Status: Activeee. ((Hopefully))

Is This As Good As It Gets?

Messes Made

When your life is all fucked up, it's hard to imagine a time when everything was alright. It's even harder to imagine having a fairy tale life and everything you could have wanted; that's why now I feel like my past is something out of a movie. A clip from someone else's life that I just wish was me now.
I could go back to when I was a baby. When my mother was teaching me how to walk, to talk, and everything else. But, that's not really where this story starts.

It all started with him, the dream that I never thought I'd find. We met through a spilled smoothie, and it was -at least for me- like love at first sight. The first few months passed blissfully, and at that time we were just friends.

"I love you, Cheyanne." His voice was soft and sincere, and my heart was skipping beats. I didn't know I could feel this much at only sixteen. His green eyes seemed to be glowing at he took my hand and kissed the back of it.

"I love you too, Marc." I couldn't believe I was saying it back. It was like a scandal, in my eyes. Him and his girlfriend of two years had broken up just a week after we met, and I'd drug him out of his depression with my care and love. My eyes traveled to the rose sitting in the middle of the table as I swayed slightly to the light romantic music playing in the background. Was this guy for real? It all felt like a dream, something that I'd never find again in any other man.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked, and suddenly my attention snapped back to his face. He was looking at my from under his eyelashes and biting his lip softly in a hopeful way. I should have seen this coming, as a matter of fact, I did see it coming; but in that moment I felt like it was the most absurd, yet magical thing in the world. How could this amazingly romantic and talented man want to be with me? I just didn't understand it.

"Y-y-yes.." I stammered, and a blush spread across my Face as my eyes averted from his. How stupid of me. This smooth God was asking me to be his and all I could do was stutter back a pathetic yes? But he chuckled. That rolling full laugh that could always make me smile filled the air around me. The scent of his breath clung to my nostrils and my eyes slowly made their way back to his.