She Deserves Better.

The unbreakable vow.

"Who is that dear?" Alexis asked, wondering who would be at the door that night, as she went to Severus.

She stood behind a wall, her eyes fixed on two woman outside her door. 

"Narcissa, what a pleasent surprise." Severus said. 

"Severus," Narcissa said in a strained voice. "May I speak to you? It's urgent." 

"But of course." Severus said as he took a step back, allowing her to enter. Her sister, Bellatrix entered without invatation. 

"Snape," she said, curtly as she passed him.

"Bellatrix," he replied, his thin mouth curling into a mocking smile as he closed the door.

Alexis walked slowly in front of her guest.

"Alexis!" Narcissa said in surprise as Alexis gave her a smile and a hug.

"What are you doing here?" Bellatrix asked, a suspicious look on her face.

Alexis smile grew thin as she stared at Bellatrix. "Hello, Bellatrix." She said, her voice dripping with unpleasentness. "I would have to ask you the same thing too. I happen, to live here." she said, smirking.

Seeing the confused look on Bellatrix, Severus walked next to Alexis and placed his arm around her waist. "Bellatrix, Narcissa," he said, a curve forming on his mouth, "meet my wife, Alexis." 

"Wife?" Bellatrix spat out, shocked.

"Yes, Bella. We're married." Alexis said, as if talking to a child. Narcissa seemed indifferent, Alexis assumed Lucius must have had told her the last time he and she met.

Bellatrix was about to ask more questions but Severus raised his hand to stop her and Alexis led them to the sitting room. 

Severus gestured Narcissa and Bellatrix to the sofa. "So what can I do for you?" he asked as he and his wife settled at the two armchairs opposite the sisters.

"We are alone, aren't we?" Narcissa asked. 

"Yes of course, not counting Wormtail." Alexis said. She pointed her wand at the wall of books behind her and with a bang, a hidden door flew open, revealing a narrow staircase upon which a small man stood frozen. 

"We have guests, Wormtail." Alexis said without looking at him. 

Voldemort had sent Peter Pettigrew to the Snapes. Alexis was unhappy that Peter was sent to their home, but she said nothing. She grew to hate Peter for betraying Lily and James. Peter had pointed out she was going to be on Voldemort's side to which Alexis hexed him, telling him, he did not know anything, and treated him like a servent. Severus, blinded by hatred towards Peter as well, did nothing to stop Alexis, instead, threatening him to listen to his wife if Peter had ever wanted to live. 

Alexis orderd Wormtail, she stopped calling him Peter, to fetch them wine. Wormtail protested, saying that he was not their servent,and was there to assist them. Alexis and Severus sneered, saying if he was unhappy, he could speak to Voldemort himself. 

"Do remember both of us are providing you shelter and food." Alexis said coldly that even Bellatrix had to smirk.

Wormtail hesitated but quickly ran and came back with a bottle of wine and four glasses on a tray. 

"Run along, wormtail." Severus sent him back, pointing his wand at the wall again and there was a loud bang and Wormtail's scurrying up the stairs.

"Now where where we?" Alexis asked, as she poured red-blood wine into their glasses. " she glared at Bellatrix. "Put that down Bella, we musn't touch what isn't ours." 

Bellatrix rolled her eyes and she slammed down a picture frame, containing a wedding picture of Severus and Alexis.

"I know I ought not to be here, I have been told to say nothing to anyone-"

"Then you ought hold your tongue!" snarled Bellatrix. "Particularly in present company!" 

Severus smirked. "Present company?" repeated Severus. "And what am I to understand by that, Bellatrix?"

"That I don't trust you, Snape, as you know very well." Her eyes went to Alexis. "Nor your new wife, Alexis." 

Severus asked why she didn't and soon the two got into a heated debate. Seeing the upset and restless Narcissa, Alexis pulled her arm, and brought her outside. 

For a moment, the two were silent, hearing Severus and Bellatrix's argument inside. 

"How long have you two been married?" Narcissa asked, taking a nervous sip of her wine.

