She Deserves Better.

Battle of Hogwarts Part 1.

Two weeks passed since Serene was under Remus and Tonk's care. Severus and Alexis missed their daughter dearly, but they knew she was in good hands. 

Severus and Alexis had no choice but still had to put on an act, to get on Voldemort's good side. Dementors were placed all around the school.

Alexis was flipping through a book when she felt a pair of strong arms on her shoulder. She smiled and closed her eyes as she felt something nuzzling against her neck and ear. She stood up and slithered her hands around Severus's waist and smiled. "Hello love." she whispered as she planted kisses on his face and down his neck as he burried his face into her chest. 

Severus looked up and planted his lips on hers. "You have detention with me, remember?"

Alexis giggled and licked his lips slightly. "Hmm. Oh yes please, Headmaster."

There was an urgent knock on the door and Alexis groaned softly. Reluctantly pulling away from Severus, she answered the door. It was Professor. McGonagall. 

"Alexis! Severus!" she entered without being invited and waited for a few seconds before she shut the door.

And right in front of her eyes, Harry and Luna appeared. Seeing his godmother, Harry ran and gave her a hug. Professor McGonagall had told him everything.

"Harry!" Alexis said as she hugged him tight. "Are you alright? Where's Ron and Hermione?"

"I'm fine. Some death eaters saw me though. And Ron and Hermione's with the DA members."

As Harry spoke, Alexis and Severus felt their dark mark burn. They pulled their sleeves and saw it getting darker.

"Minevra! Call the head of the houses, gather at my office." Severus said.

"It's time. We have to fight." Dumbledore said as all the head of the houses, Alexis, Severus, Harry and Luna were at the headmaster's office. Severus had gone to Voldemort so he could tell Alexis once he was here.

"We need to gather all the students!" Professor Flitwick said. 

Alexis nodded. "Bring them to the great hall, send the students back. Time is running out." she said grimly. "And remember, Severus and I still need to be on you-know-who's good side until we face the man himself. So we'll be fighting against you. Harry, we'll need to seperate, but remember, once he's here, stay close to me. I would like to see his face when he knows I've played him." she smirked. 

They left and Alexis was alone in her office as she waited for Severus and placed a few small bottle potions in a small bag that she slung over her shoulders.

"Alexis," Dumbledore said suddenly and Alexis turned to face him. "If Harry needs help can I get assurance from you that you will give it to him?" 

Alexis frowned but nodded. "Of course, but why?" 

"There will come a time, I have a feeling, where Riddle will test you." 

"Me? Why me?"

Dumbledore did not answer. "Just rest assured Severus is yours and yours alone." he said.

Alexis frowned. She did not answer, but before she could answer, Severus opened the door. "It's time." he said seriously.

He held her hand and they heard crashes and screams and they knew it was finally it. Severus turned. "We have to split. Like our plan." he said. 

Alexis felt a sob escaping her mouth and Severus hugged her tight. "We'll meet soon. Don't worry." 

Alexis looked at him. He pulled her in a kiss on her lips and they kissed deeply, for a long time, like it was their last kiss. And without another word Severus gave a lingering kiss on her forhead before he ran to the opposite direction. 

Alexis ran down the corridor and she deflected a spell from a student, knocking him down instead so she could find Harry.

She ran pass a corridor and found Remus duelling with Dolohov. 

"Alexis! Come on. Let's kill this good for nothing wolf!" Dolohov said as he and Remus shot spells at each other.

"Sorry, no can do!" Alexis said before shit his Dolohov with a killing curse and he dropped to the ground. She ran to Remus. "We've got to find Tonks! Bellatrix. She wants to kill her!" 

Before Remus could say anything, she saw a couple of death eaters. "Quick! Run!" she hissed and Remus kissed her cheek before he ran to find his wife.

Alexis ran to where she assumed Harry was. Looking for the diadem. She walked quickly. The room of requirement. She rushed in and saw Crabbe attempting to use the killing curse on Hermione.

"Crabbe!" she shouted. And everyone stopped and turned. There was Harry, Ron and Hermione. Draco, Crabbe and Goyle were also there. 

"Professor!" Goyle said as Alexis pointed her wand to them. "We've got the Potter boy. And the mudblood-

"Silence!" Alexis shouted again. "Three of you, she pointed at Draco, Crabbe and Goyle. "Get the hell out of here."

"But professor, we've got him." Crabbe said.

"I bloody know that! Now get out of here before I hex you all." she snarled. Nobody dared to stop here. Draco and his friends knew she was a skilled duellist. 

"But Professor, you wouldn't-"

"I bloody well would. Now get out of here. I'll deal with Potter." she said and grabbed Harry's collar.

After Draco, Crabbe and Goyle left, she let go of Harry and sighed. "Quick move out of the way." 

As the trio moved back, Alexis pointed her wand and casted the firefend spell at the diadem. It vibrated violently, and red liquid, almost like blood flowed seemed to leak.

There were loud bangs from outside. "Quick! You have to go first! I'll catch up with you later." she instructed them and they nodded.

Alexis stopped to catch her breath and her eyes caught something. A small bottle filled with brown colured liquid was on the floor, near the broken diadem untouched by the damages caused by the spell she casted. She picked it up and it a strong scent filled her nostrils. She knew what it was. It was an antidote for Snake venom. 

She frowned but placed it in her small bag.