Status: writers block, not sure where this stories going to go right now.

And I Only Have Eyes For You, But Does She?

we're under the sheet and your killing me

Ruby’s POV

I just had the shortest phone call from Max asking me to Nando’s tonight even though he and Amber were meant to be going out. I agreed, remembering that they have been having a lot of fights for a few weeks and that I couldn’t say no to my best friend. I also had to get out of this place as my brother and my mum are arguing; she keeps calling him a waste of space.

But unfortunately he wasn’t really. He was doing an honor in chemical engineering and he was really smart. Although he has been struggling for money; considering he has to pay for the rent on his apartment and for his study books.

I tried to ignore it turning my speakers up loud while I walked over to the mirror to see what work has to take place. Lucky my hair didn’t need to be done and that I really was never told to dress up. I guess it was just casual, well also considering it is Nando’s we’re heading to. I walked over to closest and pulled out a pair of black jeans, my wolf Drop Dead t-shirt and my light purple shirt. I slipped them on, patting them down as I stared at the figure in the mirror. I walked closer to check my foundation was still in place and I re-applied some eye make-up and mascara.

Grabbing my phone, I called for a taxi and waited for about five minutes until the taxi finally arrived. It wasn’t as if I was in a rush or anything. I pulled my blackberry out and updated my twitter status to, ‘away for dinner with a close friend (:’

Immediately I noticed Max’s last tweet saying, ‘having a bad day but hoping that tonight will change it’ I giggled in the middle of the cab as I returned my phone to my pocket. It was that girly giggle you dow hen your crush has says something that envolves you.

I stepped outside the taxi and handed over the money. Making my way towards the entrance I saw Max standing there. He looked really nice. A smiled appeared on his face as he looked up from the floor and noticed me. I returned the smile as he linked our arms together.

“After you me musical friend.” I laughed at this and slightly started skipping with him.

We sat down at our booth and were handed menus. I ordered my usual and so did Max.
We waited for our dinner to be served and as we did the waiter appeared with a drinks menu. “Would you like red or white wine?” He asked us showing us two bottles of wine.

“Red” Max and I said in prefect sync. I pointed towards the bottle. Even though I shouldn’t be drinking as I was still 17 and the drinking age is 18. It doesn’t mean that am not allowed drinking with my meal as you only have to be 16 to do this. This was a piece of pointless information that I wanted to just point out to myself; always reassuring that it’s right, if anyone ever asks.

“So am guessing you and Amber had another fight then?” I said while taking a sip of the wine. It was nice wine, especially since I wasn’t that much of a fan of it.

“Yes, its’ been kind of non-stop for the past couple of weeks and am not sure what to do about it. So I just grab my stuff and leave.” He defended himself.

“Here, it’s alright. You will both survive this fighting.” I smiled towards him, leaning across the table to touch his hand as a comfort gesture. It may have been slightly fake, as I didn’t want him to go back to her. But he is my closest friend and I want him to be happy. He smiled back at me and held my hand slightly shaking it.

“Here, what is it that normally starts the arguing?”

There was silence for a few minutes before Max stared into my eyes.

“Not a lot. Generally it’s over something very stupid, like tonight she just didn’t want to go out even though she knew I had set this date especially for her. It just really pisses me off sometimes.” I shook my head in understanding and reached across the table to hold his hands. What he really needed just now was a friend and a good night out.

Time flew by, quickly. We were now into a second bottle of wine and our deserts. I had double chocolate cake, with strawberries and cream. Max had a strawberry cheesecake with extra cheese. Sometimes I will not understand that boy.

We left the restaurant and made our way into the streets. My foot slightly slipped on the stairs, as it had been snowing earlier in the day. Max caught me before I could fall and we both burst out with laughter. You could say that we were both drunk, but hey we’ll be okay. Max whistled for a taxi to stop and as it did he opened the back door for me, suggesting I got in. He closed the door behind himself and told the driver to drive to his house.
The toxins of the alcohol began to take over both of our bodies. I forgot about Dan and everything else that had happened. All that mattered to me just now was that I was alone with the boy I have liked for years.

I wasn’t excepting it but Max’s head inclined towards mines. His eyes stared at my lips and gently closed when his lips touched mines. They lingered there for a second, until his arm moved onto my hip. I kissed him back, gently placing my hands behind his head. His tongue rested on my bottom lip, begging for entrance. I let him in and he smiled into the kiss as my hands tightened around his neck and started to tug on his hair. He began to bit lightly on my bottom lip, causing a small quiet moan to escape my mouth.

We broke apart when we realized that the car had stopped and we were stationed outside
Max’s house.

“That will be £22:60, please.” The male taxi driver said, in a husky voice.

Max handed the man the money and opened the cab door for us both to get out.

We slowly walked up to his front door, making sure that none of us would fall on the ice beneath our feet. Max slid the key inside the lock and began to twirl the metal in his hands. His feet lost balance on a small piece of ice, bringing me down with him. We both started laughing, with our backs on the cold concrete. His arms reached around my waist and pulled me towards him. Our lips slowly met again and we both pulled ourselves up.

The door was finally opened and Max picked me up bridal style, kissing me on the lips once more. His foot tapped the door behind us shut, after he removed his key from locking it, and he made his way to the stairs. I removed my jacket and flung it onto the banister of the stair case. His hands tangled into my hair as he kissed my lips again. He showed so much passion towards me, that I have never seen before.

Soon we reached his bedroom, where he sat me down on his bed. He removed my shirt to reveal my wolf Drop Dead top, which he removed shortly after. I sat in a black lace bra as I kicked off my shoes. My hands unbuttoned each button on his shirt, as my lips never detached themselves from his. I pulled the sleeves down and as my hands searched his whole upper body and finally stopped at his belt. He planted a few kissed as more moans escaped my mouth. His belt buckle was undone as he pushed his jeans down allowing them to slip onto the ground.

On his double bed was where he kneeled in nothing but grey boxers, and there I lay with nothing but a black lace bra and my jeans – unbuttoned – just admiring what I’m facing.

He fell lightly on top of me and pushed the rest of my jeans down, then running his hand slowly up my inner thigh. I took the opportunity to kiss his neck, as his hands drove me insane.

It was safe to say that Max’s mood had changed from earlier and his day became much better.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading :)

Chapter Title Credit - Ellie Goulding - Under The Sheets