"For about two months now. It was a rather private affair, you see." Alexis said stiffly. 

Narcissa looked at Alexis, and was about to say something but hesitated.

"Yes, I know about Severus. And the Dark Lord knows about our marriage. In fact, I've met him before our marriage." Alexis said, smiling. 

Alexis brought her back in once she heard silence inside. 

"What is it you have come for, Narcissa?" Alexis asked taking advantage of the silence between Severus and Bellatrix.

"The Dark Lord has forbidden me to speak of it," Narcissa continued. "He wishes none to know of the plan. It is.. Very secret. But-" 

"If he has forbidden it, you ought not to speak." Severus said at once. "The Dark Lord's word is law." 

"There!" Bellatrix said triumphantly to her sister. "Even Snape says so: you were not to talk, so hold your silence!"

Severus stood up at once. "It so happens that both me and Alexis know of the plan," he said in a low voice. "We are the one of the few the Dark Lord have told. Nevertheless, had we not been in on the secret, you would have been guilty of great treachery to the Dark Lord."

"I thought you must know about it." said Narcissa, breathing more freely. "He trusts you Severus, and Alexis, you being his wife-"

"You know about the plan? Alexis knows about the plan?" Bellatrix said, outrage. 

Narcissa begged Severus to help convince Voldemort to change his mind. Severus shook his head, nobody would try such a thing. 

Narcissa crumpled on the ground. Alexis picked her up. She took a glance at Severus. She poured more wine into Narcissa's wine and forced her to take a drink.

"It might be possible for my husband to help." Alexis said. 

Narcissa's eyes grew huge. "Will you? Severus? Will you? Alexis?" 

"We'll try." Severus said. 

"Swear to it." Bellatrix said, a sly grin creeping slowly on her face. "Make the unbreakable vow." she whispered. 

She smirked, and walked slowly to Severus. "Empty words. He'll give it his best but when it matters," she placed her head on his shoulder, ignoring Alexis's glares. "he'll just slither back into his hole. Coward."

Alexis stepped next to her husband. "My husband is not a coward." she said firmly, as Bellatrix stepped back and smirked as she went back to her sister.

"Certainly Bellatrix. I shall make the unbreakble vow." Severus said quietly. "Perhaps your sister will consent to be our Bonder."

Alexis grimaced, not liking the idea of her husband being tied down to an unbreakable vow. 

Bellatrix took out her wand, looking at Alexis. "Well, aren't you going to join?" she asked Alexis. 

Alexis stared at her and firmly placed her hand over Severus's and Narcissa's.

Bellatrix spoke.
"Will you, Severus Snape and Alexis Reyson-"

"Snape. Alexis Snape." she corrected Bellatrix.

"Right. Will you, Severus and Alexis Snape, watch over Draco Malfoy as he attempts to fufill the Dark Lord's wishes?"

"I will." said Severus.
"I will." said Alexis.

A thin flame issued from the wand and wound its way around their hands like a red hot wire. 

"And will you, to the best of your ability, protect him from harm?" 

"I wil." Severus and Alexis said together.

"And, should it prove necessary... If it seems Draco will fail," whispered Narcissa, "will you, Severus, carry out the deed the Dark Lord has ordered Draco to perform?" 

"I will." said Severus.

Alexis was about to remove her hand but Bellatrix continued speaking. "And will you, Alexis, take over Severus's job should he too, fail?" Bellatrix smirked.

There was a moment of silence, as Alexis stared at her husband.

Severus was about to protest but Alexis spoke. "I will." she said softly. 

A third flame shot out of the wand, binding their hands, twisted with the others, blinding their hands like a rope.
*********************************
Alexis walked down the path and knocked on the door of The Burrow.

"Whose there?" a voice she recognised as Molly's was muffled behind the door.

"It is me. Alexis!" she raised her voice. A few seconds later, the door opened.

"Alexis! Come in!" Molly said, giving her a hug. 

"Here," said Alexis as Molly closed the door. "I brought you a bottle of wine." Alexis said, passing a bag to Molly containing two bottles of wine. 

