She Deserves Better.

Saying goodbye.

That evening, Severus stormed into their suite. Alexis was playing with Serene, carried her and went to Severus. "What's wrong love?" 

"Those kids! They've scribbled all over the wall. Dumbledore's Army Recruting." he spat out like a bitter medicine. "Do they really think they can defeat the Dark Lord like that?" 

Alexis sighed and passed Serene to Severus who calmed down when he saw Serene's smile. He nuzzled and twirled her around as she screamed "Da da!" over and over again. 

Alexis slithered her arms around him. "I think we need their help." she said as she kissed his cheek. 

"Need their help? Are you insane?" Severus stared at her.

"We need all the help once the time comes. I know them Sev, I know they are skilled although they are just teenagers, Sev." 

Severus stared at her as he sighed and kissed her lips. "I guess you're right." 
*********************************
Luna and Neville knocked on the door of Alexis's office the next evening and slowly entered.

"Ah, Luna. Neville. Sit down." Alexis gave them a smile they did not return. "Now, I assume both of you know or are responsible of the scribbles on the wall. Dumbledore's Army? Are you recruting?"

"So what if we are?" Neville blurted out, angry at her. 

"Good." a small smile formed on the lips. "I want both of you to form it back again." 

"What do you mean?" Luna asked, confused but still cautious. 

"Whose side are you on?" Neville frowned.

Alexis sighed. "Luna, Neville. I am going to tell you secret information. I need you two to trust me."

"Why should we?" Neville stared at her. 

"Because you have to! You have to trust me! You have to trust me and Professor Snape! I know it's hard. But we are on your side. Always had been." 

"But Dumbledore-" 

"It was planned between us all!  Dumbledore was dying." Alexis sighed and as she brought them to Severus's office where Dumbledore's potrait and Severus was waiting, she told them what she thought they needed to know. 

"Hello, Luna, Neville." Dumbledore smiled at them. Dumbledore confirmed what Alexis had told them. 

"We need you two to keep this information a secret. We are double agents. We cannot risk Voldemort finding out." Severus said sternly.

"Nobody at all. Not even the other professors, and especially the students, they will know soon enough." Alexis added and the two nodded, relief to find they are in safe hands.

"Alexis, Severus." Dumbledore said as the Neville and Luna left. "The war might be coming sooner than I expexted, I fear. And to that, I say you have you protect Serene." 

"What do you mean?" Severus asked.

"You'll have to place her in a safe place. Send her in the care of someone trustworthy. I'm afraid Riddle might have plans for your daughter, for his own advantage. He might use her

Alexis's eyes grew wide in fear as Severus gripped her waist tight. "But who? Everyone doesn't trust us anymore!"

"That is why it's time for you to reveal your loyalty to some more people."

"Isn't it too much? That we keep revealing?" Severus said, angry. "You're putting our lives in danger!"

"There is no other choice. You have to do it for your daughter. It's a matter of life and death. You have to do it now."

Alexis immediately summoned Luna and Neville again. She instructed them to send a message using their patronus to Lupin and Moody and to call Professor McGonagall, Professor Sprout and Professor Flitwick and they eagerly helped and after a while, they received a patronus, they recognised it as Kingsley's saying they have reached. 

Luna and Neville soon brought Kingsley, Remus, Tonks and Moody inside the headmaster's office, with the professirs trailing behind. Alexis went to their room to pack Serene's things and holding her tears, carried Serene to the office.

The order members were shocked to see Severus and Alexis inside waiting for them.

"Wait!" Luna said as Moody tensed up, ready to attack. "They're on our side."

"Yes, please. Sit, let me be the one to justify their innocence. But remember to keep it a secret for their safety." Dumbledore spoke behind them and Minevra sent back Luna and Neville back.

Alexis and Severus played with Serene as Dumbledore told the rest everything, and they looked shocked.

"Harry must die? Is there no other way?" Remus said.

While the others debated, Alexis's eyebrows were burried together as her head swarmed with memories and ideas.

"Harry can't die!" she blurted out. "He survived the killing curse before!" she jumped on her feet and took two book about wands and horocruxes from a shelf as Serene trailed behind her mother, grasping her robe and waddled to Remus who smiled at her and placed her on his lap.

"What do you mean Alex?" Severus asked.

"His wand is connected to Voldemort I assume. So Harry doesn't have to die!" Alexis said, her eyes lighting up, like there was hope.

"I still don't understand." Moody said as Serene climbed on Kingsley's lap and snatched his hat from him, giggling.

"Harry is thought to be the last horocrux right? If that's the case, even if he's attacked by the killing curse by the dark lord himself, he's be in a limbo. But there is another alternative." she slammed the books on the table and pointed to a paragraph in one of them. "Just as you know who is about attack him, we just need to disarm him."

"But he carries the Elder Wand." Dumbledore said kindly.

"But he is not the owner! Draco Malfoy is! He disarmed you. The wand chooses it's owner." 

"That means you know who is not as powerful as he thinks he is. That means Harry needs to kill him?" Tonks said. 

"But there is a piece of horocrux in Harry." Severus said again, still he did not understand as he picked Serene up and stroked her hair.

"The wand. Voldemort's own wand has connection's with Harry. Like their minds. And since that greedy git has gotten the Elder wand-"

"And he broke his own wand at the last meeting, that means Harry is free from the horocrux and connection?" Severus continued.

"Yes! Well, not really, until Voldemort is really dead, than yes." 

"You should have been in Ravenclaw." Professor Flitwick said to Alexis and she laughed.

"Alex," Moody said suddenly. "I have to thank you, for saving my life the other day." 

Alexis smiled. "I could not just leave you there."

"We should have trusted you and Severus." Tonks said. "We should have known that both of you were on our side." 

"I knew something was up when Severus and you saved my life." Remus said and he stood up and offered Severus a handshake. "Thank you." Severus mumbled a welcome and shook his hand.

"Well, I was insulted when you did not invite me to your wedding." Alexis teased him and ran to hug her friend. The smile on her face faded away when Serene's giggles erupted and she ran to her father but fell halfway. 

"Actually, Remus, Tonks. We have a favour to ask you. We need you to take care of Serene for the time being. We're afraid she might be in danger." Alexis said, her voice breaking.

"Of course. We'll take care of her until everything is over." Tonks said.

"It'll be a good practice for you Tonks." Alexis attempted a smile as she placed her hand on Tonks's swollen tummy. 

Alexis reluctantly passed the bag filled with Serene's things to Remus who took Serene's hand. 

Alexis kneeled down to Serene. "Be a good girl. Mummy and Daddy loves you." she whispered, trying hard to hold back her tears as she hugged and kissed Serene fiercely.

"Don't cause too much trouble." Severus said, he too trying hard not to show emotions as he hugged his daughter like it was the last time he was seeing her.

As if she knew, Serene hugged Severus's leg and she looked at Alexis. Her lips began to quiver. "Ma-ma? Da-da?" she looked at her parents with large sad puppy-like eyes. 

"Come on Serene." Remus whispered to Serene and carried her. 

Serene looked at him. "Ma-ma? Da-da?" she repeated and pointed to them. 

"You'll see them soon." Remus assured her and Serene waved sadly to them as everyone left, leaving the Severus and Alexis alone.

Alexis sobbed as she sank her head on Severus's chest. "You'll see her soon. I promise." Severus whispered as he stroked her hair, his own tears wetting her hair.