Status: Completed!

Noise and Kisses

The Best Summer Yet

The next few weeks of Warped Tour rolled on without much drama. Except that was probably going to change after tonight. There was another big party scheduled after the concerts, and I was nervously getting ready with Hazel.
“You’ll be fine honey. Just stick close to Quinn and you won’t have any trouble,” said Hazel. She was comforting me because last party I went to was “the incident” with Jimmy.
I nodded, “You’re right. Besides, Jimmy is gone now.”
Hazel giggled, “And also, you and Quinn are stuck to each other like glue! He won’t let you out of his sight.”
I put down my mascara brush and looked at her, “What do you mean!” Wow, I was really getting used to these girly chats. I never had a sister.
She continued applying her blush as she gushed, “Well you two are just so cute. Don’t think everyone doesn’t notice it! Quinn constantly stares at you! And you always blush around him. It’s so adorable.”
I realized I was smiling just thinking about Quinn. I giggled, “Really? I guess you’re right.”
Our conversation was cut short by the guys returning to the bus. Bert threw open the bathroom door and planted a kiss on Hazel’s lips. I decided to leave them alone to chat.
Jeph was standing in the hallway, “Hey Thalia,” he called out.
“Hey Jepha,” I replied, “Have you seen Quinn?”
“Yeah, he is getting ready over on the party bus. He’s organizing drinks for us too.”
I nodded. Hazel was right, I was always asking after Quinn…where was he? What was he doing? I didn’t realize I’d feel so attached so quickly.
After finishing off my make up, I sat down in the bus and waited around for Quinn. Hazel, Bert and Brandon were still in the bathroom getting ready and laughing. Jepha and I sat on the couches together drinking already. I was already starting to feel the effects of the vodka.
I giggled and leaned into Jeph, “So tell me, pleeeeeeease. Has Quinn said anything about me?”
Jeph laughed at me, “Oh my god you are such a light weight, I can’t believe you are giggling and stumbling about already!”
I gasped, “I’m not stumbling around; I’m sitting right next to you. And don’t avoid my question!”
Jeph took a sip of his drink and replied, “Of course he has said stuff about you.”
I grinned, “Like what?”
“I don’t know. Mushy stuff,” Jeph said, “He really likes you. He says you’re funny and smart and he likes that you are feisty.”
“Feisty?” I said frowning.
“Um yeah, like how you fight back at him and play around with him,” he said, “Most girls that Quinn has dated just sit there and look pretty. But he likes that you are more than that.”
I laughed, “Okay, I guess that’s good. I never thought I was feisty though.”
Jeph laughed out loud, “Are you kidding me Thalia? You two are either yelling at each other, or making out. It’s like noise and kisses around you two.”
I scoffed, “Well passion is good in a relationship! And we do way more than those two things.” I took a few more sips of my drink and we sat in silence.
Jeph nudged me, “So…” he said, “Do you like him?”
I gasped, “Isn’t it obvious! He’s so…dreamy.”
Jeph laughed again, “Oh my god you just said dreamy. I’m totally bringing that up tomorrow when you’re sober.”
I giggled, “Well I am a girl. It should be part of my vocabulary!” All the talk about Quinn made me really miss him. I wanted to go and talk to him. I left Jeff to drink by himself while I stumbled off the bus into darkness. I walked over to the ‘party bus’ and tapped on the door.
Quinn, with his messy hair, opened the door with a grin, “Hey baby!”
I sauntered up the stairs and tugged the collar of his shirt, leading him further into the bus. I stopped leading him at the couch and pushed him on to it.
“Why hello,” he said again with a smile that made the edges of his eyes crinkle.
Without speaking, I straddled him on the couch and whispered in his ear, “I’ve missed you.”
He took my face in his hands, forcing me to stop kissing his neck, and said, “I’ve missed you too. But, have you been drinking?”
I giggled, “Maybe a bit.”
“I can practically smell it on you.”
“Okay, so maybe a fair bit.”
He laughed whilst wrapping his arms around my waist, and then kissed me gently on the lips. My hands slid down to his shirt buttons. I opened them, one by one, to reveal his warm chest. My hands stroked up and down his chest. He kept his eyes glued to my face.
“This just feels so right,” I smiled at him.
He leaned in to kiss me. His lips hovered from my mouth, down to my collarbones. This time, I hoped, we would not be interrupted. I slowly stood up and led him into the bunk bed area.
He removed his shirt completely now and I started unbuckling his belt.
“Hey, wait up. So I’m gonna stand here topless while you stay in your pretty party dress?” he smirked down at me and began pulling the hem of my dress up.
I giggled as he grabbed me closer to him and continued to slide my dress up over my head.
My breath was heavier now, “Can we just skip the party tonight?”
His voice was equally as husky, “If that’s what you want?”
I smiled and pushed him to the bed, “I do.”

The next morning Quinn and I woke in the same bed, the sheets covering our lower bodies. The events of last night came rushing back to me. I bit my lip, smiling, as I thought how bold I was.
“Good morning,” he said and pecked my nose.
“Morning,” I replied happily.
We lay together on the bed in comfortable silence. Our bare legs were tangled together and his arms were still wrapped around me. The moment could not be better.
This truly was the best summer yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End! Did you like it??