She Deserves Better.

Attack on Arthur Weasley

Alexis stormed into her office. She had never been so angry. Her lesson was interupted by that Umbridge woman. She had the nerve to interrogate her in front of her students rudely. Just thinking about her made her blood boil. 

<i>"And how long have you been teaching here?" Umbridge asked her. 

Alexis smiled politely. "Three years."

"And you have joint classes with Professor Snape for the students?"

Alexis nodded. "We joint classes for certain chapters like-"

"It's purely educational isn't it?" 

Alexis frowned. "I beg your pardon?" 

"The lessons. Are they purely educational?" 

Alexis nodded slowly. "Yes." 

"And it has nothing to with your relationship with Professor Snape?"

Alexis turned red as the class burst into fits of giggle. "My relationship with Professor Snape is purely professional." Alexis said through gritted teeth, trying hard not to hex her.

"That's not what I heard." Umbridge said, giving her a sly smile. "Do not mix personal affairs with work." she whispered before walking away.</i>

Alexis smirked. Apparently, almost everyone hated Umbridge. The students,the professors. Even Severus had complained to her how she had rub it in to his face that he never got the Defence Against The Dark Arts Post. 

Alexis smiled. Severus was adorable when he was mad.

She turned red and cursed silently when she had realised what she had thought. 

She sighed. She knew how she felt, but she didn't knew where she stood with him. "I guess he's still in love with Lily." Alexis said softly. 

She picked up the letter from Sirius. 

<i> Alex,
How's it there at Hogwarts? I'm so bored right now, with you, Harry and Remus gone. When are both of you coming back? 

P.S: If Snivellus gives you trouble, feel free to give him a hex or two from me.

Sirius. </i>

Alexis smiled as she took out a quil and paper to reply. She missed Sirius.
*********************************

Severus leaned against the wall in his office. He took a deep breath. Dumbledore would not lie would he? 

<i> "Why are you so afraid Severus? Why are you willing to let someone who loves you go away? Why would you let Alexis go? </i>

Dumbledore's words echoed in his mind. He recalled how Dumbledore's kind eyes burned with a cold blue fire as he spoke, something Severus rarely saw.  
Severus was as furious. Furious at Dumbledore for telling her what they had kept secret for a long time.

<i> "You told her? Why?" Severus spatted out, he could hardly believe his ears. 

"Because I think she deserves to know! Stop being so foolish Severus! She doesn't hate your you nor your past. She's willing to give you a chance, why not you?" </i>

He sighed softly and closed his eyes. 

He no longer saw those green eyes, instead a pair of soft, kind brown eyes haunted him. And the face. The red on her high cheekbones against her fair skin, her full lips that always seemed to find its way into a smile. The small faint scar on her forehead. Her feature were sharper as she grew older, but she still had the same smile she never failed to give him everyday since they were children.

"Alexis." he whispered softly into the wind. What a stupid girl. He did not understand what she would see in a man like him, old, grumpy, silently struggling to get by each day. While she, she was full of energy. She was the complete opposite of him. 

He could feel her warmth when she hugged him, something her rarely let people do. Her voice echoed in his ear, and he could smell her scent, the sweet vanilla smell on her. He saw the confused look when he avoided her that week.  How could face her? He was not pure. She should hate him.

He cursed, opening his eyes. He slowly pulled his sleeve, revealing the ugly death mark on his inner left arm. It was growing darker. 

"Severus!" 

He turned, pulling his sleeve down. It was her. 

"It's Harry!" Alexis said. She looked worried. 

The two rushed to the headmasters office, walking in silence. As they reached it and Severus gave the password, Alexis grabbed his hand and held it tightly, and for some reason, Severus did not pull it away. 

"I know it's not a dream!" Harry was shouting to Dumbledore.

Minevra quickly explained how Harry saw a "vision" of Arthur Weasley injured by a large snake in the department of Ministry. 

Nagini, Alexis thought grimly.

"It's worth a look." Alexis urged. "Harry might be right!" she said as she pulled Harry closer to her. 

After further investigation, Harry was right after all. Arthur Weasley was immediately sent to St Mungos Hospital. Dumbledore had sent the Weasley children and Harry back to 12 Grimmauld Place via Portkey. 

Severus said, he would meet Alexis at the Order's headquaters. Alexis just nodded as she made her way back to the headquaters via the floo network, praying that Arthur would survive.