Status: writers block, not sure where this stories going to go right now.

And I Only Have Eyes For You, But Does She?

dream of demons while you sleep

--1st January 2010 Max’s Apartment

Ruby awoke and turned to look at her surroundings. She could hardly remember last night and had a terrible hangover. Which she should have expected considering the amount of vodka she really took. Her hands washed over her face and rubbed over her eyes, one slowly directed itself into the outskirts of her bra, where her phone was hidden. Her fingers traced for the unlock button as she checked the time, 10:30am it read. A slight groan escaped her mouth and her hand rushed to her head to hold it. She looked to the side of her and noticed a message on the pillow next to her.

It read: ‘I hope you’re okay and sorry that I left you last night. I had to meet my family in the early hours. Also when I got back up the stairs you were fast asleep. From Dan. P.S please never drink that badly again, for all of us.’

--Ruby’s POV

What the fuck happened last night?

The last thing I remembered was watching Max and Amber dancing on top of each other and me going to that secret room to pick up a guitar. But what did Dan have to do with this? Ah well, I guess I better get up and see what’s going on down the stairs. Nope my head is thumping I guess I had maybe a little bit too much to drink again, but it was New Year’s Eve.
Wait, why am I also not in my room? Thank god my parents are out of town for a whole two weeks or I would be dead, if I returned home.

My nose smelled the covers as I tried to take in whose washing power it was. Max’s, I must have crashed here last night. Well, I must have been put into this bed at some point last night.

I got up and looked in the mirror. Wow I looked a state. There were mascara runs down my cheeks and my eyes were puffy and red. I slowly walked out of the room and into the bathroom. I washed my face, making sure I never had such bad mascara marks down the side of my cheeks. I walked downstairs of Max’s house and into the kitchen. I looked in his cabinet with his entire hang over remedies and took one of them to get rid of this stupid headache. Swallowing the horrible tasting stuff, I walked into his living room and noticed how messy the place looked and I also noticed Josh lying on the couch, sleeping. I couldn’t help but laugh as he has drool coming out of his mouth and his hair was sticking up all over the place. He had also somehow lost his jeans and was laying there in boxers that had ‘hot stuff’ wrote all over them. I grabbed my phone to take a picture before slightly nudging him in the sides. He never awoke but made a funny noise instead, so I walked into the kitchen, grabbed a bowl and filled it with water. Still laughing to myself I slowly creep up on Josh and flung the water over his face, completely drenching him. I sat the bucket down and stood there laughing my head off.

“What!? What!? How long was I out? And why am I wet? Wait who flung that water over me?” Josh shouted. Ahh, this was funny. He was jumping up and down like a little boy fighting invisible bad guys. Then he looked own. “Where are my jeans?”

I giggled so much then he noticed me and saw that the bowl still had some droplets of water in it.

“I’m going to get you, Ruby” He ran slightly towards me then grabbed me and spun me upside down he then placed me on the couch and started tickling me. If Danielle was here, I would have loved to see her facial expression. “Did you take my jeans?”

“No,” I said through my laughter. “I just … walked into the … lounge and found you … like this.”

“Right and I are meant to believe that,” he teased and stuck his tongue out at me before slowly stopping tickling me. “Where is everyone else?”

“I’m not sure; you were the first one I found from last night. I think a few people may have left. I know that Dan has left to go to this family breakfast thing.” I replied and added with a slight smile. “I really did take your jeans off right in front of Danielle.”

“Really?” Josh asked, I think he believed me. Sometimes he was really gullible.

“No, you idiot.” I laughed at him and he just paused for a second before joining me. “I think we should look for everyone else.”

We walked into the conservatory to find Nicole sleeping on a rocking chair.

Wait why does Max own a rocking chair? Who knows?

We woke her up, after rocking the chair a few times, and asked her if she knew where everyone was.

“I’ve not seen much people since Last night. Well the early hours of today, then I guess I must have fell asleep on this rocking chair?” she said, surprise at the fact that Max had a rocking chair in his house. He really was a freak, but in a good way.

--Josh’s POV

I and Ruby went on the look to find everyone when we found Nicole in the conservatory sleeping, curled up in a ball on top of a rocking chair? Damn Max really has weird furniture in this apartment.

