She Deserves Better.

Christmas at the Burrow.

"Harry's in the living room." Molly Weasley said as she let Alexis in. "Severus is not here? Dinner is almost ready."

"Err. No. He's gone to another gathering. I'm going to join him soon, actually. I just came here to drop by for a while." Alexis smiled. She balanced a few bags of gifts she had on her hands. She was determined to set things right with Harry that Christmas  night.

Molly excused herself to the kitchen. Passing George, Fred, Ron and Ginny their Christmas gifts, Alexis made her way to the sitting room.

"So Voldemort has chosen Draco Malfoy for a mission?" she recgonised the voice as Remus's. She stopped and saw Harry, Remus, Tonks and Arthur. Her grin faded away.

"I know it sounds bad." Harry said.

"Has it occured to you Harry that Snape and Alex were only pretending to offer Draco help so they could find out what he was after?" 

"That was not what it sounded like. Besides. I've asked Alex. She won't tell me anything." 

"Maybe Harry's right Remus. To make an unbreakble vow.." Alexis felt her heart sank as she heard Tonks spoke.

"It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgement. Dumbledore trusts Snape, therefore, I do. And I know Alex, Harry. Well. It might be she can't tell you anything because she doesn't know anything."

"Dumbledore can make mistakes, he said so himself!" Harry retorted.

"You are blinded by hatred!" Remus was almost shouting at Harry.

"No I'm not!" 

"Yes you are! People are disappearing, Harry. We can only place our trust on a handful of people. And you know you can trust Alex." 

"But she married Snape! If you don't remember, he "accidentally" let it out that you're a werewolf so you had to leave!" Harry said angrily.

Remus shrugged. "The news would have leaked out anyway. And we all knew he wanted my job, but I must be thankful that he never tampered with my wolfbane potion."

"Maybe he couldn't because Dumbledore was watching him!" 

"Now Harry, you are determined to hate him. With James as your father and Sirius as your godfather, you have inherited an old prejudice. Especially now that your godmother has married their old "enemy." 

"She's your godmother, Harry!" Arthur was surprised at Harry's anger towards Alexis.

"She knows how much I hate him Lupin!" Harry said. 

Alexis decided that she heard enough and she stepped in the sitting room. 

"Alexis!" Arthur said and Harry, Remus and Tonks looked surprised.

"Alex- I." Harry started saying. 

"Happy Christmas Harry." Alexis said, her voice dripping with sarcasm, chucking the bag of gifts in his arms. She said a quick hello to Tonks and Arthur and left the sitting room. 

She heard Molly's voice from the kitchen asking her to stay for dinner, but Alexis refused. "It's alright Molly, I have to go!" 

Alexis opened the door, but felt a grip on her shoulder.

"Alex!" Remus stopped her.

Alex turned and gave him a small smile. "Hello, Moony." 

Remus sighed. "Look, you've got to forgive Harry. You know how stubborn he can be."

"But he has no right to say those things Remus!" Alexis stared at him. "He's my godson and I love him, but Severus is my husband for goodness sake!"

Without another word, Alexis said goodbye to Remus and walked away. She felt her an urge to turn back, an uneasiness in her heart, but she left for the Malfoy Manor.
*********************************
"May I help you Madam?" a tall man dressed in white approached her as she reached the enterence of the manor. 

"Err, yes. My name is Alexis Snape and I've been invited by Narcissa Malfoy? And my husband is in here, Severus Snape." 

The man fished out his wand and pointed it to an empty piece of paper. She saw small white sparks and black ink started emerging on the paper. After a few seconds, her name appeared on the paper.

"Ah, yes. Mrs Snape. Please, enter. It's at the second level. You may use that stairs." 

Alexis thanked him and made her way to large hall in the manor. There were many people, mostly she recognised as businessmen and people from the ministry. All of them were dressed in expensive attire and Alexis felt a little out of place. 

"May I take your coat Madam?" a voice startled her. Alexis mumbled a word of thanks as she took of her coat, her eyes scanned around for her husband.

She let out a sigh of relief when she saw Severus. 

"I thought you were not coming. What happened to Christmas with your godson?"Severus said as he approached her. 

"I thought so too." Alexis mumbled as she adjusted her black dress, leaving out the question of Harry. She felt restless, the uneasiness she felt since she left The Burrows was not gone, instead, growing stronger. She grabbed a small cup of firewhisky from a tray a waiter was holding and gulped it down. It worked and she relaxed. 

The party, unlike Slughorn's which was lively, was dull. Everyone was in a conversation that was dull as the party.

"Severus!" a low voice called Severus's name. A tall, blonde man approached them. 

"Ah, Yexley." Severus said, as he shook Yexley's hand. Alexis recognised him as one of those present when Voldemort introduced her to the death eaters.

