She Deserves Better.

Sectumsempra

"Using the wand, as you cast the healing spell, just move your hand in a downwards motion." Alexis explained to the class as she demonstrated, holding her wand as she moved her hand in the instructed motion. "It should heal in a few minutes, depending on the damaged done. Now, since we are dealing with the dark arts, remember that if we don't treat it soon, it can cause permenent damgage or even be fatal. Now, for your assignment, I want you to write an essay on one- Yes Harry?" 

Harry put down his hand. "I know this is not exactly the Defence Against the Dark Art's class, but I was wondering professor, have you heard of the Sectumsempra spell?"

Alexis froze a little. Before she could say anything, the class was over and some students were rushing to submit their overdued homework. When Alexis looked up, Harry had already left.
********************************
"Hmm. That would be all Mr Finnigan." Alexis said as she took Seamus Finnigan's dued Magical Healings homework during lunch, her eyes scanned the paper quickly.

At the other end of the table, she saw Harry talking to Katie. She knew he was probably asking her who had cursed her. He had the Marauder's Map in his hand. A few seconds later, Draco came in, looking nervous when he saw Harry with Katie. 

"Professor Reyson?" she heard a student call her from the next table. "Could you help me with this question?" 

Alexis turned and quickly explained the question to her before telling her she would go through the chapter again the next class. She turned back and found both Harry and Draco gone. 

She quickly left, the corridor was empty and she could not find Harry or Draco anywhere. She decided to go back to the Great Hall for lunch. 

"Alex!" she heard Severus call her from behind. "You were suppose to meet me at my office." he said as he gave her a kiss on her cheek.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Sev! It's just that-"

"MURDER! MURDER IN THE BATHROOM! MURDER!" the screams of Moaning Myrtle silenced her. 

Severus and Alexis rushed to where the scream was, the boys bathroom. Severus banged the door open. To Alexis's horror, the floor was flooded with water and in lying in the middle of the floor was Draco, who had blood all over his face and chest. He was shaking and started sobbing in his own pool of blood.  A terrified Harry stood next to Draco, his wand gripped in his hand. 

Severus was about to say something but Alexis who was already at Draco's side called him. "Sev! The boy!" 

Severus rushed to Draco's other side. Taking his wand, he traced it over the deep wounds, muttering a song like an incantation. 

"Vulnera Sanentur." Severus repeated. The blood flow seemed to ease and at a second time the wounds seemed to be knitting. Alexis held Draco's hand, comforting him as she softly cooed in his ear, occasionally stroking his blonde hair. "It's alright. You'll be alright." she whispered in Draco's ear. Draco seemed to calm down as he heard Alexis.

"Bring him to Pomfrey. Tell her to give him Dittany." Alexis said to Severus as he supported Draco. "I'll be there soon." 

Harry and Alexis watched Severus leave the bathroom and Alexis turned to him.

She grabbed his collar and slammed the still shaken and horrified Harry against the wall. "What were you thinking Harry! You could have killed him do you know that?" Alexis hissed. 

"Shut up and get out!" Alexis screamed at the wailing Moaning Myrtle who immediately left when Alexis shouted at her. She told Harry to stay and rushed to the hopsital wing without waiting for an answer from Harry.

When Alexis reached the ward, Madam Pomfrey had already given Draco the Ditanny and he was asleep. 

"Thank goodness he's alright. Have you contacted Lucius and Narcissa?" Alex asked Severus who mearly nodded as he watched Draco.

"You do know what spell Harry used, do you?" Severus said as they went back to the bathroom to deal with Harry. Alexis nodded as she opened the door.

Alexis watched as Harry claimed he did not know the spell he used. 

"If you do not know, then don't try it!" Alexis almost screamed at him.

"Apparently I underestimated you, Potter,"he said quietly. "Who would have thought you knew such Dark Magic? Who taught you that spell?" 

Harry made up a story about reading it at a library. 

"Liar." said Snape.  Harry looked at Alexis for help, but she did not even move, instead just stared at him. 

Alexis watched as Harry ran when Severus's dememanded Harry brought his school bags and all his school books.

"It's all my fault." Alexis sighed as she rubbed her  "He wanted to ask me about the spell but I never got a chance to ask him anything." she said, rubbing his temples. "If only-"

Severus pulled her close to him. "It's not your fault. You didn't know."

