She Deserves Better.

12 Grimmauld Place.

Severus Snape walked briskly, his long black robe fluttering around his ankles, an air of confidence and arrogance around him. 

As he stepped in front of 12 Grimmauld Place, he raised his fist, ready to knock, but hesitated. He placed his fist down. He stared at the door for a  minute and finally gave it a good knock.

He stared at the ground as he heard noises. 

"I'll get the door!" A familiar voice said. 

The door opened. 

"Alexis." Severus said with an attempted smile. 

Alexis Rayson stared at the thin hooked man in front of her. She broke into a smile. 

"Sev!" A lady with long brown hair and dark brown eyes greeted him. She gave him a hug that Severus returned stiffly, but nevertheless, still a hug. 

"Come on in." Alexis said, as Severus stepped in and she closed the door. 

"Are they here yet?" Severus asked as they walked slowly down the long hallway.

"Only the Wealseys and Hermione." Alexis said. "Moody and the others went to fetch Harry."

Severus nodded. The two walked in silence. 

"So you stayed here?" Severus asked as his eyes roamed around the home.

Alexis nodded. "Sirius needed someone to take care of him." 

"He's old enough, Alex. Isn't Remus staying here too?"

"Sirius needs me Sev. He's my best friend. Besides, you know they send Remus away on missions!"

"Best friend indeed." Severus sneered. 

Alexis grabbed his hand. "Sev, not now. Please." she begged as they approached the kitchen.

"Is everything all right?" Sirius Black asked as he leaned against the wall. His grey eyes met Severus black's. 

"Severus." he said slowly as his eyes moved between Severus and Alexis and smirked when he saw her hand holding Severus'.

Alexis cleared her throat as she pulled both Severus and Sirius inside. "We can start now." she said quickly.