Status: Completed!

Noise and Kisses

The Party

For the next two hours we all talked and got to know each other a bit more. We worked out that myself, Nate, Brandon and Quinn will bunk in the “sober bus” and Hazel, Jeph and Bert would stay in the “party bus.” The party bus crew, as we called them, left to put Hazel’s belongings away and get settled in. All the excitement made me really feel in the mood for a party. I decided before I got ready I wanted a smoke. So I grabbed a pack and headed outside of the bus. After a few minutes, Nate came out too.
I smiled, “Heya.”
“I didn’t know you smoked?” he said.
I laughed, “Mmm, well I do.”
He nodded and then continued to ask, “So how did you get involved with Warped?”
“Well my brother Matthew is in this new little band and he asked me to come along.”
He looked surprised, “That’s awesome.”
I nodded, “Yeah, what about you?”
He grimaced, “I just had nothing better to do,” he laughed and his dark hair ruffled around his face as the wind blew, “and my dad is friends with a tour manager, so he got me the job.”
I stepped on my cigarette, “I gotta get ready.”
He nodded and once again, put an arm around my shoulders. I was beginning to like this kid.
“Okay come on,” he said.
I grabbed my cosmetics and closed and decided to wear a dress. It was white and had little lace ruffled sleeves. It really showed off my blue bird tattoo which was on the top of my arm. I slipped on my new underwear, simple black with a bit of lace. I was just about to pull the dress over my head when the bathroom door banged open. There, stood Quinn, in all his glory with his hair messed over his eyes. His mouth popped open, “What the shit? Who are you?!” he yelled.
I screamed from shock and embarrassment and quickly pulled my dress over my bra and panties.
“Have you ever heard of fucking knocking?” I asked madly.
“How was I supposed to know you were in here?” he said rudely.
“Exactly, if you knocked on the door, you would have known!” I yanked the little lace sleeve which had slipped of my shoulder.
Then he smirked and answered coolly, “Well don’t get your panties in a knot. Those black panties are really too good for that.”
My eyes widened, “Asshole,” I muttered as I grabbed my cosmetics stuff.
He smirked and laughed, “Why are you so worried? You look great anyway,” he said looking me up and down suggestively.
I sighed and pushed passed him.
He called after me, “I’m Quinn, by the way.”
I ignored him and continued into the bedroom. Jeph walked passed me in the opposite direction and smiled at me.
As I was packing my stuff away I could hear them talking, “Who’s that hottie?” asked Quinn.
“Thalia, our merch girl.”
“Ooh,” said Quinn in understanding, “she’s a feisty one.”
Jeph laughed, “Really? What did you do to her?”
“Walked in on her while she was getting changed,” Quinn sounded like he was smirking.
“Oh snap,” said Jeph, his voice then dropped lower but I could still hear him, “thoughts?”
I frowned, but the conversation continued.
“She is fine!” Quinn laughed.
“Cool man, well she’s bunking with you.”
“Mk,” I heard, which was followed by a door shutting.
I sighed and pulled on my shoes. This time I wore red converse and I was ready to go.
I walked out of the room and sat on the couch, feet tucked under me.
“Ready?” asked Nate.
“Yes indeed!”
“What was all that about, before? The yelling?” he asked.
“Oh. Well,” I was embarrassed that beautiful Quinn walked in on me. I imagined our first actual meeting a little bit better than that. “Um, Quinn walked in on me when I was getting changed.”
Nate frowned, “Oh.”
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“Nothing,” he said, “Um, haha, were you fully dressed or…” he trailed off.
“I had like, underwear on. But I’m sorta embarrassed.”
As I finished my sentence I heard Quinn laughing behind me, “Don’t be,” he said and walked out the bus door.
I rolled my eyes.
“Forget him. Come on, let’s party Thalia,” said Nate smiling as he ruffled my hair.
“Alright!”
Next thing I knew we were all outside with music pumping and tons of people dancing around me. There were three big white tents set up, like the ones from earlier today, which had drinks available in them. The party was set out on a grassy area which was close to some of the buses. There was a massive crowd and some of them had split up. Some people were dancing together and some were just sitting around little hand-made bonfires chatting away. I had just split off from the group and was stumbling around to find my brother. I guessed by the amount of light, or lack of light, it was now 7pm. Finally I spotted my bean pole of a brother and ran up to him. I now clung onto his back and was laughing; wow the drinks had already gone to my head.
“Ahhhh! Hey sis,” yelled Matt excitedly.
I giggled and waved; now back on the ground.
Adam was already hooking up with a girl I had never seen before, and Owen and Dean turned around to greet me.
“Who are you bunking with?!” Dean asked eagerly.
I grinned and knew he would be jealous, “The Used.”
He screamed like a girl, “OHMG! You’re lucky!”
Owen laughed, “Fuck Dean, you shriek like a little girl.”
Dean pouted, “Do not,” he muttered.
“That’s awesome Thal,” my brother affectionately called me as he ruffled up my hair.
“Are they at the party tonight?” asked Dean.
“Yeah, they’re around here somewhere. They are pretty cool,” I nodded, yet I thought of one exception to who was cool…
Matthew went all protective, “Well hey, I don’t want you to be stupid with them or anything.”
I laughed and shoved him, “Shut up, you suck at being the typical protective brother.”
He scrunched up his nose, “Yeah but seriously, be careful alright?”
“Sure sure,” I answered.
“Let the girl have some fun!” Owen said, also shoving Matthew playful.
“Alright guys, well I’m getting out of here. I’ll see you around.” I said waving goodbye.
As I weaved through the drunken crowd I realized I forgot to say that I was proud of them. I gasped and decided to turn around, but just as I whipped around I stumbled and fell backwards into the warm arms of some random.
“Oh shit, sorry!” I said as I looked up to the person who caught me. But then I mentally took it back as I realized I was looking into the hazel eyes of Quinn.
“Oh wait, it’s just you,” I said stiffly and began to walk away from him.
He laughed and caught my wrist, “Yeah. Wait up.” I could tell he was drunk.
I frowned, “What?”
He went all serious, “Well I was just gonna say that I’m sorry about before.”
I softened, “Oh, it’s okay then.”
He smiled, “Good, because I think we could be friends.”
I smirked at him, “Maybe…”
He laughed, “You wait. You’ll like me,” he winked.
I scoffed at his inflated ego, “Someone is sure of himself.”
“One month Thalia-Jade.”
“What?” I asked.
He repeated himself and laughed, “I said One month! Just you wait. You’ll be like putty in my hand.”
I frowned at him. Just as I thought he was bearable, or even nice, he turns cocky again.
“True,” I said sarcastically.
He winked at me again and grinned.
I changed the subject; I didn’t want to fight, “What’s your poison?” I asked gesturing to the cup in his hand.
He was still grinning and looking annoyingly adorable, “Vodka!”
I nodded.
“You don’t approve?” he said.
I laughed, “Hardly. That is my favorite.”
He raised his eyebrows, “Oh, well have some!” he said offering me his cup.
I paused for a second and gave him a look and ended up shrugging as I took a gulp.
He grinned, “Yummy?”
I rolled my eyes playfully, “You’re stupid.”
He leaned in closer and I realized that we had been walking. I only recognized that we have moved because my back bumped into a bus. I was stuck.
He leaned down to my eye level and this time he slurred, “And you know what?”
I was breathless, “Uh, what?” I asked as I bit my lip.
“You are beautiful,” he giggled.
“You are drunk.”
“You are beautiful.”
“You are smashed as.”
“You are beautiful.”
“Shut up, you’re gone.”
“You are beautiful!” he said louder.
“You are way drunk!” I said equally as loud.
“Yeah? Well you are really beauti--, “he got cut off and I realized his face was inching closer.
Nate cut him off and pulled Quinn’s shoulder back, “Are you okay Thalia?” he directed his question at me, even though his face was serious and frowning at Quinn.
I blushed, “I’m fine.”
Quinn took a few steps back and grinned at me before pointing at me and saying, “One month.” And with that, he walked off into the crowd.
I bit my lip again and thought, ‘Damn.’
Nate brought me out of my thoughts, “What does he mean, one month,” he said as he impersonated Quinn.
I laughed, “Oh nothing he was just being silly.”
Nate did his usual move and put his arm around me, “Alright. As long as you are okay.”
I nodded as I looked up at his big eyes, “Yeah don’t worry.”
“Drink?” he asked.
I grinned at him, “Hell yes, let’s get wastttteedd!” I yelled.

