She Deserves Better.

The order.

Harry Potter walked towards the kitchen, trailing behind Nymphadora Tonks, a strange feeling overwhelming him. 

"That's why we have to act now!" Sirius Black's voice was firm. 

Harry eagerly looked inside. He saw his godfather look back at him, a tired looking Remus Lupin next to him. 

Alexis exchanged looks with Molly Weasley. The petite plum red-haired lady quickly got on her feet, stepping out to greet Harry, closing the door behind her. 

"Alright," Alexis said loudly, trying to get their attention of the members of the Order of The Phoenix again. "Since everyone is here. Let's get back to the meeting. Now, about Harry."

"I still think he's too young." Molly said.

"If anyone's got a right to know it’s Harry. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't even know Voldemort was back! He's not a child, Molly." Sirius said.

"He’s not an adult either! He's not James, Sirius." Molly protested.

"And he's not your son!" 

"He's as good as. Besides, who else has he got?"

"He got me! And Alexis!" Sirius pointed out. 

Alexis licked her lips, looking at Severus. 

"Dumbledore thinks he's too young to know now. No good in telling the boy now." Severus said.

Alexis bit her lip. "Harry's my godson as much as he is yours, Sirius. As much as I agree he deserves to know, it's not the right time. I know you care about him, Sirius. I do too but-"

"If you did care, you would have tried hard to let them raise him." Sirius muttered. 

Alexis stared at Sirius, dumbfounded. 

"Alex, I didn't-" Sirius said quickly, realising what he had said. 

Alexis stood up. "Is that what you think? You have no idea how hard I tried to get custody of Harry. How would you know? You were stuck at Azkaban!" she said 

"Alex." Tonks tried to calm her down.

"Well, maybe you didn't try hard enough!" Sirius snapped. 

"I didn't try hard enough? What do you think I was doing at Hogwarts? I took the job so I could look after Harry you git!" Alexis screamed.

The whole room went silent, and Sirius was speechless. Alexis had never screamed at him before. Even when they were young. She was the most patient person he knew.

Alexis took a breath. "I'm going to take a look at the children." she muttered as she slammed the door behind her. 

Alexis took a few steps before she looked up. Harry and the others were gathered upstairs near the staircase, trying to eavesdrop, no doubt. 

She forced a smile. "Go to your rooms." she instructed them. 

She walked out of the house for a breather. As she sat on the steps, burying her head into her hands, she let a sob out. Sirius had made her sound like she did not care, when he knew she did. Her thoughts drifted of to Lily and James. She missed them so much. 

<i> Alexis grabbed her luggage and started stufing her clothes into it. There was no reason for her to stay there anymore. Her dearest cousin James was dead, and Lily, who was practically like her sister. And so was Peter. 

Sirius. She knew he could not be the one. She had begged them to give him a trial but her pleas were pushed away.

Remus had no power to convince her to stay.  Alexis had invited him along, but he refused. She left with a promise she'll help him financially with whatever she could.

And because she stood by the fact that Sirius was innocent, they thought she was not mentally stable to take care of Harry. 

She let out a laugh. Mentally stable? At this time, no one was stable. </i>

"Alex?" a voice startled her. 

Alexis turned to see Sirius. He ran his hand through his black hair, his grey eyes looked uneasy as he sat next to her.

"Alex. I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. I just.. I'm stupid I know. I.."

Alexis laughed as she watched him struggle to find the right words to speak. She placed her arms around him and engulfed him in a hug. 

"It's alright Padfoot. You know I can't stay angry at you for long." Alexis said as she leaned her head on his shoulder. 

Sirius grinned. "So you forgive me?" 

Alexis looked at him. "Umm, yes. I thought I just said I did?" 

Sirius shooked his head. "No, not that." 

"Then?" 

"Remember, our fifth year?" 

Alexis nodded. "What about it?" 

"I was the one who put that potion in your shampoo that made your hair pink." Sirius said sheepishly. 

Alexis eyes grew wide. "SIRIUS BLACK!" Alexis got on her feet and chased Sirius back into the home, laughing.