She Deserves Better.

The fallen ministry.

Four months soon passed quickly. Alexis and Severus had fled to a rather deserted part of Liverpool, since Severus was wanted for murder and Alexis was wanted for her death eater involvements. That was their fifth home, since they had to move from time to time to avoid being caught.
Voldemort with the aid of Lucius Malfoy, who had escaped Azkaban, had gotten them a home. It was small, but neverthless, safe as they had casted protective spells around the home to avoid being seen. 

Alexis was now heavily pregnant, with only three months left till it was time, and Severus was silently worried for her safety. All the travelling and moving made Alexis more exhausted.  

"Severus?" Alexis popped her head in the door. 

Severus looked up from his book and gave her a smile as she walked in. He smirked. "You're waddling. Like a duck." he teased as he observed her.

Alexis looked mildly insulted and amused. "I am pregnant Severus. Of course I waddle. Hmph. Says the man who swaggers." she said as she poked his stomach. Severus laughed before an "oof" came out as Alexis plopped on his lap. 

"Ooooh. It's kicking again." Alexis muttered as Severus placed his hands on her tummy. 

Alexis shifted herself slightly and ran her hand through Severus's hair as he rested his head on her chest. The two sat in comfortable silence as Severus started playing with her fingers, and stroked her tummy as Alexis let him, watching and smiling to herself. 

"Alex," said Severus, his voice soft and uncertain. "Have you ever.." his voiced trailed off.

"Ever what, love?" said Alexis as she brushed a loose hair off his face, gently kissing his cheek lovingly. 

"Have you ever regretted marrying me?" Severus asked softly.

Alexis eyes widened and she looked into his eyes as he looked away. His normally cold black eyes were soft, and she detected fear in it. She did not know what made him ask such a question.

"Severus!" Alexis said in a low voice. She placed her hands around his neck tightly. "Why would you think that? I love you. Always had, always will." 

"You never had a normal perfect marriage, Alex." said Severus, looking down. "You're on the run now while you're pregnant! I am such a bad husband, Alex. You should have never married-"

"Severus!" Alexis's tone was harsh. She cupped his chin with her hand and gently pushed his head up. "Look at me." she instructed him and Severus slowly looked at her. "I. Love. You. I love you Severus Tobias Snape. No man else. I married the man of my dreams. Every girl has her dream man she wants to marry and you're that man. Cheesy, I know! You've been a wonderful husband to me, Sev. And soon I know for sure, you'll be a wonderful father to our child." She said as Severus gave her a small smile and she took his hand and placed it on her tummy. "I married a brave man. And I appreciate the sacrifice you're doing for Harry. As long I'm with you, I'm happy. I just need my husband with me. And once everything is over, we can lead normal lives. I just need you with me." 

Severus looked at his wife, her face full of hope, full of love for him. He felt his heart leap when she leaned and planted a kiss on his lips. 

"I love you too, Alex." Severus said, his voice in a whisper as he ran his hand down her back. 

Alexis smiled as she snuggled next to him. There was silence before she asked, "Sev, have you decided on a name for our child?" 

Severus looked at her and his lips twitched. "Not really. Have you?"

"Hmmm, Jane for a girl-"

"Jane? As plain as a plain Jane. How about Emily?"

Alexis shook her head and the two started searching for a name. 

"Serene.  I've always liked that name." Alexis said thoughtfully.

Severus had an unreadable expression on his face. "Serene." he smiled. "I like that. Serene Snape."

"How about Lily as her middle name?" 

"Oh, Alex-"

"Listen here Snape. She was my best friend. And we both loved her. And if the dark lord asks, we'll say her name is Serene Eileen Snape, after your mother. Now that I think of it, Serene Lily Eileen Snape sounds nice." 

"It's a little long don't you think?" Severus said dryly.

"Such a kill joy you are. We'll add a hyphen. Serene Lily-Eileen Snape. I like that." Alexis smiled. "Hmm. Yes. That's a nice name. Serene Lily-Eileen Snape."

"It does have a ring to it. And what's if it's a boy?"

Alexis could not control her giggles. "I was thinking, Severus Snape Junior." 

Severus shot her a dark look. "I hope our child doesn't inherit your wonderful sense of humor." said Severus, his voice dripping with sarcasm and Alexis burst into fits of giggles again.

"Be thankful I did not suggest James." she muttered. Severus did not say anything but just raised his eyebrows.
"How about Alexander? Alexander Snape. Alexander Sirius Snape."

"Alexander Snape it- Wait! Did I hear Sirius's name?" Alexis's eyes widened. 

Severus gave her a half smile. "Just say yes or I might just change my mind." 

Alexis gave Severus a hug. "Oh! That's so sweet of you Severus!" 

Severus smirked. "Drop it or I'll take it back." he said as he kissed her. Alexis did not say anything, she was too busy  kissing her dearest husband. 
*********************************
Three months passed and Alexis was due to give birth anytime. Voldemort had managed to gain control of the minstry. Alexis and Severus were no longer on the run and had moved back Hogwarts was closed for the moment but Severus and Alexis knew it would be opened soon. And they were right.

Voldemort had requested to see them that night.

"Ah, Alexis, Severus." said Voldemort as he turned to look at them. 

"You called us, My Lord?" said Severus.

"Yes. Now, if you did not know, I have finally taken over the ministry. Rufus Scrimgeor is finally dead." 

Alexis planted a wide smile on her face. "That's wonderful my Lord." she forced herself to say.

"Now, I have full control of Hogwarts. And of course, Severus, as I have promised you, I am appointing you headmaster. You will be back 

"Ah, thank you My Lord. I would assure you I would do my best." 

"And that would mean I would be made headmistress like you said, my lord?" said Alexis.

"I have changed my mind. I would only allow you back after the child is born. Until then, you will stay at the Malfoy Manor." 

"But My Lord-" Alexis choked.

"I'm sure you can live not seeing dear Severus for a while can you? He'll be back when the baby comes out." said Voldemort in a low, harsh voice.

Alexis swallowed a sob. The idea of not being with her husband did not go well with her. "Yes, yes My Lord." Alexis said finally as Severus squeezed her hand. 

As they made their way back home, Alexis had her fingers entwined with Severus's tightly. Severus sighed and he grabbed Alexis by the shoulders.

"Alex, I won't be gone for long. You'll be back with me soon." said Severus as he pulled Alexis into a hug and kissed her deeply.

"But it's not fair. I need you! Our child needs you now! Why does he have to seperate us of all time!" said the frustrated Alexis.  

Severus stroked her hair. "We'll send letters. You'll be back with me sooner than you'll expect it." 

Alexis looked at him, biting a lip. She sighed and sank her head on his chest, breathing in his comforting scent.