She Deserves Better.

Department of Mysteries.

A loud noise broke the silence. Alexis stared at nervous looking Kreacher. "What's that Kreacher?" 

"Kreacher said Master Sirius is not here." he hissed and tried to close the door but Severus stopped him. Alexis kicked Kreacher aside slightly and went inside. 

To her relief, she saw Sirius coming down the stairs. She ran to Sirius putting her arms around him. 

"Sirius! Thank goodness you're alright."

Sirius laughed as he put his arms around her. "Alex! I was busy attending to Buckbeak. I didn't know you missed me so much." His eyes went to Severus. "Severus?" he said, confused.

Alexis turned to Severus, and it dawned on both of them. Alexis quickly told Sirius the story. How Harry had a false vision by Voldemort that he was captured. And how they were most probably on the way to the Department Of Mysteries to "save him." 

"Let me try get hold of Dumbledore." Severus said. 

"And the Order." Sirius added and Snape nodded.

For once, Severus and Sirius seemed to be on the same page. 

Sirius nodded. "Let me get my wand." 

Alexis grabbed his hand. "No. Padfoot. You're staying. It's too much of a risk." 

"Let him go Alex. Might be a chance for him to prove how worthy he is." Severus sneered.

"Maybe I will!" Sirius said and the two engaged in a staring contest. 

"Enough! Both of you! The children are in danger. Put aside your grudges for once I'm begging you!" Alexis shouted, almost in tears. 

Sirius exchanged looks with Severus but neither said anything. Sirius gave Alexis a last look  and left to her dismay, ignoring her pleas for him to stay.

"I'm going too!" Alexis said but Severus grabbed her. 

"Alexis! You can't! If the death eaters see you, it will spoil everything." 

Alexis whimpered as Severus let her go. She knew he was right. She could not risk it. 

Severus brought the quiet Alexis back to Hogwarts. Alexis laid her head on his chest, fearing for the children's and her best friend's life.