She Deserves Better.

Flight of the prince and princess.

"No." 

Severus and Alexis appeared and the terrified looking Draco lowered his wand. Alexis scanned the room, from the ill looking Dumbledore to Draco and the death eaters. Bellatrix, Amycus and Alecto Carrow and the werewolf, Fenrir Greyback. 

"Alexis, Severus." Dumbledore said. Severus and Alexis said nothing. Severus moved forward as Alexis pulled Draco back. The death eaters and werewolf moved back.

Harry watched as Dumbledore's gaze focused on Alexis and Severus.

"Severus, please." Dumbledore seemed to pleading. Harry saw Alexis squeeze Severus hand and to his horror, Severus raised his wand towards Dumbledore,

"Avada Kedavra!"

A jet of green lit hit Dumbledore and he blasted into the air and fell slowly backwards. The scream of horror never escaped Harry. Snape killed Dumbledore. And Alexis. She just stood there. She let it happen. He saw her raise her hand to grab hold of Draco's shoulder. And he saw it. Her dark mark on her arm as her sleeve fell. His godmother he trusted so much was a death eater.
*********************************
Alexis felt her heart drop and she felt sick to her stomach. Dumbledore was dead. Her teacher, her mentor, her father figure, her friend was no longer there. She felt tears stinging her eyes. Severus's expression did not change but she knew he felt horrified at what he had to do. Draco looked like he was going to burst into tears.

"Out of here quickly." Alexis said as she pulled Draco's collarp  and pulled him and Severus away, Leaving the rest of the death eaters trailing behind. 

Severus lead them to a deserted corridor away from all the fighting. Horace Slughorn appeared from a deserted classroom. Severus without any thoughts, stupefy him. 

Alexis placed her hand firmly around Draco, who still looked terrified. They made their way past the great hall, where Bellatrix jumped on the Gryffindor table, using her wand, with one movement, created chaos. The glass windows behind the staff shattered and cold wind blew into the hall. 

Alexis saw Draco watch in horror and she went back and grabbed his arm and pulled him away. "Hurry!" she said huskily.

They made their way out of Hogwarts, leaving the death eaters behind. "We have to run." Severus said and Alexis nodded. They ran across the lawn past the trees, nearing Hagrid's hut. 

"Snape! Alex! He trusted you!" Harry who had ran after them, shouted. A jet of red light narrowly missed Snape's head. 

There was an explosive bang and Hagrid's hut was on fire. "Alex! Take Draco away! Go on!" he told Alexis.

Alexis looked at Severus and grabbed Draco with her. "Come Draco!" she said. They walked quickly a few steps before Alexis stopped amd turned.

"Fight back you coward! Fight back!" she heard Harry say. 

"Draco, run!" Alexis instructed Draco. 

"But-"

"Just run!" she told him and ran back to Severus. Harry was on the floor. Bellatrix had hit him with a curse. 

"No! He belongs to the Dark Lord." Severus said.

"Bellatrix! Go take Draco with you!" Alexis told her and Bellatrix surprisingly followed.

"Alex!" Harry shouted from the ground. "How could you? Dumbledore trusted you. I trusted you! And now you're a death eater? You're nothing but a  hypocrite!" 

Alexis stared at him, her face turning pale. Severus took her hand and started to leave.

"Sectum-"

Severus ficked his wand and repelled the curse. Severus stared at him. 
This time, Severus's ignorant face turned to anger.

"No Potter!" Severus shouted with rage. "You dare curse my wife?" Alexis froze. 

"You dare use my own spells against me Potter? It was I who invented them. Yes, I'm the half blood prince. And you'd turn my inventions on me, like your filthy father, would you? I don't think so..no!" Severus shot a hex at Harry's wand. 

"Kill me, then!" panted Harry. "Come on Alex! I'm sure you felt no remose when dad died, like your coward husband-"

"DON'T CALL HIM COWARD!" Alexis screamed and she looked like she was in pain. She slashed at the air and Harry slammed back to the ground. "Do not, ever, call my husband coward, Harry. You don't know anything." 