"This is my wife, Alexis." Severus introduced her, placing his hands around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"Ah. Pleasure to meet you, Mrs Snape. Severus has found him a beautiful wife." Yexley said slowly, smiling as he took Alexis's hand and pressed his lips on it. 

Alexis shifted her body, uncomfortable by Yexley's gesture. "You're too kind." Alexis said, as she attempted to give him a smile, pulling her hand away. 

Yexley had a polite chat with Severus before he excused himself, his wandering eyes fell on a lady who looked younger than Alexis and was alone. 

"Thank goodness. I thought he was not going to leave." Alexis muttered as she grabbed two small sandwiches from another tray. She took a bite from one and fed Severus the other one. 

"Why are you always eating?" Severus teased her, his fingers gently playing on her waist.

"I can't help it if Lucius serves the best food." she grinned. 

Before Severus coukd reply, there was grumble behind them.

"I don't understand why I have to attend, mother! This party is bloody boring." Draco whined as Narcissa pushed him slightly. 

"Draco! Behave yourself!" Lucius hissed as he used his cane to hit Draco lightly.

"Hello, Narcissa, Lucius. Hello Draco." Alexis said, smiling as the Malfoys approached them.

"Ah, Alexis, Severus. Thank you for coming." Narcissa said. 

"I don't know why anyone would bother." Draco muttered under his breath. 

"Draco!" Lucius seemed to lost his patience. Alexis saw Luicus lift his cane up and Alexis's maternal instincts kicked in, pulling Draco towards her. "Draco, why don't you follow me for a walk?" Alexis asked, smiling at Draco. 

Draco looked like he might reject, but he nodded instead. Alexis nodded at Severus who quickly started conversation with Lucius and Narcissa.

"So Draco, how are you?" Alexis said as they walked down the empty, quiet path at the garden, the moonlight and some dim lights from tall street-like lamps guided their way. 

"How are you and Professor Snape?" Draco said mockingly.

Alexis smirked. "Oh, we're fine. Better than fine, actually. But it's you, I'm worried about."

Draco smirked. "Why do you care?" 

"Because you're my student Draco. I saw the way your father treats you-"

"My father treats me well!" Draco said quickly. 

"I don't doubt you Draco, but I think after the Dark Lord's mission for you, he's been a little, shall we say, restless?" Alexis said, looking at him. 

"There is nothing for him to be restless about. I have a plan." 

Akexis stared at him, concentrating and then Draco jumped back a little bit, and a her lips curved into a small smile.

"Ah. Aunt Bellatrix has taught you Occlumency, I see." Alexis said softly. 

"I don't need you or your husband to butt in, Professor!" 

"We're just trying to help! We've made an unbreakable vow-"

"I don't need help! I've already been through this with Professor Snape!" Draco snapped. 

"Draco," Alexis's voice was low, as she looked at him straight in the eyes. "You do know the consequences if you fail." She saw a look of fear on his face for a second. "Now, did you or did you not have anything to do with the incident involving Miss Bell?" she and Draco sat on a bench.

Draco's body stiffened. "For the last time, no! I did not do anything to her."

"Look, it may seem like I'm being such a busybody. But I am here to help you! I know you are afraid." 

Draco looked in her eyes. "I'm not a child. I know what I have to do." he stood up and walked a few steps before he turned back his head and looked at Alexis. A look like he wanted to say something but hesitated and walked away. 
********************************
 "He's just too stubborn to tell us! He might harm another person, Sev." Alexis said, frustrated as she discussed about Draco with Severus. "But I know he's afraid. And the way he gets treated by Lucius isn't doing him any better.

"The way he gets treated by Lucius?" Severus repeated as Alexis took his hand. 

"He can be so abusive at times! And he's making Draco more afraid then ever!" 

Severus nodded in agreement. "He's offering Draco as a bait since he was in jail." He looked at Alexis. "Since when were you so protective, Alex?" 

Alexis bit her lip. "Maternal instincts I guess, I just can bear to see children get hurt." 

"Draco's sixteen. He's barely a child anymore. Are you sure it's maternal instincts?" 

Alexis narrowed her eyes. "Are you jealous?" she teased. "Afraid I'll run off with a younger guy?"

Severus smirked. "Don't you dare. You're mine." she whispered in her ear as he leaned forward for a kiss. Alexis felt her heart leapt when he said that. 

Alexis smiled as he pulled away. "Sev," she said, almost breathless after the kiss.

"Mmm?" he asked, as he opened the door of their home. 

"Do you want children?" Alexis asked quickly. 

"What?"

"You know, children." 

"I face 200 everyday. I think that's enough." he answered cheekily. 

"Oh Sev! Come on. I want to see little Severuses running around!" Alexis was getting excited. "They would be so cute!" she squealed. 

Severus raised his eyebrow as he removed his robe and hanged it in the wardrobe. "That would be exciting indeed." he answered dryly. "All the crying noises and all they do is eat and poop. Very cute indeed."

