Betrayal

Drained

Shannon was right. Me liking Matt? Just a phase. Of course I adore him, just not in that way. I think that since my heart was able to have feelings for someone other than Jimmy, granted small feelings that didn't last very long, that maybe, just maybe, I'd be able to move on. Maybe this little "Matt Phase", as Shannon refers to it as, was a sign that I can let go of Jimmy now.

"Rosie-Baby!" Brians voice broke my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I looked into his large deep brown eyes, smudged with charcoal eyeliner.

"You gonna go play anytime soon?" I looked blankly into his eyes for a moment before I realized what he meant. I looked at the digital clock backstage: 8:45 p.m.

"CRAP!" I exclaimed quickly jumping from my seat, grabbing my customized pink drumsticks, and making a dash to the side of the stage. We had less than five minutes until our set.

"Where the fuck were you?" Alex's tone was much to bitter for my liking.

"Why are you so-so-"

"Bitchy?" She cut me off. She knew I couldn't say it. But still, this interaction annoyed me. I started to retaliate when Shannon ended it.

"Stop it. Right now." Even though the demand was directed toward us both, it was evident that she was emphasizing the message to Alex. "Get your heads in the game, okay?"

"And now, we proudly welcome the Killer Queens to Chicago!" The announcer's voice seemed nearly non-existent in comparison to the roar of the audience.

"Let's go. And get your act together, Alex." Alex and I shared a sort of glare. She hadn't even made an attempt to even speak to me kindly, or even apologize since her drunken confession and apology. Shannon sent us both a warning look, making us both force fake smiles, and run to our places on stage, ready to entertain the giant crowd before us.

---


"Great show, girls!" Jason, one of the tour managers spoke to us as we walked off the stage.

"Thanks." We all muttered. We were tired, exhausted, and drained.

"Okay, then..." The energetic man muttered as he walked away.

We all sat down in the seating area backstage, on separate ends of course. Shannon and I stay as far away from the entrance to the stage as possible, while Alex chose to sit near it, to watch the guys perform. Silence took over the room. Not complete silence, considering the audience was quite loud and rowdy , but silent between the three of us. The tension filled the room, providing the environment awkward.

I finally got fed up with Alex's presence. "I'm gonna go clean up the dressing room." I muttered to Shannon, loud enough for Alex to overhear.

"Alright." Shannon nodded. She could handle Alex much better at the moment than I could.

I walked the short distance to our dressing room, only really used to apply our make-up in. I packed away all of the varying containers of make-up, softly humming a tune to myself.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't itty bitty Rosie?" A condescending voice filled my eardrums. I knew that cocky voice. I could recognize it anywhere.

"What do you want, Alexa?" Alexa Hunt could be classified as many things. A royal bitch? Of course. A needy, spoiled rich kid? Best adjectives to describe her. Ugly? On the inside, yes. But externally? No. She's always had men wrapped around her little pale finger.

"Well, I did sort of want my boyfriend back, but I kinda gave that one up a while ago." She sat her tiny ass down on the counter, a few feet away from me, facing in my direction. I continued to clean up, trying to ignore her presence, as she filed away on her long nails.

An emotion of pain overwhelmed me. She was talking about Jimmy. Before me, Jimmy dated Alexa. She made him miserable, yet, kept him on a leash, never to be let go. As his friend, I stated my concern for him. Surprisingly, he listened to me. He broke up with her the next day. I didn't mean for my concern to influence his break up. I just simply wanted to bring to his attention things they could possibly work on.

She of course blamed me. When she'd hang around after him ending it, because she didn't seem to understand how anyone could break up with her, she noticed how close we were. This implanted the thought in her mind that I was some home-wrecker.

I did not like her for how she treated Jimmy, and even myself, and our friends. She hates me because she viewed me as some sort of threat.

"But," Her speaking again caused me to look up from my task at her expectantly. "I heard about the break up. I heard he cheated on you, or some shit. Am I right?" I looked down to wiping the counter, avoiding her question. "I am." Those arrogant words slipped through her sly smirk. "Well, once a cheater, always a cheater."