Then there was a rush of wings and Buckbeak had flown towards Alexis and Severus. Severus grabbed Alexis's hand and the two ran away to just beyond the school's boundaries.

"Grab hold of me." Severus said as Alexis grabbed his waist tightly and the two disapparated.
*********************************
"Alex? Where's Alex Harry? We've got to find her! She might be finding Snape! She's pregnant for goodness sake." Remus said anxiously. 

Remus was at the hospital wing with Harry, Ginny, Ron, Tonks, Hermione and Luna, as Pomfrey attended to Bill who was attacked by Greyback. 

"Alex was with Snape!" Harry said angrily. "She's a death eater!"

Remus and the others gasped in horror. 

"No Harry!" Tonks was almost shouting. "You must have been mistaken. How could Alex be a-"

"I saw it alright! The death mark on her arm!" Harry said. "She's nothing but a lying traitor. She's not my godmother." Harry sounded bitter. 

"I can't believe it." Remus said, looking pale. "It can't be. I knew Alex for almost my whole life. She would never.."  

"I knew nothing good would come out from her marriage with Snape. She even defended him when I called him a coward." Harry said, he felt tears stinging his eyes.

Nobody said anything. They were still in shock.

The door opened. "Molly and Arthur are on their way." Professor Minevra McGonagall said. "Harry, what happened? According to Hagrid you were with Professir Dumbledore when he-when it happened. He says Professor Snape was involved in some-"

"Snape killed Dumbledore." said Harry.

Professor McGonagall stared at Harry before faintly falling into a chair. "Snape. I can't believe it." 

"We all knew Snape was an accomplished Occlumens." Remus said harshly.

Professor McGonagall's eyes grew wide. "What about Alexis? Where is she? Does she know-"

"Alex knew. She's a death eater too." Harry said. 

"Alexis's a death eater?" she repeated, her voice dropped to a whisper. "But when? After all this while?"

"I bet she got the mark after she married Snape." Harry let out a sarcastic laugh. "She knew he was still a death eater." 

"I remember," Pomfrey spoke out and everyone looked at her. "When she was admitted here, Snape wouldn't allow me to touch her at all. He insisted that he changed her."

"So we wouldn't know about her mark. I bet she was a double spy." Harry said.

"But, but why? Dumbledore was the one who encouraged them to get married." Tonks said.

"It doesn't make sense! Alex wasn't the one to get easily influenced." Remus said. "She was the first one to join the Order!" 

"Must be the pureblood in her." Harry muttered. 

"It's all Snape's fault. He pulled Alex with him. Dumbledore always trusted Snape. I'd love to know what Snape told him to convince him." said Tonks.

"I know." said Harry. "Snape passed Voldemort the information that made Voldemort haunt down my mum and dad. Then Snape told Dumbledore he hadn't realised what he was doing, he was really sorry he'd done it, sorry that they were dead."

"And Dumbledore believed that?" said Remus incredulously. "Dumbledore believed Snape was sorry James was dead?  Snape hated James..."

"And he didn't think my mother was worth a damn, either." said Harry. "Because she was muggle-born. "Mudblood" he called her." 

"But didn't Alexis knew Snape hated your father? Her good friend. And how he thought of  your mother, Lily, her BEST friend." Tonks said.

"Alexis was blinded by love." Remus said. "She had loved him since we were children." he closed his eyes. "And I thought Snape had changed for the better and I'd let her marry to him just like that! If only-"

"She attacked me! I called Snape a coward and she hit me with a spell. She said I didn't know anything." 

"She attacked you? She said you didn't know anything?" said Professor McGonagall.

Harry nodded. "Maybe she was with the death eaters longer than we knew. Maybe, she's worse than Wormtail."

Everyone one went silent. Snape, whom Dumbledore trusted with his life, turned his back on Dumbledore. Alexis, who everyone thought was on their side, may not be who they taught she was.