Status: Art is the Weapon. Against Life as a Symptom. Defend Yourself.

The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.

Hit the Gas, Kill 'Em All.

The sound of Dr. Death Defying's radio transmission woke me up bright and early the next morning. He was motoring on about the Fever Festival that was going to be taking place next week. The Fever Festival was a bonfire gathering in the middle of Zone 6.

Zone runners from all over would gather and bring all of their shiniest possessions; things that had been outlawed by BL/ind. way back in 2015. It was always a really good time.

"You hear that, Adrenaline?" Static Monster piped up from her spot in the driver's seat. "You wanna go with me?"

"We'll see what happens," I smiled before letting out a yawn and stretching my arms above my head. I opened up the car door and climbed out for some fresh air. Being cramped in the backseat of a car all night could definitely get a little stuffy.

Static Monster had climbed out shortly after me and went around to the trunk for our gasoline bottle. She had made a habit of constantly making sure that our tank was full because the Crows were never far behind.

Speaking of those bastards...

We both went stiff at the sound of a distant siren. They were coming...Static threw the bottle of gasoline back in the trunk before hopping back in the car and I climbed back into the backseat, readying my flasher.

As soon as she brought the engine to life, a S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W Dept. vehicle pulled up behind us and the Crows leaned out the window to fire at us. Static didn't let that scare her as she stepped on the gas; the speedometer needle slowly climbing past 80 m.p.h.

I tried to swallow back my fear as I leaned out of the open window and shot as many of those assholes as I could. I managed to shoot them all in the chest or head, watching each one of them drop like flies with Static's wild hooting and hollering to pump me up.

She made a sharp turn onto a more defined dirt road and sped down it until we finally lost them. I slid back into the backseat and Static gave me a high five. "You were fucking beast back there, Zombie!" she laughed. "Oh my God!"

I started to laugh as well and she stopped in front of an old diner that looked like it had been abandoned years ago. But it was a diner so there still had to be some kind of edible food in there, right?

I guess we'll just have to see. I sure did hope so because I didn't know how much more dog food I'd be able to eat...I mean, it beat eating roadkill by a long shot ; but it was still nasty as hell.

Static Monster and I climbed out of the Mustang and slid our flashers into their holsters before heading toward the diner's busted door. It wasn't until we were already inside that I heard the sound of clanking dishes...Looks like we weren't alone.

But were they our allies? Or were we going to have to ghost some more assholes?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hang tight, desert rats...
Comments?