She Deserves Better.

Quidditch.

Severus, using his wand, gingerly casted a lifting spell, inspecting the cursed necklace. 

A few minutes later, Alexis marched in, her dark red robes swirled around her ankle, cheeks as red as her robe and she stood next to her husband.

"How is she?" Minevra McGonagall asked Alexis.

"She's fine, thank goodness." Alexis said, not keeping her eyes off the necklace.

"What do you think, Sev?" Alexis asked, her voice husky. 

"I think, Miss Bell is lucky to be alive." Severus said his voice, soft. 

"She was cursed wasn't she?" Harry spoke out. "I know Katie, off the quidditch field, she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was delivering that to Professor Dumbledore, she wasn't doing it knowingly. 

"Yes, she was cursed." McGonagall said as she watched Severus placed the necklace down carefully. 

"It was Malfoy." Harry said staring at the three professors.

"That is a very serious accusation Potter." McGonagall said as she turned to face him. 

"Indeed." Severus said. "Your evidence?" 

"I just know it." Harry replied, staring back at Severus.

"You just.. know." Severus repeated, his voice was low. He stepped forward. "Aren't you getting astonished with your gifts, Potter? Gifts mere mortals can only dream of posessing. How grand it must be to be the chosen one."

Seeing the unhappy look on Harry and umcomfortable looks on Hermione and Ron, Alexis grabbed Severus's hand. "Sev." she said softly.

Alexis cleared her throat. "Maybe all of you should go back to your dorms." she said as she pushed Harry and Ron out and Hermione followed behind.

The three professors watched as the trio leave. 

"Potter seems confident of his accusation!" McGonagall said as she shook her head in disbelief. 

Alexis and Severus exchanged looks. "We'll investigate." Alexis said, as she stared at the necklace, resisting the urge to touch it.
*********************************
"There might be some truth to what Harry said!" Alexis said that night as she and Severus made their way back to their room after dinner. 

"Even if he's right, there's no proof that Malfoy did it!" Severus said, raising his voice. "We're not going to rely on Potter's so called senses just because he so called the chosen one." 

"This is not about Harry!" Alexis said as she quicken her steps to catch up with Severus. "It's about Draco. What are we going to do about him?" 

Severus stopped in front of the door, looked at her and entered without saying a word. 

"Severus!" Alexis closed the door behind her. 

"He has his own plans." Severus said simply as Alexis helped him out of his robe. 

"Severus! Don't you remember our promise to Narcissa? The unbreakable vow?" her voice dropped into a whisper. 

Severus stared at her for a while before he placed both hands on her shoulders. "Alexis. I need you to relax. We'll get by through this alright?" 

Alexis looked at him before nodding as Severus gave her a hug. 

He pulled her and gently took her arm and pulled the sleeve rubbing his hand around the dark mark. "It doesn't hurt?" 

Alexis smiled and shook her head. "No, thankfully."
*********************************
"Come on Harry! We've got a game to win!" Ron grinned, feeling confident suddenly.

"Ron! Harry!" Alexis walked towards them, Severus trailing behind. "All the best!" 

Ron turned and grinned at Alexis. Alexis was feeling much cheerful that day, and she adjusted her red and gold Gryffindor scarf that she was wearing.

"Oh hello Hermione. Luna!" she smiled amusingly at Luna Lovegood who was wearing a lion shaped hat. 

"Hmm. Yes. Good luck Weasley, Potter." Severus said in a less-than amused voice. "I'm sure you'll do well, even if it's against Slytherin." 

Alexis laughed. "I'm sure Ron and Harry would try their very best to be gentle to the fellow Slytherins." Alexis said, smirking as she adjusted his green and silver Slytherin scarf, a sly smile creeping on her face.

Ron and Harry sniggered softly and Severus raised his eyebrow, his lips twitching. "Alright boys, I'm expecting the best from you." she leaned forward to them. "Kick some Slytherin butt! She whispered, grinning.

"I heard that!" Severus said, smirking. Alexis laughed as she linked her arm around Severus and gave the group of friends a wink as she went to the staff table for breakfast, oblivious to the curious stares of the students watching them.
*********************************
"Come on Gryffindor!" Alexis cheered loudly as everyone watched the Quidditch match between Gryffindor and Slytherin. 

Severus smirked as he watched Alexis cheer. 

"What are you smirking at huh?" Alexis narrowed her eyes at him, making Severus smirk louder. 

"I forgot I married a Quidditch maniac."Severus teased her. 

"Hey. I was good at quidditch alright? Besides, qudditch maniac or not, you still love me." Alexis said as she cuddled next to him, to make herself warmer. 

"Yes, unfortunately." Severus teased again as he placed his hands on her lap.

Although the commentator, Zacharis Smith, was disliked for his comments, (Alexis made a mental note to deduct points from Hufflepuff) the match went well for Gryffindor, they kept scoring goals and Ron played well, saving every goal. 

Alexis let out a laugh as she saw Severus's less than happy face when Slytherin finally lost the match. 

"Oh come on dear, it's just a game. Let's go!" Alexis pulled him up as the crowd began to leave. "I could do with some warm butterbeer!"