She Deserves Better.

The death of the Dark Lord.

Alexis wrapped her fingers around Harry's as they walked down the forest. She had told Severus to bring Ron and Hermione in. 

She stopped and so did Harry. He looked at her. Alexis smiled and placed her hands on his shoulder. "I'm so proud to call you my godson Harry." she said as she pushed his hair away from his face. She thought she saw fear in his green eyes so she gave Harry a reassuring smile. "You'll survive. You're not going to be here for a while but you'll be back." she said softly and Harry gave her a smile. 

"Alex, when I'm in gone can I choose?" he asked.

"Choose what?" 

"Choose to be with my parents and Sirius?" he asked softly.

Alexis looked at him. She sighed and nodded. The air turned cold suddenly and she watched as Harry took out a Snitch from his pocket. She watched as he pressed it to his lips and mumured something. The snitch opened and he took out a black stone. The Resurrection stone. 

Alexis felt Harry wrap his hand around hers. He instructed her to close her eyes and she did. After a while, she felt a small shiver down her spine and she felt Harry let go of her hands and she opened her eyes slowly as she heard slight movement around them.

In front of them, stood neither flesh nor ghost. 

There stood, Lily her eyes searching Harry's and Alexis's greedily, still beautiful as ever. James, the same hight as Harry, they looked so alike and her heart leaped as she saw Sirius, grinning at her. He was much younger and much more handsome than she could remember.

Alexis felt her mouth open but nothing came out, instead a sob escaped. 

"Alexis," she heard Lily say as she smiled at her. "Thank you for taking care of Harry." 

"I owe you Butterbeer," James spoke and Alexis managed a laugh.

"I missed you two so much," her voice came out as a whisper. Her eyes searched Lily's and James's and she felt a strange cool sensation as she placed her arms around them. They felt solid yet not human. 

"No hug for me?"

Alexis turned and saw Sirius grinning at her, his hands in his pocket. 

Alexis walked towards him and she stopped right in front of him. She felt the cold sensation around her waist, and she was pulled closer to him.

"Sirius. I miss you. Badly." she whispered and tears started flowing down. He strangely smelt the same as she remembered and she closed her eyes for a while. 

She felt his cold lips brush against her cheeks and she opened her eyes. "We'll meet someday, not now, but someday." he whispered back at her. Alexis nodded and pulled back away reluctantly. 

"We have to go." she heard Harry said.

She exchanged last glances at Lily, James and Sirius before they walked off with Harry, drifting into the dark mist.
********************************
Alexis watched as Voldemort appeared with Hagrid behind him, carrying a motionless Harry. 

Behind her, she heard Minevra McGonagall shouting in dispair. Remus looked shock but Severus and Alexis kept their calm.

Before she could stop, Neville ran charging towards Voldemort and Voldemort stunned him and he fell. Alexis urged to run to him but Severus pulled her back.

The next thing she knew, Neville had killed Voldemort's snake and all hell broke loose. She saw Harry on the ground moving among the chaos and she sighed in relief.

"Come on!" she heard Severus call her and she gripped her wand and they ran to the great hall. 

On the way, Alexis and Severus found themselves duelling the Carrows. The Carrows had forgotten how skillfull Alexis and Severus were.

"You traitor!" she heard the female Carrow shout as Alexis stunned her and sent her flying. Severus killed the male Carrow with ease. Everyone else watched in surprise as they watched Severus and Alexis changed sides.

Alexis grabbed Severus hand and they ran towards the great hall. Voldemort was duelling Kingsley, McGonagall and Slughorn while Bellatrix, as arrogant as ever, was duelling Hermione, Ginny and Luna.

Alexis let go of Severus who started to duel with another death eater. She ran towards Bellatrix who had missed killing Ginny very narrowly.

"Come on Bella! You can do better than to battle with children!" Alexis shouted as she sent a stunning spell towards Bellatrix. Surprised, Bellatrix very narrowly got hit.