"You shouldn't have!" Molly said, smiling. "Harry's at the sitting room." 

Alexis thanked Molly and entered the sitting room. 

"Alex!" Harry said, surprised as he stood up, rushing to greet his godmother. 

"Happy birthday Harry! You didn't think I forgot your birthday did you?" she grinned and passed him a bag full of gifts.

"Here, Hermione, I've got presents for you and Ron. I heard the both of you have done well for your O.W.L.s. And there's something for Ginny too. " Ron, Ginny and Hermione thanked her, surprised she had given them. Molly had given told Alexis the results of not just Harry's but Hermione's and Ron's, and Alexis had bought them gifts, including one for Ginny, as a reward for their good results and hard work. 

"Always the surprise." Remus appeared and Alexis ran to give him a hug. 

"Remus! I've missed you!" Alexis squeled as she gave her friend a hug. 

"From the look of this, it's like Snape locked her home." Ron whispered, smirking and whimpered when Hermione kicked him hard. 

Alexis took out a thick brown envelope. "Here, Moony. Here's your expenses." she said softly pushing it into his hands. "For two months. If you need more, do tell me." 

Remus frowned and pushed back the envelope. "I think not, Lexy. What would your husband think? And I think you have helped too much."

Alexis firmly snatched the envelope and stuffed it in his pocket. "Severus knows. And besides, I've made a promise to James too, that I'll help you." she said waving her hand in the air as Remus gave a thankful kiss on her cheek. She turned to Harry. "Oh, by the way, Professor Sna- Severus, sends his best wishes." 

Harry raised his eyebrow. "Tell him thanks." he mumbled. 

"He's not here?" Remus asked, his mouth twiching.

"Err no, he's not feeling too well." Alexis lied, thankful when Molly interrupted the mini reunion, saying that tea was ready. 

"You know Harry, the offer to stay with me is up." Alexis said as she passed a piece of cake to Hermione.

Harry struggled not to choke on his tea. Ron and Hermione sniggered. He loved staying with Alexis, but he could not imagine staying with Severus Snape. And he doubt Snape would want him there. He hated the idea so much he had agreed to stay at the Dudley's.

"It's alright Alex. Harry is always welcomed here."

Before Alexis could say anything, Remus interrupted them.

"There have been another couple of Dementor attacks," he announced, as Mrs Weasley passed him a large slice of birthday cake. "And they've found Igor Karkaroff's body in a shack up north. The Dark Mark had been set over it-well, frankly, I'm surprised he stayed alived for even a year after deserting the Death Eaters; Sirius's brother Regulus only managed a few days as far as I can remember." 

Alexis stuffed herself with more cake.

"Yes, well," said Mrs Weasley, frowning, "perhaps we should talk about something diff-" 

"Did you hear about Florence Fortescue, Remus?" asked Bill, who was being piled with wine by Fleur. "The man who 
ran-"

"-the ice-cream place in Diagon Alley?" she heard Harry interrupt. "What happened to him?"

"Dragged off, by the looks of his place."

Alexis choked on her cake and started coughing, her face turned white. 

"What is wrong Alex?" Fleur asked. "Is ze cake not to your liking? You look ill."

Alexis took a gulp of wine. "No, no, I'm fine." she forced a smile. "The cake is delicious. I'm just a little tired." she said quickly. 

She excused herself to the bathroom, Harry staring at Alexis strangely. Alexis hurried to the bathroom, closing the door as she heard Remus mention more missing cases. 

Turning the tap, she splashed her face with cold water. She took a deep breath.

Igor Karkaroff. Florence Fortescue.

If only they knew, she thought, if only they knew.

*********************************
"How was the party?" Severus asked, as she passed him a piece of cake. Molly was kind enough to cut her a large piece, to bring home. She had given half it to Wormtail for him to eat. 

"It was alright I guess. Until Remus started talking about the cases." Alexis said grimly as she sat beside Severus, pouring him a glass of wine. 

"I've always hated parties." Severus smirked. 

"I was just about to plan a surprise birthday party for your birthday, love." Alexis smiled cheekily as she swiped some icing of his cake and licked it off her finger.

