She Deserves Better.

Patronus.

Severus let out a frustrated groan. He could not find Alexis anywhere. He had searched for her everywhere, their room, her office, the whole school. He had even woken Harry up but Harry said she never came up. 

He walked back and forth in his office, trying to think where she could be. Dumbledore had woken up the staff and everyone was looking for her.  The heavy rain outside did not made him feel better. Dumbledore told him to take a rest, but he refused. How could he? Alexis was missing. His wife was missing.

Severus slammed the table with his fist. She was not suppose to hear the conversation! He knew how much Alexis loved Harry like her own son. And so did Dumbledore, that was why he requested to see Severus only. He let out another frustrated groan. 

Alexis was half concious when she heard loud footsteps. Using all her energy, she let out a cry for help. 

"Whose that?" she heard a voice. Hagrid's. Light from a lantern he was holding, shined on her. "Merlin Alex! What are yeh doing here?" He let out a gasp when he saw the pale and ill stricken Alexis on the ground, pointing to a dead snake next to her. He quickly carried her, balancing an umbrella in one arm and the lantern in the other, and ran back to Hogwarts. 

"Severus!" Severus turned to find Minevra outside his office. "Hagrid found Alexis at the forbidden forest, she may be dying!"

Severus froze for a second before running to the hospital wing as fast as he could. He felt his heart sank when he saw Hagrid placing her on the bed.

Alexis was wet, pale, weak and slipping into unconciousness. She was sweating and her body was shaking  due to the high fever she had. Severus was shocked to see a dead snake in one of Hagrid's hand. He immediately understood Alexis was bitten and if she did not get a healing potion for the bite, she could die any moment.

Within minutes, Severus came back with two bottles and some of Alexis's dry clothes. Dumbledore, Minevra, Hagrid and Promfey surrounded her. 

"Seeev.." Alexis said softly.

"Sssh. Don't talk." Severus said as he tipped a dropper on her lips and let three squeezeful of green coloured potion in her mouth, as Pomfrey healed her sprained ankle and placed a towel on her head. She was about to change her out of her wet clothes but Severus said he would do so. She helped Severus pour the liquid from the other bottle into a goblet and mixed it with another brown coloured potion. 

Minevra helped Alexis sit up as Severus tipped the goblet on her lips, telling her to drink it and Alexis listened obediently and despite the bitter taste, she did not flinch. Severus closed the curtain around them, and started undressing her, then wiped her dry. He helped her into one of her long sleeved night dress, summoning her wet clothes back to their room using his wand.

"Why, didn't you send help? Your patronus? If Hagrid didn't find you you could have died!" he whispered angrily as he placed a damp towel on her head. 

"I tried." Alexis whispered. "I couldn't.. Patronus.. wouldn't conjure." she said with effort. 

Severus looked at her for a minute, frowning before he brushed her hair away from her face. "You need rest, love." he whispered into her ear as Alexis closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. 

He pulled the curtain away. Hagrid was talking to Minevra and Dumbledore "..Foun' her on the floor! Why was she there?" 

"Ah! Severus." Dumbledore said as he took a step forward to look at the asleep Alexis. "How is she?"

"She'll survive, thankfully. Thank you Hagrid, for bringing her." Severus gave a grateful look at Hagrid.

"Oh, it's no problem at all Professor. I jus' hope she gets well soon." Hagrid said before he excused himself. 

"Why was she at the forbidden forest in the first place? And why didn't she send for help?" Minevra asked, frowning.

"I did ask her," Severus said softly, as he looked at Alexis who was moaning  softly, and he knew the antidote was working. "She said she could not conjure a patronus." he frowned.

"Minevra, you can go back to your room. Severus, I think I need to show you something." Dumbledore said.