She Deserves Better.

Malfoy Manor.

A could of black smoke headed towards the Malfoy Manor, followed by a cloud of white smoke. 

Severus adjusted his robes as Alexis stood next to him. "Ready?" he asked.

Alexis looked at him and gave a nod, her heart beating faster and faster. Severus held her hand, as they walked in. He stopped her in the middle of the staircase. Alexis looked at him confused. "What's wrong dear?" 

Severus sighed and kissed her forhead. "You really are a brave woman Alex. I'm so lucky to have you." 

Alexis smiled at him, "No, I'm lucky to marry a wonderful man like you." she whispered and embraced him into a hug. 

The two reluctantly pulled away, and Severus held her hand and Alexis smiled. It was hard to imagine a man like Severus Snape could be so gentle. 

She wiped off her smile as they went into the same room she had first met Voldemort.

"My Lord, I am here." Alexis said, not letting Severus speak. 

Voldemort turned and a sly smile crept on his face as he watched the pair. Severus had a grim expression while Alexis seemed relaxed. "Ah, Severus. Alexis. Come in." 

Severus closed the door, still holding Alexis's hand tight. 

"I assume you know what the consequences are Alexis when you have the mark? And I am sure Severus has told you the other alternative? You can be like Narcissa. You don't need a mark, since I know your loyalties, Alexis. Severus had guided you well. And you had done your tasks well."

Alexis nodded. "Yes my Lord. Severus has told me. But I would like my mark. I would like to be more actively involved much more than Narcissa, my Lord."

Voldemort turned to Severus. "And what say you Severus?"

Severus looked at Alexis and back to Severus. "I support my wife, whatever decision she may choose, although I'm not to keen on her getting the mark-" 

"You mean you rather not Alexis be one of us?" Voldemort asked, his voice low and dangerous.

"No my Lord." Alexis said quickly. "What my husband means, is he rather I'd be like Narcissa. He is concerned I'm too weak to handle the pain, he tends to underestimate my strength." 

Voldemort looked at the two of them and finally nodded. "Ah, I see. I am sorry if I sounded doubtful of you, Severus. You do not have to worry. I am sure Alexis is strong enough, and I am sure you would take care of her?"

Alexis smirked softly, hearing Voldemort apologise to Severus. 

Severus nodded firmly. "Of course My Lord. I would in my every capable ability take care of my wife." 

Voldemort took out his wand. "I was curious, Alexis. What made you agree to become my servent?" 

Alexis stared into Voldemort's cold eyes. "Is that even a question, my lord? To not agree with your views and not follow your leadership, only a fool would do that." she smirked. 

Voldemort seemed pleased with Alexis's answer. "Very well. Your left hand, Alexis?" 

Alexis let out her left hand and pulled up the sleeve, exposing her fair skin. 

Voldemort pointed his wand at her arm and Alexis felt her heart beating faster and faster. She saw his mouth moved, and in a matter of seconds, a sharp pain shot through her whole body. She closed her eyes, trying her hard not to scream as she felt her legs almost give way. She felt Severus holding her as she let out a soft painful moan.  

She opened her eyes again, trying to regain her posture. Her eyes fell on her arm, where there was still a stinging pain. An ugly mark was on her arm. 

"You are much stronger than I expected, Alexis." Voldemort said, as he passed her a goblet for her to drink. "We shall meet the others, and after that you may bring her home to rest, Severus.

Alexis gathered all of her strength and went down with the two men. They went inside a large room were there was a long table, and the seats were taken by fellow death eaters. 

"We are joined here today, by a new member, Alexis Snape, the beautiful wife of my trusted follower, Severus." 

There were mumbles and after a while, claps to welcome here, and Alexis gave a small smile. Bellatrix looked like she was going to kill Alexis, making her smirk. Draco, upon hearing her name, looked up and had a shock look on his face. He stared at her, not knowing which surprised him more, the fact that she was a death eater or she was married to Professor Snape. 

"You may bring her home, Severus." 

With much effort, Severus brought the exhausted Alexis home. He carried her, and gently placing her on the bed. He made Wormtail make a mug of tea.

Passing it to her, Severus made her take a sip. "It's going to hurt for a few days." he said, referring to the throbbing pain on her arm, as he kissed her cheek. He was clearly annoyed Voldemort had called upon her the day before school started. She moaned in acknowledgement and closed her eyes.

He helped Alexis out of her clothes and into a nightdress, seeing she was still in pain and tucked her in bed. He placed a warm, damp towel on her head, stroking her hair, as she fell asleep.