"Don't you dare!" Severus said, putting on a mock horror face. 

Alexis just gave a grin. "Oh. There's some icing on your lips." Alexis said slowly, and before Severus could do anything, she pressed her lips against his, licking the icing off with her tongue. "Mmm. Cake."Alexis whispered huskily, smiling as she and Severus engaged in mouth wrestling. 
************************************************************************

"Morning Professor Reyson! Professor Snape." a loud voice bellowed, interrupting Alexis's and Severus's conversation.

Alexis looked up and broke into a grin. Severus mumbled something and excused himself to the public washroom. 

"Hagrid!" she said as she stood on her toes, giving him a hug. She had not seen him since Alexis's wedding. "How are you? And call me Alex for Merlin's sake!" 

"I'm doing well. Waiting for Harry and his friends in here. What about ye Prof? Snape giving you a hard time?" Hagrid asked.

Alexis raised an eyebrow. She was getting a little annoyed with those questions. Sure, Severus could be firm and a little harsh to his students, but he had never been harsh to her. 

Alexis said everything was fine and excused herself, stepping inside Madam Malkin's.

She walked in the shop to find Harry pointing his wand at Narcissa and Draco making his sarcastic comments. 

"I suggest Harry, you put your wand down, and Draco, keep your comments to yourself. I do not want to give detention before school even starts." she said flatly. 

Harry lowered his wand, still glaring. Draco was about to protest but his mother shushed him. 

"Alexis! Fancy meeting you here." Narcissa said. 

"Ah. Hello Narcissa. Draco. Buying new robes?" Alexis said, smiling. 

Narcissa nodded. Alexis waited patiently for her turn as Madam Mulkin attended to Draco, which ended in Draco storming off and Narcissa hurried after her son. 

Seeing how distracted Madam Mulkin was, Alexis helped Harry, Ron and Hermione attend to their robes, the four chatting cheerful, until Severus stepped in. Alexis was amused when the trio mumbled their greetings to Severus and hurried off. 

"Ah here are your robes." Madam Mulkin said as she passed Alexis two bags of new robes. Alexis thanked her, smiling in amusement again as Madam Mulkin gave a sigh of relief when her shop was empty again. 

"Sev, I want to see Fred and George's joke shop." Alexis said, placing her arm around Severus's as they walked out slowly. 

"Do we have to?" Severus asked, wearily. 

"Oh, come on, Sev. It'll be fun!" Alexis said. 

Severus raised an eyebrow. He finally gave in to his wife's pleading. 

The shop was full, mostly with students. Eveyone was so busy trying out the items sold by Fred and George they hardly noticed the two professors, although there were the occasional, "Professor Snape? At a joke shop? And he's arrived with Professor Reyson?" 

"Alex!" two voices called her. Alexis turned and instantly grinned. 

"Fred! George!" Alex said, grinning widely. Seeing the twins always made her happy. "Your shop's doing well I 
see!" 

"Business is doing good." Fred said. 
"And you've even brought Professor Snape." George whispered.

Alexis and the boys laughed softly as they watched Severus gingerly picked up a circular object. Cautiously playing with it, he gave a little jump, the ends of his hair stood up, but he was oblivious of it.

Placing the object back, he walked towards them, his face turning red when he passed by a mirror, quickly trying to smooth his hair. 

Alexis, Fred and George quickly pretended to be immersed in a conversation. 

"I have to say," Severus said, clearing his throat, " I am impressed with the two of you. Even if it's business selling such stuff." he said with a sniff.

"Why. Thank you Professor Snape." Fred and George said, grinning. It was practically a compliment from Severus. After a while, Alexis excused themselves, promising to drop by another visit soon.

"Hmph. A joke shope indeed. Why am I not surprised?" Severus mumbled as they made their way home. 

"Come on Sev. They are brilliant salesman. Besides, you need a sense of humor." Alexis teased. 

"I do have a sense of humor!" Severus said hotly.

Alexis stared at him blankly before she burst out laughing.