She Deserves Better.

Astronomy Tower

Alexis was soon almost at the end of  first trimester of her pregnancy, and her stomach was growing bigger slowly. Though she tried to hide it, it was obvious and soon almost the whole school knew. The Hogwarts stuff were particularly thrilled about the new member to the Hogwarts family. Minevra McGonagall, especially would fuss over Alexis.

Alexis was dealing with her morning sickness and cravings well, and Severus was nice enough to deal with her extra mood swings she seemed to got.

That morning Alexis was putting on new robes, that were a little bigger than her old one. "I cannot wait to get my figure back." she said dryly to nobody in particular.

Severus laughed. "Don't worry. I think these robes look flattering on you. Besides you've got what? 7 more months?" he teased. 

"Oh really? Thank you darling. I'm sure I look as charming as you did in Neville's grandmother's clothes." Alexis said flatly. Severus grumbled and muttered something about Lupin and Longbottom would get it from him and Alexis laughed. 

"Oh, I hope our baby don't get your sense of humor." he mumbled as Alexis laughed again as they went for breakfast.

That day, Alexis felt restless as she taught the class, letting them do their own revision instead. She had spent time in almost every class she taught, personal questions about her pregnancy. Everyone wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl and what she wanted to name it. 

She decided she needed to sit down. She noticed Draco looking similarly restless but Alexis pushed it aside.
*********************************
That evening, the sky looked gloomy and dark. Alexis felt a certain uneasiness, fear and sadness overwhelming her as she looked out of the window in her office and she held her tummy. 

She found Severus in his classroom which was dark and he was staring outside, deep in thought. Alexis walked slowly towards him. She gently wrapped her arms around him saying his name softly. Severus said nothing but hugged her tightly. 

The both of them said nothing, watched in silence as the sky grew darker and the two dreaded what was soon to come. They did not have to say it, they felt it.
*********************************
Alexis sat on the chair in Severus's office. Severus was sitted behind his desk, marking essays, neither saying anything. She adjusted her black robes as she shifted slighty. Outside, it was almost night time, and it was still gloomy than ever. 

After a while, it was almost midnight that Severus finally spoke. "Why don't you go to bed? I'll join you later." his voice was soft.

Alexis shook her head. She was tired but for some reason she did not want to. "It's ok. I'll wait for you." she said, giving Severus a small smile. She thought she heard noises outside but she pushed it away.

A few minutes later the door burst open. Professor Flitwick came running in, panting. "Death eaters!" he squeaked. "Death eaters in the school!"

Alexis and Severus immediately stood up grabbing their wands. A jet of red light shot Flitwick in his chest and he flew, hitting the shelf and he passed out. 

Alexis looked borrified. "Sev-" 

"Trust me Alex!" he said and he grabbed her hand and the two left the office. They were a little startled to see Luna and Hermione outside.

"Go! Professor Flitwick has fainted!" Alexis said, "Professor Snape and I'll fight the death eaters."

They ran out to the Astronomy Tower, Alexis clutching her tummy. 

"Alex!" Severus stopped her. "You're not fit to run! The baby-"

"I can run goddamit Severus! Now hurry!" She grabbed his hand and they reached the tower soon enough.
********************************
Harry walked forward underneath the staircase, his eyes not leaving Draco and the death eaters. He was somehow free from the immobile curse, and he pointed his wand up to the terrified looking Draco. A few seconds later he heard noises.

Severus was about to climb up the stairs when he felt Alexis hold his hand tight. He turned and she was looking at Harry. Alexis and Severus went to Harry and he turned, aware of their presence. Alexis pointed her wand at Harry, putting her finger on his lips, as a signal for him to be silent.

Harry lowered his wand, relieved to see Alexis and Severus there to stop the death eaters.