‹ Prequel: Lost Little Girls
Sequel: Call It Princely

Some Little Princesses

princess a p a t h y

The streets were crowded with people but they might have been empty for all that she cared. She was simply wandering them. She had long since lost the urge to cry. She had abandonded it along with a whole other array of emotions somewhere on Fifth Avenue. She was apathetic. For the first time in her life she simply didn't care. It felt odd, but she didn't bother to try and fight it either.

She simply didn't have enough in her anymore to try that.

While she had been in control of the situation, while she had been the one leaving, everything had been just fine. Then they had taken even that from her. And now she didn't know how to feel. She had had a moment of pride and even hope, but it had been ripped away the moment that they had decided to tell her to leave.

The city began to shift around her changing from the posh neighborhoods that she had once frequented and been known in to places that she should have never been seen dead in. The middle class to the lower class. She didn't care. None of them actually noticed her so why should she bother to pay attention to them? She just kept walking, her feet rising and lowering with no particular rhythm that she could see.

She finally turned into a small little diner with rusty wall panelling and booths that were an obnoxious aqua color dating from the fifties. She took in the little details with half an eye as she slid into a seat at the counter. "What can I get for ya?" the man asked, a rag in his hand.

A shrug before the rag slide into her vision and a hand touched her under her chin. "You alright girl?" the man asked concern showing in his dark eyes. She didn't respond. She didn't move. She simply watched him, her eyes listless.

The man turned back and yelled at someone in the back of the diner before looking back at her and smiling. "Don't worry. I know someone who will take care of you," he promised. If only that was true. No one would care that much for her though. She knew better than to let herself hope. Instead she allowed the apathy to remain untouched and unmarred as she sat her head bowed.

The acrid smell of coffee cut through her dulled senses as the black stuff was slid towards in her in a dull, off-white mug. She reached up and wrapped her long, cold fingers around it simply allowing heat to sink and and warm her slowly until she brought it up to her lips and took a sip. The sludge slid down her throat like a kind of comfort. Odd how something so primitive and barbaric could give her any kind of comfort. Food was placed in front of her but she only pushed it around the plate with a fork. She didn't bother to eat it. She couldn't seem to bring herself to do that much. That required and effor that was beyond her.

She brought the mug up to her lips for a sip that numbered somewhere beyond twenty when the mug was snatched from her hands. She turned to see a dark hand taking it up to dark lips and allowing the black coffee to pass down his throat. "God girl, I swear to God that if you worry Andrea like that again, I will kick your ass," Kellan vowed even as Andrea's arms wrapped around Izzy holding her tight.

She didn't react at first. Then slowly, ever so slowly, her hands raised until they brought her arms with them and wrapped around the other woman tightly hugging her back. "Take me home," she whispered squeezing her eyes shut. She still couldn't cry though. She wasn't sure what it meant, but she couldn't.

A hand was gently petting her dark hair as she rocked from side to side. No matter what hell she would put them through, no matter that she would never belong...she wanted this to be home...being held...being loved.

Being wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so this chapter is dedicated first and foremost to my dear wifey Dani. And then to the several songs which inspired it. I Can Do Bad All By Myself by Mary J. Blige, Never Say Never by Justin Bieber, Laid; Sun Goes Down; and Little Sister by New Medicine, Stand Up by Trapt, Erase My Scars by Evans Blue, and Beautiful by 10 Years. They are all EXCELLENT songs!

And I regret and yet am excited to tell you that this is the final chapter of Some Little Princesses. However, the story is far from over. Which is why if you look up in the corner you will see that there is a sequel! >D