She Deserves Better.

Snuffles.

The rest of the holidays went by quickly. Harry spent his holidays with his godparents, Hermione and the Weasleys and ocasionally with Remus if he was not on missions. 

Alexis on most afternoons, would silently leave for Spinner's End, where she secretly received occlumency and  legilimency lessons from Severus Snape. Day by day, Severus noticed she was becoming a much more powerful witch. At the same time, his relationship with Alexis blossomed. 

Alexis came home one day, announcing her engagement to Severus, with the blessings from Dumbledore. Everyone was surprised and Harry was shocked and unhappy about it. He ran upstairs upon hearing the news and Remus ran after him, trying to calm himself down. 

"I can't say I'm truly happy for you, but if he makes you happy.." Sirius said, forcing a smile. 

Alexis let out a sigh of relief as she rushed to give Sirius a hug. 

"Thanks Sirius. That means a lot to me." she whispered. 
*********************************
Alexis walked down the station into a  room where she saw Sirius talking to Harry. 

"If Voldemort's building an army than I want to fight too." He said, staring at Sirius.

Sirius nodded. "It's your turn now." 

"Army? Voldemort?" Alexis asked as she approached the two. 

Harry quickly explained his plan of building an army, to fight Dumledore. Sirius, seeing the frown on her face, tried to defend Harry but she interrupted. 

"I think it's a good idea." Alexis said thoughtfully. 

Sirius and Harry exchanged surprised looks.

"But," she said quickly, "we shall keep this to ourselves, until we come up with a plan." Alexis said, "we don't want the wrong people to know about this." 

The three chatted until Alexis said it was time to go. 

"Harry, why don't you wait outside." Alexis said, and Harry nodded. Alexis was a little relieved that Harry was speaking to her again. He was still upset at her being engaged to Severus.

Alexis smiled at Sirius. "Do take care of yourself alright? Harry and I will be home before you know it!" 

Sirius nodded and grin. "Come back as soon as you can!" 

Alexis nodded and gave him a tight hug. For some reason, a sudden sadness came in her. She breathed in his cologne, and the sadness turned into fear. 

Sirius noticed something was not right. He held Alexis tight. She reluctantly pulled away from him, stared into his grey eyes longingly before he gave a kiss on her forehead, turning into his animagus, a large black dog. Alexis smiled, hugging the dog. "I'll see you soon Snuffles!" she whispered as it licked her face, making her laugh. 
*********************************
Alexis excused herself as she made her way to talk to Neveille Longbottom, leaving Harry with Snuffles. 

Alexis took pity on Neville, and unlike Severus, encouraged the boy. It was anyone's guess how the two were together, considering they were poles apart. 

Alexis walked briskly towards Harry, excusing herself when she saw Lucius Malfoy and Draco Malfoy approaching Harry, smug looks on their faces. 

"Nice shaggy dog you have there Potter." Draco smirked.

"Now now, Draco. We have to give pity to such dogs. Only Mr Potter here, would take such animals." Lucius said, flipping his long blonde hair, staring at Snuffles with a disgusted look on his face.

Harry clenched his fist and was about to make his remark but Alexis placed a han over his shoulder before scratching Snuffles behind his ears.

"This dog here, is much more intelligent than some people." Alexis said, her voice low and silky, glancing at the Malfoys.

"Ah, Professor Alexis Rayson." Lucius said softly. "It's been long."

Alexis nodded stiffly. "Indeed Lucius. Draco, Harry. You may proceed to the train now." Alexis instucted them. Harry nodded walking away with Snuffles trotting behind him. Draco looked at his father who nodded, before glaring at Alexis and leaving the two adults alone.

"I heard your recent engagement with Severus. I'm surprised, I have to admit. But congratulations." Lucius said, glancing at the ring on her finger. 

Alexis cleared her throat. "Ah, yes well. There are other things to be surprised at." she took a glance at the train. "But nevertheless, thank you. I have to go and call on the students. Send my regards to Narcissa." she gave him a tight smile before excusing herself. 

"I would love to cut your golden locks, princess." Alexis muttered to herself, as she saw him leave from the corner of her eyes.

 
♠ ♠ ♠
Snuffles is another nickname for Sirius/Padfoot by the way. :)