Count the Headlights on the Highway

5

Vivian was still flabbergasted, looking the trench-coat donning man over. His black hair was mussed, his blue eyes were exhausted and his brow was cocked in impatience. Something unnatural about him set the room alive with foreign energy that Vivian had never felt before.

“Cas…what?” Dean sighed, pulling away from Vivian. He leaned into the man to whisper feverishly, “can’t you see I’m busy?”

Cas’ eyes swept over Vivian, assessing the situation. He looked back to Dean. “Where is your brother?”

“He’s checking out a case,” Dean huffed, realizing this was going to take a while.

“You guys separated?” Cas looked bewildered.

“Castiel, I love my brother, but we cannot be up each other’s asses 24/7. We’re staying in the same hotel room, taking the same case, he’s just, ya know,” he pulled a face, jerking his head back to motion the bed where Viv sat.

Cas shook his head, disgusted. “Your brother is not stable. You can’t just let him run off.”

Dean set his jaw. Dean could take a lot of things, but a blow to his brother was just as good as a kick in the twins. “Cas,” he breathed, trying to keep composure. “Sam is a big boy. I trust him.”

Vivian could pick up that this Castiel was not use to human signals, so it surprised both her and Dean when he actually rolled his eyes. It seemed so casual.

“Just do me a favor, and keep a better eye on him,” Castiel said in an exasperated tone. With the sound of wings filling the room again, he disappeared.

Dean turned around, seething. “Freakin’ angels.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Two things:
1. This is ridiculously short, but I'll have another one up either in a little bit, or tomorrow at the latest.
2. If you couldn't tell, this is kind of like based around season 4.[: