Status: writers block, not sure where this stories going to go right now.

And I Only Have Eyes For You, But Does She?

cause you caught me off guard

Max’s POV

Dan and Ruby were skipping down the stairs with bog smiles plastered on to their faces. I’m so happy for both of them. It's also about time Dan got himself a girlfriend, we were actually beginning to beleive the rumors.

I allowed Ruby to use my washing machine only if she would do my washing to. She only replied to this with two words ‘okay’ and ‘ugh’. I guess that means she doesn’t want to touch my boxers. I mean it’s not like I have worn them for five days straight. Or have I? Nope, but seriously. Girls sometimes take it too far.

I’ve tried at least five times trying to phone Amber and Matt trying to figure out why they were both not here already. We have to prepare for New Year's Day dinner.

Yes, I celebrate my first dinner with my band mates, my girlfriend, my best friend and my cousin. I guess it has just become this thing that we all do now. It started about five years ago, by accident. Due to the fact that my family invited them over to begin with.

“Has anybody got through to Amber or Matt yet?” I asked hoping someone in my house had some idea of where they could be.

“Me.” Nicole said, as she stood up from the couch and started to walk towards me “I got through to Amber about five minutes ago. She told me to pass on the message that her phone is acting up just now and that she will be here at half past the hour to help out.”

“Finally. So what about Matt?” As I said this I heard my door open. I thought to myself who could it have been because we are not expecting Amber for another forty-five minutes.

“Dude, chill. Am here and I brought cake for desert.” Matt said as he placed down the bags he had in his hand. He removed his coat and walked towards the kitchen with the bags.

“Did someone mention more cake?” Ruby asked. God, that girl has something with cake. I saw her slowly run over to the cake and inhaled the air surrounded the cake.

"Ruby, calm down. You just have to wait until desert." Matt replied down to her. Everyone burst out laughing when her face dropped from a smile to a frown. She walked slowly back over to Dan and wrapped her arms around him.

I decided to go out the backdoor for a smoke, to try and calm myself from worrying about Amber. Since she is taking forever to get here and never contacted me. I grabbed my hoodie as I shut the door behind me.

I had already token two drags when the door opened and closed again. I felt the warmth of someone standing next to me.

“You really shouldn’t be smoking it’s bad for you.” Ruby said to me as she lit her own cigarette and stuck her tongue out at me.

“Really, well then why are you smoking?” I asked and smiled slightly proud of myself.

“Max, do we really need to go down the root of how I starting smoking again? Also, why do you smoke?” She stuck her tongue out at me again.

“Well Ruby you see that is a great story that shall be saved for another day.” Yes, Max 1 Ruby 0. I thought to myself after I said this.

I started to talk to her about Dan and asked her many questions about him to her. She never denied to answer all of them, but she did sly herself out of a few.

We both finished our cigarettes, as silence grew on us. I started to tickle her, to break the quiet. I heard the sound of her laugh flow through my ears. I smiled. I had always loved her laugh. She reached her hand out and started to tickle my ribs. I was literally lying on the floor and she was towering over me.

She slightly slipped on one of the stones on the patio. I grabbed her body before she fell straight on top me. We both laughed so much at this.

We both stopped laughing and it was slightly awkward. I reached my hand out and pushed a bit of her hair out her eye. She had the most amazing brown eyes I had ever seen. They were big and had a tint of gold going around the iris. I held her gaze for a few moments until we heard a cough. I flipped my head back, as Ruby flipped her head up, to see who it was.

Lucky for both me and Ruby that it wasn’t Dan or Amber. Instead it was Nicole. Ruby pushed herself up of my body and reached a hand out for me to help get up with.

“Nicole you fucking scared the shit out of me!” I slightly shouted and gasped for air for more emphasize.

“Yeah, but lucky it was me and not someone else.” Nicole replied and flung water out of a blue tub. She must have been peeling potatoes or something.

Nicole walked back inside. Ruby started to head for the backdoor. But I grabbed her wrist before she could go that far.

"So, how do you feel?" I asked her. What made me ask this I have no idea.

"I feel very fine, thank you. And how do you feel?" I heard her Scottish accent break through her fucked up accent because she has been living in England for so long.

"I feel fine too." I smiled at her. I never let her go and looked down to her hand. My voice whispered to her. "What just happened stays between us, right?" I looked up just hoping that her face showed some understanding.

"Of course." She smiled towards me and pulled me in for a hug. We headed back towards the door.

What ever happened outside I don't regret it. But I wonder if I would regret it, if Nicole didn't interrupt.

Ruby’s POV

I just casually walked out the backdoor for a smoke. But little did I know that I would have the most amazing rush of butterflies flow through my entire body. It was so amazing, it was meant to happen. Fate brought us together in this moment by a cigarette and some tickling. These are good times.

The scene that just happened on outside kept replaying in my head. It was too good to be true.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading :)

Chapter Title Credit - Hero/Heroine - Boys Like Girls