Status: writers block, not sure where this stories going to go right now.

And I Only Have Eyes For You, But Does She?

and if we don't take note

I was living back in my house and not at Max’s because my mum and her fiancé had come back from Switzerland. So I had to make sure I was in the house to welcome them back and that the house was spotless. The cleaning of the house I hated so much and it was only dust that was beginning to collect, so I guess it wasn’t really that bad.

My mum and her fiancé, well Derek, but I don’t like to call him that. I just don’t like him, and I only tell my mum I like him to keep her happy. Although sometimes I think she can see that I dislike him. Anyway, they brought back some gifts for me and my brother, also Derek’s children who have left home now. I don’t keep in contact and only put up with them when they come for visits. I was also shocked to see my brother, Jordan appear home with them. I thought he was still at university in Glasgow or something. He’s 19, but there’s only like 15 months between him and I.

Also, school started back and we got our marks back from our mini exams which would take the place of a fail in the final exam. I got mostly A’s and B’s. I'm kind of a geek when it comes to subjects but that was because they were simple subjects, like English, photography and music. I wasn’t really all that bothered about my marks as I kind of guessed I’d get good marks. I really am a geek when it does come to school. But with a lifestyle like mines you have to fit studying around your social life.

I still go to a public school even though I know a lot of famous people. It’s okay except when you get asked questions about what all their numbers are and where do they live, etc. This got even worst when they all started to know about me and Dan dating. They knew this from either twitter messages being sent from him to me and from me to him. Also, probably from some of the stalkers that like to hang outside Nando’s just to get a chance to meet them.
Well I and Dan had been seen at Nando’s quite a lot for the past month. I enjoyed going on dates with him, even if he did stop to sign autographs for his fans. I always thought he was considerate like that.

It Valentine’s Day next week and I still had to figure out what to get Dan for a present. I was thinking something either related to football or some shit like that. I hate this day, it’s like so pointless. You should be treated the way you’re treated on Valentine’s Day every day.

“Max, can I ask for a favor?” I asked through the phone. Hoping that he would say yes.

“Sure, my awesome musical talent friend.” I smiled at this remembering that I kept getting called this by Max and Josh. “What is it that you need help in?”

“Well, next week is Valentine’s Day and I need help with what to get Dan. So I was hoping that we could maybe hit the centre of London tomorrow?”

“Yep, am free. You can help me get something for Amber too.” He added, I frowned at this and slightly sighed to myself. Hoping that he wouldn’t hear it. I was wrong of course he heard it.

“What’s up? You can tell me anything.”

Could I really tell him anything, like the fact that I’ve been hiding how long I have liked him?

“Well, it’s a long story.” Where was this heading to?

“It’s okay, I have time.”

“Well...” I heard my door open and close. “I have to go. Sorry and Bye. I’ll text you later about times for tomorrow.”

I hung up after I spoke because I never wanted to hear him say goodbye to me.

Max’s POV

“Bye,” I whispered into the phone. “My sweetest friend,” I added in my head.

I will admit that I think am starting to like being in Ruby’s company ever since she’s told us that she can play guitar she’s been coming over to mines and playing with me. It’s probably one of the best things ever as we write song together and I help her with her school work. I find it weird to how Amber just couldn’t be musical. I mean how you can just not be musical when you go to one the best public schools in this area for music.

As my head begins to think of it more, I think I’m beginning to like Ruby a little bit more than just friend. The past month I have felt slightly jealous of seeing her and Dan together. But I just thought that it was because I didn’t want to see any of them being hurt. But then there was that time on New Year’s Day with us out on my patio decking. How close our bodies were and how her warm breath hit my face.

My head came back to reality, as the goofy smile was wiped away from my face. I realized that I was meant to be taking Amber out to dinner tonight.

Shit.

I placed my head in my hands, and then jumped up to run up the stairs to get changed.
I grabbed a red and blue checked shirt and a pair of bootlegged blue jeans. I jumped down the stairs to grab my Nike hi tops and a hoodie, and then I ran out the door.

I was nearly late but lucky for me Amber only lives about a 5 minute walk from my house unlike Ruby’s house which was about 15 minutes away by car.

The doorbell rang once but no one answered. I rang it again, waiting for about 5 minutes. I was about to give up then I saw her figure walking towards the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title Credit - Enter Shikari - Walls

thanks for reading :)