She Deserves Better.

Padfoot's secret.

Alexis was shaken awake. Remus held her tight. Tonks was next to him, her usually bright pink hair was a dull brown.

"Remus! Tonks!" she said. "When did you two get here?" she looked around, a little drowsy. She was in her room. Severus might had carried her there. "Where's the others? Where's Harry?" she asked anxiously suddenly.

"Harry and his friend are fine." Tonks said, trying to fake a smile. "But Sirius." her voice trailed off.

"Sirius? What? What happened to him?" Alexis asked quickly.

"Alexis, Sirius is gone." Remus said grimly, confirming her nightmare.

Alexis stared at the two of them. Seeing their faces, she finally understood. She felt her heart drop and her stomach sick.

"Sirius is gone? But how?" her voice dropped into a whisper.

Tonks told her everything. How Bellatrix hit him with a curse and he fell through the veil when he lost his balance.

Alexis felt numb for a minute before the tears started falling. Remus grabbed the sobbing Alexis who was screaming in despair.

"It's not fair!" Alexis shouted. "It's not fair!" She could barely see, her eyes clouded with tears. She felt a stabbing pain in her heart. She closed her eyes but Sirius faced cause her to open them again. She saw his smile, heard his laugh in her mind. She saw his face before he left the headquaters. She saw him.

She pushed Remus away, her thoughts went to Harry. 

Remus watched as she ran out of her room, Tonks chasing after her. He closed his eyes for a minute, trying to numb the pain he was feeling. 

He opened his eyes. A silever object was on the bed, possibly from the clutches of Alexis.

He held the object in his hand. It was a locket. He opened it. Inside was a picture of young Alexis and Sirius. Alexis who had Sirius locked under her arm. Sirius was grinning not bothering to try and release himself from her clutches. 

Remus frowned gripping the locket in his fist and closed his eyes. The locket. A birthday gift from Sirius to Alexis for her sixteenth birthday. 

He sighed as he recalled his last conversation with Sirius. 

**
"Why don't you tell her? You loved her since we were kids, Sirius!" Remus asked Sirius, staring at his friend. 

"Because, if she's happy, than I'm happy. Even if it's with Severus." he said softly.
**

Remus opened his eyes. His thumb went over the back of the locket. Slowly, he ran his thumb over it. There was a carving on the back of the locket. He saw the first word. Lexy. 

Sirius personal nickname for Alexis. He smiled. He removed his thumb fully from the locket.

Lexy and Padfoot. 

A tear trickled down his face. Not just because he lost his best friend. But also because Sirius never got a chance at happiness with the woman he truly loved.