Status: Still writing!

Memoirs of an Emo Romantic

"Corey Won't Find Out."

[Coreys POV]

In California, I had a boyfriend. Just one. It was the ending of sophomore year and into junior year. We never went any farther than making out. We lasted a year. On our one year anniversary, Trey tried to get more out of me. He said he wasn't going to stick around if I didn't let him go any farther. The thing is, I didn't want to go any farther. I didn't want to do anything with him. I had lost my virginity freshman year so a senior I was smitten with. That was after I had gotten totally stoned, but I still did it.

When I told Trey I wasn't going to let him go any farther, he begged. Told me he loved me and wanted to show me how much he did love me. I told him if he really did love me, he'd respect my wish and wait until I was ready. He agreed and asked if I was still going to his best friend's party that night. I said I would and showed up at the party a couple hours later.

It was okay. It was a typical high school party. Loud music, alcohol, drugs, and make out sessions all around you. Trey went to get me a beer while I climbed up the stairs to use the restroom. After I washed my hands, I left the bathroom and went to find Trey. No one had seen him on the first floor. I found his friend Jake and asked if he'd seen Trey. Kae's response was, "He went upstairs looking for you." Then he turned away and continued his game of beer pong.

I meandered up the stairs, stepping around couples sucking each others faces off, stepped over a couple people who were passed out, and over spilled beer. My ratty, old, black, low-top Converse exposed my mismatch socks and my skinny, tanned legs were shown off by my white cutoff shorts. My Escape The Fate t-shirt lined my curves and made my long brown hair, pulled into a low side ponytail, fall into place. I looked in the bathroom and found nothing but a girl, losing everything she drank and giving it up to the toilet. Closing the door, I continued down the hall. All the doors that didn't have socks on their handles, were locked. Continuing down the hall, I noticed the last door on the right was opened slightly. I reached for the handle but paused when I heard, "It's fin, Trey. Corey won't find out. After all, it's not like she's giving you anything anyway."

I knew that voice. Kellie Carls. The blonde, preppy, slut of our school. I wouldn't have freaked out like I did, but I'm the only Corey in the school.

I opened the door and held back tears. "Really Trey? Really? Good Lord. We're done." I said before walking out of the room, down the stairs, and out the front door. I lived a couple blocks away so I was perfectly fine with walking.

"Corey! Wait! Please!" Trey shouted, running after me.

"What Trey? What could you possibly want?" I asked, turning towards him.

"Let me explain. Please." He tried.

"There's nothing to explain, Trey. You're a pig and you needed to get your hormones out. But Trey, you could've at least broken up with me. Instead of cheating on me. And with Kellie of all people? How much lower could you get?" I fumed.

"I'm sorry Corey. I ju--"

"Save it Trey. Happy anniversary. Thanks for a great year. See ya around." I said, walking towards my house down the middle of the road.

"Corey! At least let me give you a ride?" Trey yelled after me.

I ignored him. I don't know how long he watched me leave, nor do I want to know. I was done with him and our malfunctioning relationship.

I was three-quarters of the way through my junior year. The last quarter flew by. Trey and Kellie became an item and then broke up two weeks later because Kellie cheated on Trey. Trey called everyday for three weeks. I ignored every single call.

I don't want this to happen again. Especially with Danny. But he's pulling away. He's not talkative. He doesn't tell me anything anymore. So what could it mean?
♠ ♠ ♠
I do NOT own Escape The Fate[:
Comment, rate, subscribe??