Alexis laughed. "Aww Sev. Don't be such a spoiler." she said as she placed her arms around him. "You once made noises and all you did were eat and poop." 

"Ah. That was the time of my life." Severus said, the corner of his lips twitching. 

Alexis started bursting into laughter as   she sat in front of the dressing table to brush her hair. 

"But it would be nice to have, what do they call it, little bundle of joys." Severus said as he placed his arms around her and teased her neck with his lips. 

"Mmm." Alexis closed her eyes as she felt his lips on her neck. She opened them again. "Really Sev?" 

Severus nodded. "I'm not getting any younger." Alexis said as Severus lifted her off the chair. 

 "It's not too late. But of course, you do know how babies are made." he said, grinning slyly as he carried her to their bed.

It only took a moment for her giggle to turn into a gasp.
********************************
Alexis yawned and stretched slightly as she opened her eyes. A ray of light entered their room through the small opening of their curtains. 

She felt a weight around her and realised it was Severus's arm around her. Pulling the covers over their clothes-less bodies, she smiled as she snuggled next to him, gently playing with his hair. He looked so peaceful looking when he slept. She rested her head over his rapidly rising and falling chest, careful not to wake him up, and closed her eyes.

She sighed as she thought of Harry. She wanted to tell Harry so bad, but she knew it was best not too. She knew, what she was doing with Severus was to protect him ultimately in the end. She knew Severus had not exactly been "nice" to him, but she knew how Severus really was. How much Severus was sacrificing himself in this risky double spy business. 

After a moment, when she almost dozed off again, she felt a chill down her spine as she felt her back being rubbed. She opened her eyes and smiled. 

"Good morning darling." Alexis said, kissing the half awake Severus, and covered her mouth as she yawned.

"Good morning love." Severus replied, giving her a sleepy smile. "I tired you out last night didn't I?" 

Alexis laughed. "You don't see me complaining." she said. "Come on, get up!" 

Severus did not move but grabbed Alexis. "Come on. It's the day after Christmas. What's the rush? Let's just stay in bed." he said, his voice husky. 

"Mmm. Sounds like a plan, professor." Alexis said as Severus pushed her back and he gently pushed himself on her, reaching for another kiss. 

As their lips moved fluidly, Alexis felt his hands moving down her body and she shivered at his touch. She pulled him closer to her, running her hand through his hair as their kiss deepened, letting out a soft moan. 

Severus gently placed his weight on her, his lips trailing down her neck...

Then there was a tap and noises outside the window. 

Severus sighed as he laid on his back as Alexis hurried to put on her night robe and pulled the curtain slightly and opened the window. There, was a beautiful white owl she recognised as Hedwig, Harry's owl.  

"Hello, Hedwig. And how are you today?" Alexis said softly to Hedwig as she untied the string at her leg where there was an envelope. She gave Hedwig an affectionate stroke before letting her fly away. 

"What was it?" Severus asked as she drew the curtains together again. 

"It's from Harry. I thought.." 

"Thought what?" 

Alexis shook her head and sat on the bed. "Nothing." she said quietly as she opened the envelope which contained a letter. 

Severus leaned forward trying to read the letter over her shoulder. Alexis froze.

"Severus." Alexis gasped, and turned to her husband. "The Burrows. Two death eaters burned The Burrow last night!" she stared at the letter horridly, her face turning pale. 
*********************************
Alexis gasped as she rushed to the bunt Burrow. Rushing to the door with Severus behind her, she stopped and saw the Weasleys together with Harry, Hermione, Remus and Tonks trying to fix the place. 

"Alex!" Harry saw her and rushed towards her, ignoring Severus who was behind her. 

"Harry! Thank goodness you're alright!" she pulled him into a hug. "What happened?" 

Harry told Alex how Bellatrix and Fenrir Greyback came and they burned down the place. Alexis frowned as she exchanged glances with Severus who looked similarly horrified. 

"Alex! Severus!" an exhausted Molly approached them. 

"Molly! Why don't you take a rest, Severus and I will help in the fixing now." Alexis said and Severus nodded.
The grateful Molly thanked the two and went to take a rest after fixing the kitchen the whole night.

After a few long hours, they finally fixed The Burrow, with their wands. Although some things could not be fixed, they had the home back.

Everyone was exhausted but relieved. Molly had managed to prepare some food for them. Remus was glad to see Alexis reconcile with Harry, after the fight, and both of them were laughing and talking about quidditch. Even Severus was polite enough to have a small conversation with him. 

"Alright, Severus and I have to go. We'll see you children at Hogwarts!" Alexis said as she looked at the clock on the wall. It was almost 6 pm and she and Severus were suppose to be at Hogwarts 2 hours ago, it was usual that they went back to Hogwarts before the term starts to settle school stuff. 

Alexis and Severus said their goodbyes and rushed back home to get their things before leaving for Hogwarts.