She Deserves Better.

Lily.

"Professor?" 

Alexis turned and saw Draco outside the room. She gave him a faint smile.

"Draco, come in. I want you to meet someone." she said and Draco stood next to her.

Alexis carried Serene out of her court. "Draco, meet my daughter, Serene." she said and brought Serene closer to Draco.

Draco's mouth curved slowly, smiling for the first time since the death eater's meeting that night. He touched Serene's palm and she grasped it, smiling and gurgling in delight. 

"She likes you." Alexis said, smiling at Serene. "I can tell." and she let Draco carry Alexis for a while.

After he returned Serene back to Alexis, Draco looked at her. "Professor, how do you deal with it?" his eyes looked a little afraid. " All the deaths." her voice dropped into a whisper.

"It's not easy," Alexis confessed. She looked at Draco. "Is your heart really in this?" she asked him.

She saw a flicker of fear in his eyes. Before Draco could say anything, Severus called after her.

"Alex, we've got to go."

Once back to their room at Hogwarts, Alexis placed the sleeping Serene into her cot. She removed her robe and changed into her night dress, not saying a word to Severus ever since they left the Malfoy Manor. The image of Charity getting  killed kept playing in her eyes.

"Alex." Severus said as he placed his arms on her shoulder and Alexis almost jumped in shock.

"Sev." she managed to say after catching her breath.

"Something's wrong." Severus said and he planted soft kisses down her neck. Alexis closed her eyes. He knew her so well.

Alexis sighed. "It's just, everything. Watching people die, Remus and Tonks got married, Harry." Severus let go of his hand and poured her a glass of firewhisky. She gulped all of it and she felt herself loosen up. 

Severus took the glass away from her and poured her another. "I knew what I signed up for, but sometimes it's just overwhelming, Sev. I- nerver mind." she sighed. 

Severus placed the empty glasses on the table. Alexis closed her eyes and felt his strong hands massaging her shoulders and went down her back. 

"It'll all be over soon. I promise." Severus said. And his hands went down to her waist and Alexis let out a soft moan as he turned her to face him and he licked her lips. She ran her hand through his hair, and he gave her his rare full smile that always warmed her heart. 

"You look so beautiful Alex." he whispered into her ear and she pushed herself deeper into him. 

"Oh Sev. You know what your voice does to me." she mumbled into his chest. She knew he was craving for her touch as much as she was craving for his.
*********************************
"I just fed her so you just need to put her to sleep." Alexis said as she passed Serene to Narcissa. "Everything is in the bag." she pointed to a black bag on the floor. "And thank you, Narcissa." 

Alexis pulled her hood up as she went down the staircase. The death eaters were there, waiting for her. 

"Ah, Alexis." Voldemort said. "And how is Serene?" 

"She's asleep my Lord," Alexis said as she stood next to Severus. "I've asked Narcissa to take care of her.

Voldemort nodded. "We shall leave now. Remember, Potter is mine." 

Alexis took a deep breath as Severus grabbed her hand. There were thirty of them death eaters, all hooded like them, ready to charge. 

They left the Malfoy Manor. Although Severus and Alexis could fly, they decided to use the broomsticks like  the others, and they led the chase.

They lingered in the air, until soon enough, like what Severus and Alexis expected, seven Harry Potter and some of the order members flew towards them. Although Severus and Alexis knew about the plan, they did not know which among the seven Potter was the real Harry. 

The death eaters charged towards them. Green light flew everywhere and Alexis struggled to avoid being hit. 

"Stay close to me!" she heard Severus shout to her, and she flew next to him, using her wand to secretly deflecting any spells hitting the order members or any of the seven Potters.

She soon found herself with Severus and other death eaters chasing after Remus and Harry Potter, although she did not know if that was really Harry.

Her heart sank as her hood fell and she made eye contact with Remus. There was anger and disappointment in his face.
*********************************
Remus sank on the chair as he took a large sip of firewhisky as everyone else moaned over the loss of Mad Eyed Moody. He paused. He thought he heard noises.

Outside, Alexis panted as she supported the half concious Moody on her shoulder. She thanked her lucky stars that he was not concious enough to realise who she was. He was bleeding, Voldemort had hit with with a curse and he fell but Alexis had managed to save him without Voldemort knowing, when she was seperated from Severus during the chaos.

She half dragged him to the door of the Burrow. She raised her fist to knock, but hesitated. She was not welcome. She felt a little panic as she saw Moody groan and her fist started to hit the door.

Before she could leave Moody there, the door opened and she found herself face to face with Kingsley Shacklebolt and everyone else who was inside had scurried to see who it was.

She saw Harry raise her wand at her. She let out a gasp and quickly disapparated, hearing a loud outburst from Remus, leaving behind a trail of cloud like black smoke.

"Why Remus? Why you let her go away?" Bill asked, as he rushed to get Moody.

Remus ran his hand through his hair. His mind was in a mess. "The chase, she saved my life." 

Harry stood up. "She saved your life? If you have forgotten she's a deat-"

"Death eater I know! But I saw her deflect a spell that was meant for me. And I never saw her cast a spell directly on us. It was as if she was just hitting the air! I.. I don't know, but there maybe something we don't know."

Everyone went silent, they were deep in thoughts.
*********************************
Alexis was outside the Malfoy Manor. When she reached there, Severus was not there. She thanked Narcissa for taking care of Serene and went back to Hogwarts. 

Placing the still asleep Serene in cot, she casted a monotoring spell on Serene and flew to Grimmmauld Place. Something told her Severus was there.

She held her breath as she went, all the emotions overwhelming her. All the memories with Sirius and Remus played in her head.

"Severus?" she called out as she went up the staircase. She reached outside of Sirius's room and saw Severus kneeling on the floor. Tears were flowing down from his hooked nose. He looked up at her.

"A..Alex." he said and quickly wiped his tears. 

Alexis made her way in and took what was in Severus's hand. There was a torn piece of paper with Lily's handwriting and signature on in. There was also a photograph of Lily laughing with James and Harry.

And before she knew it, tears started flowing on Alexis cheeks. She missed James and Lily so much. She looked at Severus who was looking at Lily's picture longingly. Alexis gently wiped his tears away and stroked his hair. Severus quickly tried to compose himself again, but she still held him in her arms tight. 

"I miss Lily too." she whispered and Severus sighed and he placed his arms around her.