"Alexis! You-"

"Traitor. Yeah yeah. I was never on your side you bimbo!" Alexis snarled as she pushed the girls away. 

Hundreds of people lined up as they watched the duel. People rushed to offer Alexis help, including Severus, but she shouted at them to stay back. The two witches were fighting to kill.

Molly Weasley came running and sent a stunning spell towards Bellatrix. "Oh look. What will your children do when their mummy is gone? Just like little Freddie?" Bellatrix taunted.

"You will never touch our children again!" Molly screamed and she sent spells towards Bellatrix.

"Hello Molly!" Alexis grinned. "You can't hog dear Bellatrix alone! I want a piece of her too!" Alexis shouted.

Bellatrix laughed and Alexis and Molly both sent green jet of light at Bellatrix amd it hit her directly on the chest. Bellatrix's smile froze and her eyes buldged and she toppled back and the crowd broke into cheers.

Voldemort roared in anger and McGonagall , Slughorn and Kingsley fell back. He pointed his wand at Molly and Alexis and Harry casted a shield.

Voldemort's eyes roamed for the source and the crowd broke into cheers as Harry emerged from his cloak. 

Harry and Voldemort looked at each other circling, one ready to devour another. At that moment, as Harry and Voldemort exchanged verbal "discussion", Dumbledore's voice echoed in her head. She knew she had to help Harry. 

Alexis stepped forward next to Harry. 

"Alexis!" Voldemort sneered. "How nice of you to join us. Had a change of heart?" 

"Change of heart?" Alexis laughed. "I was never on your side. Never. I was mearly, acting my dear. And if you think the murder of Dumbledore proved it, you're a fool. Dumbledore planned it.  He was already dying."

"But Seve-"

"My husband was never on your side either Riddle! He was Dumbledore's! You ahould have known that!" 

Severus aproached them and Voldemort stunned him.

"Severus!" Alexis cried and Slughorn and McGonagall rushed to help him.

"Not so strong now is he?  I know, eversince I killed that mudblood Lily Potter, he changed sides. Potter already told me. He's one true love. Tell me, Alexis, have you ever thought why he married you?" 

"He loves me." Alexis said simply. 

"Or was it because you were pure blooded? That he was just using you." Voldemort said slyly and Alexis froze. She saw him flick his wand suddenly Alexis felt herself bound and everything went black. 

"He was just using you." Voldemort's voice echoed. "From young, he was just using you to get Lily." Alexis saw images of Lily and Severus. She heard Severus'a scream "no" somewhere.

"You're nothing. You're nothing as compared to Lily. You're not as smart or as beautiful as her. Severus doesn't want you, and you know it. He's here because of her, not because of you." 

Alexis felt herself sobbing. She tried to cover her ears but his voice went louder.

"You know! You know you will never get him fully. Even your godson doesn't want you." 

She heard muffled screams of Harry and Severus.

"Come, join me, Alexis. You don't need them-"

Dumbledore's voice broke Voldemort's. "Severus is yours and yours alone 
And Harry is yours also." 

Knowing he was messing with her mind, She gathered all her strenght, her eyelids flew open and she got herself out of the trance like nightmare.

"Join me, Alexis." Voldemort said. 

"No! Never. I will never join you Riddle!" 

And with that, he raised his wand and so did Harry and Alexis. There was a large shield like jet of light between the two and Voldemort as they tried to hang on. Severus joined in.

Alexis saw Harry weakening and she and Severus took a deep breath and moved a step forward. There was a loud bang and she saw Voldemort flew in the air, a look of horror on his face. The crowd burst into cheers.

Alexis felt exhausted as Harry did and she sank on the floor, trying to catch her breath. She felt something trickle down her face and she realised her nose was bleeding. 

"Alexis!" she heard Severus call her name and he sank on the floor next to her, placing his hands around her. She tried to smile but she could not. Voldemort's voice still played in her head.

"I need to think." she mumbled as she stood up and left Severus on the ground, confused. She felt dazed, ignoring everyone who called her and she staggered into the forbidden forest.