"Jimmy never cheated on me before." I knew this for sure.

"Not you, stupid, me." She put her nail filer away, and lifted her legs to cross them on the counter.

"Jimmy never cheater on you either."

"Yes he did. With you." She seemed to try and cover her sneer at this.

"No, Alexa, he did not. We were just friends at the time." I hated this. Every time I tried to explain this to here, she just denied it, said I was wrong and she was right, and went on her married way.

"Well, maybe you didn't do anything, but I know you felt something."

"Alexa, I don't know how many times I have to tell you this, but when you were with Jimmy, we were just friends at the time. No physical or emotional attachment." I paused in my cleaning and told her in frustration.

"Well, he did like you. I know it. I know him. But whatever, it doesn't matter anymore anyways because you guys are done." The way she spoke about our breaking up so lightly caused me to cringe.

"Why did you come here, Alexa? To torture me? Is that it?" I got fed up a lot easier lately. First with Alex, and now Alexa.

"No, actually, I came here to see Jimmy." I almost asked her why, but bit my lip to stop myself. She couldn't know how I still felt about him. But of course, being as clever as she is, noticed. "I can tell you want to ask why, so do it."

"I have no interest in knowing." I lied, busying myself with putting away the hair products.

"Now, I don't quite believe that! Or well, maybe I can. Maybe it hurts too much to think about Jimmy with another woman, such as myself, that just thinking about it causes pain."

'I would rather inflict pain upon her.' The thought crossed my mind.

"Goodbye, Alexa." I said firmly, telling her it was her time to leave.

"Hey, Rose, can we tal-" Jimmy began to speak, entering the room, before the sight of his ex-girlfriend caught his eye. "A-Alexa? Ah, what are you doing h-here?" He scratched the back of his neck nervously. I could tell he was uncomfortable in her presence.

"Well, Jimmy-Baby, I decided to come and comfort you while you get over your little fling with Rose over here! And maybe, we could take a little time to fix us." She was so sure of everything she said, as if she were better than me.

"What?" Jimmy choked out, confused. "Fix us?"

That wasn't a rejection to the idea. In fact, that was more like an inquiry about it. I didn't want to listen to more. I don't think if I even wanted to, I could. My emotional tolerance has been lowered severely due to recent happenings.

"I'll just leave you two to talk." I muttered. I gathered all of the make-up and hair supplies, and tried to push past Jimmy who was standing awkwardly in the doorway. Before I could even get away, Jimmy quickly stopped me by grabbing my elbow firmly, and turned me to him.

"Wait, Rose, don't go! Please, we'll make her go, but I really need to speak with you. We really need to talk. We haven't gotten to do that really and I really think w-"

"Just go fuck Alexa." My tone was bitter. Jimmy was shocked. Rarely did I curse, and never at someone. I turned to walk away, when he grabbed my arm again, and pulled me to his chest, as best as he could with all of the products in my arms, and held me so I couldn't move.

"Rose Victoria Thomas, I know I did you wrong, but don't you ever fucking speak like that to me again." His tone was low and dark, and scared me. His eyes and expression softened, to show that what I said was a low blow. I instantly regretted opening my mouth.

"J-Jimmy, I'm sorry. But you're right. You did me wrong. I'm hurt and I'm not ready to listen to anything you have to say right now. I'll let you know when I am." I pulled out of his grasp and kept walking even when he continued to call my name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do not worry my beautiful children, this is a Jimmy story, hence the banner. I myself am team Jimmy as well :)

Please, please, please comment and subscribe! I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you to all my lovely readers and subscribers! I want to give a special thank you to my beautiful commenters:
Lost-enigma
PlaidDinosaurs
Rhi_LoveMeHateMe
Undead Angel
Miyuh like Daria
Yotora
ZackysSecretLover199
Twilight-fan10

<3 Stevie Jazz