll hate me."

I shook my head at her. "Alex, I could never hate you. I love you to death. You're one of my best friends. You can tell me anything. And I do mean anything. So please, tell me." Curiosity was taking over.

"Promise, promise me you won't get mad!" She sort of clawed at my arm, a pitiful look of desperation reaching her eyes.

My brows furrowed in confusion. "I promise." I replied warily.

"Jimmy-he-you see-he-I-we-"

"You what?" I cut off her rambling.

"I sort of kissed him." She seemed sober now. But I didn't care about that. My body instantly stiffened at the news. I couldn't stop the look that flashed through my eyes. It was a look of betrayal.

"You what?" I wanted to reassure I heard her correctly.

"I-I kissed him. The other night. Before you two broke up. I was tipsy though, and-and I flung myself at him! I-I wasn't thinking Rose, I'm so sorry. I never wanted to hurt yo-"

"Then why'd you kiss him?" My tone bitter.

"I just- okay, I did slightly want to hurt you," She was almost completely sober sounding at this point. "But it was because of the alcohol that I did!" She justified. "I know, I know that's not an excuse, but still! I was so jealous of everything you guys h-had" She began to hiccup when speaking, choking back sobs, I assumed.

"So you thought since you were jealous, it was okay to ruin my relationship, is that it?" A look of shock etched on her face. I was never this, well, bitchy. I was always passive and calm in questionable situations.

"N-no. I'm so sorry, Rose! So, so sorry! I hate myself for it!" She sobbed, the alcohol in her system influencing her reactions.

"You were the one who told me to make him pay for how badly he hurt me! You called him an asshole, and said he wasn't worth my time! You're just as bad as he is!" I turned, leaving her there. I just wanted off of the bus. I needed fresh oxygen in my lungs.

"Rose, you-you promised not to be mad." Her normally confident and bold voice was meek and quiet. I didn't even respond. I had nothing to say to her. I simply gave her a look of anger, an emotion I've seemed to feel only recently. I made my way up to the front of the bus. I politely asked the bus driver if he could possibly pull over for a moment at the next rest stop, seeing as we weren't in a huge hurry to get to the next venue. He nodded, and used his radio to communicate to the other bus we were pulling over.

Despite in being four in the morning, the rest stop seemed to have quite a few people. The moment the bus stopped, I burst out of the door and ran to the green grass, dropping to lay down on the plush earth. I took deep, heavy breaths. The cool oxygen filled my lungs, easing my soul a bit. I felt surrounded and crushed by Alex's confession on the bus. But here, in this moment, laying on the comfortable grass, in the cool air, and gazing at the starry sky, I felt like I could avoid all of my problems.

"Any reason you had the bus drivers pull over?" Matt's raspy voice broke the silence that possessed me.

"I just needed some air." I muttered. Matt took a seat next to my laying figure.

"Because?" He pushed.

"Because Alex told me she was the one Jimmy cheated on me with." Matt was silent. He wasn't expecting that. "She said she kissed him because she was jealous of everything we had. She felt like that justified her to kiss him, ultimately ruining us."

"I'm sorry, Rosie." He didn't know what else to say. His fingers absentmindedly ran through my hair. The gesture was soothing, making my breath the deepen and sleep nearly overtake me. Once Matt noticed how drowsy I was, he chuckled and lifted me easily from the ground. My head rest against his muscular shoulder as my arms wrapped around his neck. I snuggled closer to the warmth he provided, making him let out another chuckle.

I managed to zone out as he placed me into my bunk, tucking me in, sweetly. His lips against my forehead brought me to his attention.

"Good night, Rosie." He muttered.

"Good night, Mattie." I returned, earning his bright, dimpled smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit short, and filler-ish, but comments still wanted!

Thank you to all my lovely readers and subscribers! I want to give a special thank you to my beautiful commenters:
Lost-enigma
PlaidDinosaurs
Rhi_LoveMeHateMe
Undead Angel
Miyuh like Daria
Yotora

Silent readers and subscribers, please comment! It'd really mean a lot to me!

<3 Stevie Jazz