Status: Completed!

Noise and Kisses

Playing Games

The next morning I was awoken by the curtain of my bunk being ripped open, “Morning sugar face,” sang Quinn into my ear.
I groaned and rolled over, “What time is it?”
He laughed, “It’s about 11am.”
I sat up fast, “Shit! I’ll be late.”
He pushed me back down, “Don’t worry, Hazel and Nate are working today, Friday is your day off.”
I sighed happily, “Wonderful! Then why did you wake me up?”
He shrugged, “I don’t know. I was bored.”
“That’s no excuse.”
He shrugged again, “It is now!” he continued, “Anyway I was wondering, do you want some tea?”
I nodded, “Thanks.”
After I drank my tea in bed, Quinn tried to hop into my sleeping bag with me.
“Get out, you can’t fit fatty,” I said playfully.
He fake gasped, “How rude, of course I can.”
He put on a little child’s voice, making me imagine what he would sound like if he were really 5 again, “Move ovvvveerrrr.”
“No,” I said.
After 5 minutes of wrestling into the sleeping bag, Quinn finally succeeded. We were squished up on the bunk and my head ended up resting in the curve of his neck and chest.
He put on a girl’s voice this time, “Isn’t this romantic?”
I laughed at him and he became serious as he asked me, “Would you like to go to sleep again?”
I nodded, “I’m so tired from staying up late last night.”
“I’m sleeping here with you though,” he said.
“Shouldn’t you be playing a show, or doing something, you know?” I asked.
He shrugged, “I never know, usually Jeph or Bert comes and gets me.”
“I wonder how their party went last night,” I said out loud.
He looked at me and I could feel his breath on the top of my head, “I think it went well. But I’m still glad I hung out with you instead.”
I smiled into his chest, “Me too.”
That night there were no parties. The band decided that we should all just hang out in the buses together. Hazel was so excited by the idea she insisted that we made it a ‘pajama party.’ After much debate, everyone decided that it could be fun. However, Hazel also insisted on some ‘bonding-girly time’ so Hazel and I had to get ready together.
She wore her blonde hair in pigtails and her yellow and pink dotty pj’s. “Do I look okay Thalia?” she asked me smiling.
I nodded, “Sure, you look sweet.”
I was wearing teal silk shorts and a matching silk pajama blouse. The colour combination made my black hair stand out. When Hazel saw my outfit she gasped, “Oh Thalia I’m so jealous, you always wear the cutest things!”
“Thanks,” I replied.
Someone banged on the door, “Come on,” the voice said, which I recognized to be Bert.
Hazel giggled, and called out, “Coming!”
We both stepped out of the bedroom section and joined the rest of the band in the living room section. Brandon and Nate were talking together on the couches whilst Jeph and Quinn were playing Sing-Star together, and Bert was raiding the fridge.
Jeph stopped singing when he looked at us, “Finally!” he said.
“So, what are we even doing?” Brandon said.
Jeph and Quinn turned the Sing-Star off, and Jeph replied, “Well I’ve ordered some food and we’re having dinner together.”
With that, Hazel grinned, “And I’ve got the booze!”
Nate cheered and I laughed.
After we all ate dinner, and someone had put some music on, the drinking started.
Quinn was sitting on the couch, lazily strumming at his guitar. Hazel was begging us to make a circle so we could play a game.
“Come on sit down everyone!” she squealed as Bert ran quickly to sit at her feet.
Hazel looked at me, so I sat down too. The next thing I noticed was that Quinn stopped playing his guitar and sat down across the “circle” from me. Nate took his place right next to me and everyone else filled in the gaps.
“What are we gonna do?” Bert asked looking up at Hazel, who was kneeling.
She grinned, “Shots!”
I groaned inwardly, shots always led to trouble.
And about an hour later, that’s exactly what I was in.
Bert had convinced us all to play the drinking game, “Never have I ever…”
We’d gone through all the basic stuff and people were now running out of things to say.
Hazel slammed her shot down and gasped, “Okay, my turn now,” she slurred yet continued, “Never have I ever, stolen something.”
Hazel and myself were the only ones to take a shot, “Oh, you guys are all bad then,” she laughed.
Jeph wiggled his eye brows and nodded; “Now it’s my turn. Never have I ever, taken singing lessons.”
Everyone except for me and Bert took a shot.
“Okay! Me!” I said, bouncing on my knees, “Never have I ever, been on Warped,” I grinned.
Nate, Hazel and I downed another shot.
Bert grabbed his shot glass and spoke loudly, “Never, have I ever dressed as a girl!”
Brandon playfully knocked his shot out of his hand and laughed, “You little liar!”
Everyone started laughing and Bert’s giggling filled the atmosphere with a giddy mood.
Then it was Quinn’s turn, as he spoke he look straight into my eyes, “Never have I ever felt this way so quickly,” he was smirking but his eyes were serious.
He held my gaze as people around us spoke. Brandon laughed, “Me too guys, I’m dizzy.” Everyone thought that Quinn meant he had never felt that drunk, but I interpreted what he said differently.
Hazel nodded, “Oh my god, the room is spinning,” she said as she laid her back onto the floor.
Brandon went to stand up and helped Nate up with him, “We’re going to bed.”
I swallowed and looked up to Nate, “Goodnight.”
Everyone went into their bunks whilst Quinn and I still sat on the floor, looking at each other.
I bit my lip, “So…” the alcohol made it hard for me to think.
He moved closer to me, “Thalia,” he whispered.
“What?”
“Never mind,” he smiled.
I stuttered awkwardly as I spoke, “Uh, I think I should-d prob-ably go t-to sleep.”
I stood up at the same time Quinn did. Instinctively his hands went around my waist to steady me. I looked up at him, and for the first time, Quinn looked shy and unsure.
“Are you okay?” I asked.
He nodded in response.
We walked together into the sleeping area and I climbed into my bunk. Without saying anything he tucked me into my bunk and moved my hair out of my eyes.
I went to open my mouth, to say something to him, but his finger softly pressed against my lips. Before walking away Quinn, swiftly and ever so softly, pecked my temple and whispered goodnight. I fell slept soundly that night.