She Deserves Better.

Family tree.

Alexis stared in awe at Dumbledore's potrait at hogwarts two months later.  Severus smiled as he slithered his arms around her waist.

"Hello, Alexis how are you doing?" Dumbledore spoke, smiling.

"I'm..I'm fine." she stuttered, somehow surprised to see the potrait.

"And is that the young one?" 

"Yes! Dumbledore, this is Serene." Alexis said as she brought Serene closer to Dumbledore. Serene squeled and stared at the potrait curiously. She saw Dumbledore moved and she screamed and waved her fists at the potrait. When Dumbledore smiled at her, her eyes grew bigger and she cried and screamed loudly.

"I see she has taken the long line of Snapes." Dumbledore said as Alexis quietened Serene.

"I am not the only one with the bad temper! Alexis is demanding too!" Severus said hotly.

"I was merely talking about her hair." said Dumbledore, amused and Alexis laughed. 

"Now, I have something to tell you two.." Dumbledore's voice was now low and serious.
*********************************
Severus smiled as he pressed his lips on Alexis's cheek. His limbs were tangled with hers as he nuzzled against her ear. He heard Serene stir and he gently distangled himself from her. Alexis opened her eyes and half sat on the bed.

"Wha-" 

Severus smiled as he kissed her cheeks again. "It's Serene. I'll get her."

He got out of bed and went to the cot. Serene's brown eyes and she gave him a toothless smile and gurgled. It seemed like she recognised her father, raising her fist waving it at him. Severus smiled, his heart warmed at the sight of Serene. He carried her out of the cot.

Alexis smiled as Severus played with Serene as he went back to bed.

"Morning, love." Alexis gave him a sleepy smile.

"Morning, dear." Severus said and gave a peck on her lips.

He nuzzeled his nose against her little head and placed his finger on Serene's palm and watched as she played with it, grasping it. 

Alexis moved closer to Severus and ran her hand across his bare back, planting kisses in between his eyebrows, down to his nose and finally down to his waiting lips. 

That night they had a task to do. They had information to release. Something Alexis was reluctant, but she had to.

Alexis adjusted her long black robes as she made her way down to a room at the Malfoy Manor that night. There was a long table in the drawing room. She saw all  the death eater sitted. Voldemort was sitted at the end and there were two empty seats near him. Alexis took a seat, opposite Yaxley. Severus had told her to go to the Manor first. Her eyes drifted to a person hanging upside down on the table. 

"Where is Severus,Alexis? You did not come with him?" said Voldemort suddenly.

"He should be on his way, My Lord. He asked me to come earlier so I could settle our daughter in the room." Alexis said.

Voldemort nodded and everyone waited for him in silence. Alexis and Severus had to attend the meeting. Both of them had information that was important. Alexis had also managed to obliviate the memory that Alexis was Harry's godson.

After a few minutes, she saw a man clad in full black entering the room, looking around. 

"Severus," Voldemort's voice was surprisingly soft. "I was beginning to worry you had lost your way. Come we have saved you a seat."

Alexis watched as Severus went to take a seat next to her. She realised his hair was longer, a little bed like and messy. She resisted the urge to run her fingers through it and bit her lips instead. She gave him a quick smile as his hand was on her lap under the table. 

"You bring news I trust?" said Voldemort, his eyes flickered between Alexis and Severus.

"It will happen Saturday, at nightfall." Alexis said as all eyes were on her.

"I heard differently my Lord." Yaxley spoke out as he leaned forward to look at Voldemort and Alexis. "Dawlish, the Auror, let the Potter boy will not be moved until the thirtieth, the day before he turns 17." 

Alexis and Severus smiled at each other.

"This is a false trail." Severus said loudly. "The Auror Office no longer plays any part in the protection of Harry Potter." 

"Where will he be taken Alexis? The boy." Voldemort asked again. 

"To a safe house. Most likely to the home of someone of the Order, it's given every manner of protection. Once there, it will be impractical to attack him." said Alexis in the most coolest voice she could manage.

Alexis tried very hard not to show any emotion when Voldemort announced that he had to be the one to kill Harry Potter. 

Bellatrix's voice interrupted her thoughts.

"I don't know what you mean my Lord." 

"I'm talking about your niece, Bellatrix. And your's Lucius and Narcissa. She had just married the werewolf, Remus Lupin. You must be so proud." Voldemort said, a sneer on his face.

There was an eruption of laughter from around the table. Even Severus had a smirk which Alexis chose to ignore.

Remus had married Tonks. She felt her heart leap a little bit. It was about time. But at the same time, a little sadness was there. Her good friend has finally settled down and she was not there to see it.

"What say you Alexis?" Voldemort said, looking at her as the laughter died down. "Wormtail told me you were particularly good friends with the werewolf." 

Alexis cleared her throat and foreced a smirk as she closed her mind quickly. "He was no use for other than school work my Lord. Of course, Wormtail is I'm sure a low ranking death eater lke him would be envious of Severus and dislikes me," she flipped her brown hair over her shoulder, "ever since I rejected his offer for a date in school, my Lord." Alexis sneered at Wormtail. 

Another loud jeering laughted erupted and Wormtail seemd to shrink in his already low seat. Even Voldemort seemed amused. Her story was true, Wormtail was upset that Alexis kept on rejecting his Hogsmede trip dates. 

"As much as I find your story amusing, Alexis, Bellatrix, you must find prune your family tree. Remove what damages the rest. We want it to be pureblood." 

Voldemort was nothing but a hypocrite. He himself was not pureblooded. How could people ever fall for his traps. He was full of lies, Alexis thought to herself. She had to warn Remus and Tonks.

"Do you recognise our guest, Severus? Alexis?"

Severus said a yes and Alexis looked up. The "guest" or rather, a prisoner was floating in the air upside down. 

Charity Burbage. The muggle studies professor at Hogwarts. The tear stained woman looked at them. 

"Severus, Alexis. Please. We're friends." she begged them.

Severus's face was impassive and Alexis turned away, not able to look at her.