Seeing Nicole like this reminded me of a good old time, when we went to my grandma’s for the day and she fell asleep on the rocking chair, after us helping my grandma with the baking for hours. She always had a thing for falling asleep on objects that move, considering that she once had a hammock in her room. Her face reminded me of a koala bear being cute as her rosy cheeks were puffed out and her long eyelashes were like curtains hiding her closed eyes.

My heart wanted me to reach out and gently caress her skin, softly, to take in the detail of her skin under my fingers. My lips wanted to taste hers; although she was sleeping it would surprise her and make her dream peacefully.

But something stopped me. Well two things to be exact. Danielle and Ruby.

Imagine the slap I would get of Danielle if she found out. Also imagine the look on Ruby’s face and she would surely have told Max or someone.

It was too risky, so I just gently shook her to try and awake her. I felt slightly bad, but I could have sworn she side my name under her breath.

Right I have to sort out my head; it’s been such a long time since I’ve had these thoughts for Nicole. But I like Danielle, always. Well right now I should, shouldn’t I?

--Nicole’s POV

I was just having a nice dream, the ones when that fake bitch disappears and you end up with the man of your dreams, in my words best friend. When all of a sudden I woke up thinking that an earthquake had just happened and when my eyes adjusted to the light I turned around to notice Josh and Ruby laughing at me.

I stretched out, causing the rocking chair to move and for me to lose my balance, nearly falling on the floor. I asked “why are you two laughing at me? And why’d you wake me from my sleep?”

Josh had the cutest laugh ever and his blue eyes still looked tired but they were completely beautiful as he replied, “you looked funny, but cute, when you sleep. Also you nearly fell of the chair.” He stuck his tongue out at me. Making my mind explode and this delightful feeling to take over my body.

My mind suddenly came back to reality when I realized that ruby was standing next to him giving me a look that meant get back to earth and stop zoning out. What would I do without her?

“So why exactly did you wake me up from my beautiful dream?” My eyes slowly drifting over Josh who was standing with no top on and no jeans? Holy life is complete, well not really.

“Do you know where everyone ended up after last night?” Ruby asked.

“Can you also help us find them please?” Josh asked as he used his puppy face on me I couldn’t resist and say no.

“I’ve not seen much people since Last night. Well the early hours of today, then I guess I must have fallen asleep on this rocking chair?” I replied, confused to why Max has a freaking rocking chair in his apartment. Wow he is really weird.

“We’ve been asking ourselves the same question. Now come on.” Ruby answered, while pulling on my arm to get me up on my feet.

--Third person POV

The three of them ran around the house like they were on some mission. They saw things they never thought they would see and things that were normal for them to see. For example they found someone in Ruby’s year tied to a post, naked, and the extraordinary is finding the ones who shouldn’t be getting off with the nerd.

They soon found Max in his other guest room, his eyes tightly shut and his legs curled into his chest. There was a half empty bottle of beer next to him plus a packet of fags, which everyone found so typical of him. It was good that he never crashed with a cigarette in his mouth, or we would all be burnt. They all wondered to why he was there and to why he wasn’t in his own room.

He woke up as Josh coughed very loudly, staring at him with a smile on his face. His arms stretched and he yawned, causing everyone else to yawn. But before he explained to why he was sitting in his guest room, he hurried straight to his room and burst the door down to find John, from Ruby’s photography class, tied up to his bed.

Ruby, Josh and Nicole all turned around and gave Max the wtf Facial expression. They all turned back to John and burst out laughing. Mainly at his nudity and the pink handcuffs dangling from the bed post. This woke up John.

“Wait, what the fuck? Why am I tied up and where was that hot blonde I was with last night?” John asked before looking down and realizing that he was totally nude. With his free hand he grabbed a pillow and covered himself.

“Dude, I have to sleep on them. You better wash them,” Max said in disgust. “Actually on second thought, keep the pillows man.” He stood there laughing, that his chest caved into his knees.

“Right, I think that’s everyone who stayed last night. We’ve checked every room.” Ruby pointed out as they all made their way down the stairs except from John and Max.
♠ ♠ ♠

Thanks for reading :)

Chapter Title Credit The Academy Is...- Down and Out