Status: Still writing!

Memoirs of an Emo Romantic

Going Home.

[Danny's POV]

That morning I woke up to Corey cussing.

"Ow. Fucking cunt. Fuckk." She rambled.

"Cor? What're you doing?" I asked, my eyes still closed and my mouth turned up into a smile.

"I fucking burned my finger on my straightener..." She admitted.

I laughed, "Smooth move, Clyde."

"Shut up." She giggled.

I rolled over to face her mirror where she was sitting on the floor in a black Nerd tank top and jean shorts with her Batman belt.

"Good morning, sweet pea." She chuckled, looking at me through the mirror, finishing her hair by adding a lot of hairspray.

"Mornin'." I replied.
_______________________________________________________________________

[A hour and half later]

"You sure you'll be okay mom?" Corey asked for the fourth time.

"Yes honey. Don't worry about me. I was planning on going to Florida to see Grandma, so I guess now's the perfect time to do that." Her mom replied.

"Cor, we gotta go..." I said, looking at the time on my phone.

"Alright. Bye mom. I love you." She said.

"Bye kids. Love you too." Her mom said, hugging us both, "Have a safe trip."

"Will do." Corey said, grabbing the carry-on bag and her purse as I grabbed our suitcases and headed to the cab waiting outside.

Corey and I waved one last time out the window as her mom got smaller as we left the long, winding driveway.

"Thank you." I said after a few minutes of a comfortable silence.

"For what?" She responded, moving so her back was against the door and she placed her feet over my lap.

"For everything. For letting me meet your mom. For letting me spend Christmas with you. Everything." I explained.

"Of course baby." She smiled.

"I have a surprise." I said hesitantly.

"Oh, really?" She smirked, "What is it?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you. Besides, if I told you I'd have to kill you." I grinned.

She pouted before asking, "Can I have a hint?"

"One hint. That's it. Then you have to wait." I said.

"Deal."

"You and I are going somewhere memorable for New Years. We leave the night before New Years Eve and get back the day after New Years." I told her.

"Alright. But you'll have to tell me what to pack..." She said.

"Oh believe me, I will." I winked as we pulled into the LAX parking lot.
_______________________________________________________________________

The cab driver set the last suitcase on the curb, turning to me as I held out the thirty dollars.

"Have a safe trip, folks." He smiled a toothy smile.

"Thanks." Corey and I said.

We grabbed all of our bags and prepared ourselves for our long flight back to Paris.
♠ ♠ ♠
So. Here it is.
It's pretty much a filler. I have to plan out what happens next...any ideas?
Let me know what you think.
<3