She Deserves Better.

Won-Won.

"I gave him a soothing potion." Alexis said. "He should be awake in a few hours." Alexis said as she made her way back to the hospital wing with Severus, Minevra McGonagall, Dumbledore and Slughorn from Dumbledore's office.

"Was it bad?" Minevra asked as they approached the ward.

Alexis nodded grimly. "Yes. It could be much worse if Harry didn't use the bezoar. Could be fatal."

When they reached there, Hermione, Ron and Ginny where there. 

Dumbledore took a step forward and took a look at Ron. Alexis went next to the still asleep Ron and dampened a towel that she had placed on his head. 

"Quick thinking on your part Harry, using the bezoar." Dumbledore said. "Must be very proud of your student, Horace."

"Hmm? Yes very proud." Slughorn said, looking a little distracted. 

"I think we agree. Potter's action were heroic. The question is why were they necessary?" Minevra said. 

"Why indeed." Dumbledore said. He took the bottle Slughorn was holding. "This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't remember who gave you this bottle?" He took a sniff of the contents. "By the way, posesses subtle hints of licquorice and sherry, but not polluted with poison."

Alexis exchanged a look with Severus, who took the bottle from Dumbledore. Both of them took a sniff. A stong licquorice smell filled their nostrils. 

"Actually, I had intended to give as a gift myself." Slughorn said.

Before Alexis had a chance to say anything, there were loud footsteps and Lavender Brown, burst into the ward. 

"Where is he? Where's my Won-Won?"

Alexis raised an eyebrow. "Won-Won?" she whispered to Severus. Severus just smirked trying not to change his expression, as everyone watched Lavender and Hermione's argument.

Then, Ron made a sound.

"Ha. See? He sense my presence. Don't worry Won-Won. I'm here. I'm here."

Alexis let out a snort. 

"Her..my..nee. Hermione. Hermione."

Alexis smiled as she sighed and linked her arm around Severus's. Lavender ran out crying and Hermione blushed and held Ron's hand. 

"Oh, to be young and to feel love's keen sting." Dumbledore said and Alexis silently giggled. 

"Oh, come on everybody, Mr Weasley is well tended."

Alexis gave Hermione a wink and trailed behind the three professors.

"I have to thank you Alexis. For helping Madam Pomfrey at the wards. You've done wonders treating students." Dumbledore said. 

"Yes, we know it must be very exhausting." Minevra said. 

Alexis beamed with delight. "It's no problem at all!" she said, grinning.

"Now, I'm sure you and Severus have not had breakfast. Maybe the two of you would like me to get the house elves to whip you both something?" 

Alexis nodded. She was hungry. "If that's not too much trouble at all."
*********************************
"I wonder why there would be poision in it." Alexis said as she speared her sausage with her fork, a thoughtful look on her face. She was with Severus at the Great Hall, which were empty except for them two, and they were sat opposite each other at the Gryffindor table. 

"I really doubt it would be Slughorn. Potter said something like they were about to drink it too." 

For a moment the two ate in silence, thinking of the possibilities.

"Could it be Draco?" Alexis said through mouthful of eggs and sausage.

"We can't make such quick accusation, but it could be a possibility. But then the question would be then, how did he do it?" Severus said. 

Alexis had a thoughtful look on her face as she poured more juice into Severus's goblet and piled their plates with more eggs and sausages. 

"I have no idea." Alexis admitted. "Poor Ron, being poisoned on his birthday. Do you think we should ask Draco?"

"Maybe. But not now." Severus took a sip of juice. "And that's what? Your sixth plate?" he teased her.

Alexis rolled her eyes. "I've been eating a lot these two months." she confessed. "It's wierd. I get all these strange cravings."

"Are you? You know eating for two?" Severus lowered his voice as he leaned forward.

Alexis widened her eyes a little. "I don't know." she frowned. "I don't think so. I'll have to go for a check up. Anyway, what are you going to do today?"

Severus shrugged. "Maybe we can stay in bed." he gave a small grin. 

Alexis put down her fork and gave a peck on his lips. "That sounds like a good idea professor." she said slowly, smiling.