"But I did Sev." her large brown eyes stared into his eyes. "He got your book! I totally forgot about that." Alexis bit her lip, looking guilty.

Severus looked at Alexis and he rubbed the back of her neck with his hand. "Why don't you go back to the hospital wing with Malfoy. I'll deal with Potter."

Alexis nodded. "I'll see you in Minevra's office." she said as she reluctantly let go of her hands from Severus's waist.
She stepped out of the bathroom, only to find herself face to face with Harry. Without saying another word, she walked away.

When she reached the ward, a mug of hot chocolate in her hand, that she managed to get from the kitchen, Draco was half awake. Alexis had avoided Dumbledore's office for now for she Lucius and Narcissa were in there after visiting Draco and she did not want to face them. 

Draco mumbled her name as she walked to him.

"Hello Draco. I've brought you some hot chocolate." Alexis said, giving him a smile as she helped him up slowly. "You should be fine soon. You just have to take a rest." she said as Draco took sips of the drink.

"Are you hungry?" Alexis asked Draco, remembering he had not had lunch. "Do you want me to summon the house
elves to pass you something to eat?"

"Yes, please. Thank you." Draco croaked, and he watched Alexis left only to appear again with a timid house elf carrying a tray of food. 

As he hungrily devoured the food, Alexis excused herself, telling him she'll drop by soon. 

She made her way to Minevra McGonagall's office, where Harry, Severus, Minevra and McGonagall were there.

"Ah, Alexis. We were just discussing Potter's punishment." Minevra said. "Severus has given him detention every Saturday until the end of the term starting this coming Saturday." 

"Every Saturday until the end of the term? This coming Saturday?" Alexis's voice echoed in the room as she looked at Severus. She was about to protest but kept silent, and nodded in agreement, glancing away from Harry's disappointed face. 

"I'll send Harry back." she said and Harry left with her.

"What about Quidditch Alex?" Harry asked suddenly, desperate once they left the office.

"I know Harry! She gripped his shoulder.  "But you got to be thankful you're not expelled. Draco's parents are very angry, do you know that?" She said,. Harry was let off with detention since Draco was found to have wanted to use an Unforgivable Curse on Harry.

She sighed as they stood outside the Gryffindor common room. "Look, I'll see what I can do, but no promises, alright?" she said and Harry nodded grimly before entering. 

Alexis sighed again and made her way to her office. To her surprise, Severus was there, sitting at her desk.

"Sev." she said as she closed the door.

"Why the tone of surprise? Can't I see my own wife?" he teased, as he stood up, stroking her cheek with his hand. Alexis closed her eyes and placed her arms around him. 

"Sev, darling," Alexis said as she rested her head on his chest, gathering all her courage. "Is it alright if-" 

"If I postpone Potter's detention?" Severus finished her sentence. He pulled her away, his hands on his shoulder. "You know very well this punishement is what he needs. Be thankful he did not get expelled!" 

"It's just postponing!" Alexis said grumpily. "Just after quidditch! You don't have to be such a kill joy!"

"Really Alex? You knew what I am when you married me." Severus said flatly. 

"And what's wrong with you? You're having all these mood swings!" he said softly as he stroked her hair, knowing something was not right.
 
Alexis sighed as she embraced Severus into a hug. "I'm sorry Sev. I'm just tired I guess. And I miss you. We hardly get time for each other." she said softly. It was true. Even though they were married, both Severus and Alexis were busy with work. They hardly got to spend time together much anymore, since one of them would be asleep before the other.

On top of that, Alexis felt tired everytime, and she had these mood swings and for some reason, she felt nauseous in the morning, cravings and she also had much more frequent trips to the bathroom. She just pushed them aside.

"I missed you too." Severus said as he kissed her cheek. "And I thought you hated jellybeans?" he asked as Alexis  as let go of him and grabbed the jar of jellybens she kept in her office and took a handful before starting to pop them into her mouth and popped a chocolate flavoured one in his mouth. 

"That's what I thought so too. But now I can't get enough of them." she said, frowning.

"And I can't get enough of you." Severus whispered into her ear. Alexis smiled as she brushed her lips across his. She closed her eyes as she felt his hands moving down her thighs, both of them craving for each other's taste and touch.

"Shall we bring this upstairs professor? I'm sure Pomfrey can handle without me for a while." Alexis gave him a smile. 

"I think that's a good idea." he whispered as he lifted her off the desk,his lips twitching.