It was now midnight, I knew because a group of people were counting down to twelve for New Years. I was cheering with them when Nate dragged me away laughing, explaining that it wasn’t actually New Years Eve, and I didn’t even know those people.
“You are a crazy drunk!” he said as he pulled me down into his lap. Nate, Hazel, Bert, Jeph, Quinn and Brandon and I were all sitting around a little bonfire chatting and drinking.
“She’s great!” laughed Bert.
Hazel was equally as smashed, “You are great!” she yelled at me, “A toast, to Thalia,” she continued and held up her red beer cup.
“Awwwwww,” Brandon was cooing in the background and I could hear other people chuckling.
“Thank you,” I said in a sing song voice.
“Guys, I just wanna say that we are all really glad that you are our merch people. You are by far the coolest of all the helpers,” Jeph said grinning.
Hazel giggled, “Thanks! I’m so glad, did you know that I’m a huge fan?”
I heard a fake gasp, which belonged to Quinn, “really?”
She nodded, not realizing his sarcasm, “Yeah, since I was like twelve I have loved you all so mu-“ her rambling got cut off by Nate’s low voice in my ear.
“Having fun?” he whispered.
I laughed, realizing I had my two arms wrapped around his neck and was playing with his hair. I was sitting in his lap like a three-year old.
“You would make such a sweet couple,” said Hazel.
“Who would?” I asked.
“You two,” Hazel said looking at me and Nate.
I blushed but didn’t respond. I could feel a soft chuckle from Nate behind me.
Just then, Quinn spoke up and was looking at me, “Nope, I don’t think so.”
I saw Jeph raise his eyebrows and look at Quinn. Brandon also was looking at Quinn, but he was frowning. It was suddenly awkward.
Quinn gave another grin, this time a sly one, “I don’t think you two would be a good couple compared to what myself,” he said pointing to his chest, “and Thalia would be.”
Hazel laughed, “I wasn’t heaps serious. Don’t worry, I just thought you guys looked nice together, sitting like that,” she said as an attempt to make things lighter.
“Whatever man,” Nate muttered.
Jeph laughed, thinking along the same lines as Hazel, “Shut up Quinn, you’re wasted,” he playfully shoved Quinn.
And Quinn giggled like a four-year old as he opened up his arms, “I’m just saying!”
“Okay, well I think that I’m gonna head into bed,” I said standing up.
“Here, let me come with you,” Nate said as we walked away.
I could still hear the group as we were walking, “She’s gonna have a killer hang over when she wakes up,” Quinn said, as if nothing awkward ever happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
And so the 'noise' starts..