Count the Headlights on the Highway

6

“Angel?” Vivian questioned, trying hard to actually be interested in the previous interruption. It was exceedingly difficult with Dean approaching the bed, pulling his shirt off. “Yeah,” he sighed heavily, crawling on top of her. She sprawled out to allow him to better cover her.

Looking down, he knotted his fingers in her long, auburn hair, smirking. He leaned down, pressing his lips against hers. She sighed in content, cupping her hands beneath his ears. The nostalgia was palpable as they became a familiar mess of hair and elbows, giggling and swearing.

She wrapped her legs around his waist as he nipped her neck and worked the bottom of her shirt up.

His teasing fingers were slowly working on easing her panties down when the door was heard creaking open. Dean paused, gritting his teeth and closing his eyes.

“I know you’re pissed as hell,” Sam told the lump of blanket they were underneath, “but you need to get dressed. We’ve got to get ready for tonight. I found the next kid.”

“C’mon!” Dean yelled. He collapsed on top of Viv. She laughed, slipping her arms under his to trace his bare back. “Go on, kid,” she breathed into his ear. He whined, laying with his face in her neck for a moment. He finally rolled off and out of the blanket. Vivian poked her head out, to watch the boys plan.

“Can you put some pants on?” Sam complained, pulling one more picture out of his pocket.

“I could, but I won’t,” Dean said to be difficult.

Sam rolled his eyes. He pointed to a chubby ginger boy, then to a familiar, creepy figure in the back. “He’s going to get kidnapped tonight. Let’s get suited up and head out.”

“What about me?”

They looked at Viv. “Can you raise your arm above your head?”

“Yes,” she lied.

“Let me see,” Sam sassed, raising his eyebrows.

She really tried, cursing when it pulled too tight to get even halfway there.

“You’re staying here, toots,” Dean laughed, pulling his jeans on.

“Aw, guys- c’mon!”

“We’ll be back before you know it,” Dean zipped up his jacket. He kissed her on the forehead before walking out the door. She threw herself backwards on her pillow, glaring at the ceiling as she listened to the Impala purr into the distance.