She Deserves Better.

Alexis's mark.

Harry grimly walked next to Severus. His eyes were on Alexis who had sent Malfoy inside. 

"Fifty points from Gryffindor for lateness, I think," said Severus. He proceeded to take another twenty points as Harry was still in muggle clothing. 

He kept quiet as Severus continued taunting him. Harry felt anger boiling in him. He was only taunting Harry because they were alone, and Alexis was not there, still angry at Harry for showing his dislike of Severus marrying Alexis.

 Nearing the castle they heard footsteps and saw a figure approaching them. 

"Goodness, Harry.  What happened?" Alexis asked as she pulled Harry away from Severus. Harry had never been so pleased to see her. He saw Severus's expression change and Harry smirked silently, glad it was dark and Alexis could not see his smirk. 

Nearing the steps, Alexis gasped. "What happened to your face? There's blood! And where's your robes?" 

Harry was silent, refusing to tell her what Draco did to him, since Severus was around. Using her wand, she muttered a spell, clearing the dry blood as they stepped in the great hall.

"I've saved some food for you. It's with Hermione." she said, as Severus went up to the staff table. She watched as he came back with Harry's bag. Harry cursed silently. Severus had his bag all along. 

Alexis made Harry put on his robes over his clothes and sent him back to the Gryffindor table. "See me tomorrow morning." she whispered in his ear. 

Harry made his way back to the table, where a worried Hermione and hungry Ron waited for him. He mumbled some answers as his eyes gazed to the staff table. Hagrid was waving to him. Harry laughed and waved back, Minevra McGonagall not looking pleased at the greeting.

Hungrily eating the meal Alexis had saved for him, his eyes gazed to Professor Snape who was sitting in between Alexis and Professor Slughorn. His eyes stopped on Alexis. He noticed for the first time that night, she looked somehow different. Her hair seemed darker, and her eyes, colder than before. Even her skin looked paler. Her curled hair was now straight and let down, her fringe covering half of her face. She looked exhausted and ill, and her expression was grim. It was not like Alexis at all. Harry watched as Severus leaned next to her, muttering something. Alexis gave him a nod and a weak smile as she swept her hair into a ponytail. Her eyes kept gazing at the Slytherin table, particularly at Draco. His eyes met contact with Alexis's and she gave him another weak smile. 

She looked away as she seemed to wince in pain. A concerned Severus Snape passed her a goblet which she drank from quickly. 

"Merlin. Alexis looked like she got off the wrong side of bed." Ron said through mouthful of pudding. 

"Did she say anything to you?" Hermione asked.

Harry was about to reply when Dumbledore stood in front of the staff table, ready to give his welcome speech and everyone went silent. 

"Very best of evening to you all." Dumbledore said, smiling widely. There was a murmer as eveyone eyed Dumbledore's hand, which looked burned and blackened. He gave his usual speech, welcoming the first years and such. 

"Now," he continued, his eyes swept across the hall. "Let me introduce, the newest member of our staff, Professor Horace Slughorn. He will resume his old post as the Potions Master."

There were loud mutterings among the students, wondering if they had heard correctly. Horace Slughorn stood up an gave a wave.

"Meanwhile," Dumbledore raised his voice over the mutterings. "The position of Defence Against the Dark Arts will be taken over by Professor Snape." 

There was another loud buzz of conversation, now that Severus had got his heart's desire. 

Alexis smiled and clapped as Severus did not stand, merely raising his hand in acknowledgement at applause from the Slytherin table. 

"I have another news to announce," Dumbledore said, as he glanced at Alexis, who seemed much more perked up and Severus who nodded at Dumbledore.

"Recently, I had the honor of being the wizard to wed two souls. Professor Severus Snape, has wed our Magical Healings Professor, Professor Reyson over the break. I would like all of you  to join me in wishing them all the best in their blissful marriage."

There was another loud chatter and surprised applause as Alexis smiled at Severus. It was surprising to some, and not so for students like Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny. Draco smirked as he remembered Alexis at his house. 

Dumbledore's voice went low and serious, as he stared his speech. There was a deathly silence in the hall as Dumbledore started his talking about Lord Voldemort. 

Alexis licked her lips as she grimly listened. She closed her eyes and bit her lips as another pain shot through her body, and she could feel a sharp and hot sensation in her lungs. She grabbed hold of Severus's hand and squeezed it tightly. Her face went pale and her lips lost colour. "Severus." she whispered.

Severus turned to his wife. "Goodness." he muttered. He grabbed her hand and the two left the table quietly. 

Severus brought the weak Alexis to their room. He put her on their bed. He rushed to the potions room and made a potion quickly. Filling the green coloured potion into a goblet, he rushed back to their room. 

He helped Alexis up and tipped the goblet into her mouth. Colour rushed back to her face as she drained down last of the potion. 

"How are you feeling?" Severus asked. 

"Better." Alexis said, "But that potion tasted crap." she made a face. 

Severus stared at her, and allowed himself a laugh. He kissed her cheek and helped her into her nightdress. "The pain will come and go for probably one or two more days. Mine lasted, three." he said, grimly as he held her arm where the mark was. "Until then, you will have to drink the potion I just made you until the pain stops completely." 

Alexis made another face as she recalled the aweful taste of the potion. She watched as Severus left the bed. 

"Sev, where are you going?" she asked suddenly.

Severus turned. "I'm going to the bathroom." 

Alexis gave a nod as she yawned, suddenly exhausted. She closed her eyes. And a few minutes later, she woke up when she felt pressure at the other side of the bed. She turned and opened one eye. The room was dark but she could see Severus. She closed her eye again and snuggled next to him, as she fell asleep.