Fly Away

Invincible

Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to fly. I would see those airplanes and just totally gape at them in pure, innocent, wonder.

I remember my first attempt. I had just finished watching that Spongebob episode where he wants to fly and comes up with all of those crazy contraptions. But I figured, 'no, it must be easier than that'. So I ran outside, and climbed up our big oak tree in the backyard. I climbed. I thought I had climbed so high that I could touch the sun. I closed my eyes and prayed,

"Hey God, it's me, Nila. I know I don't talk to you alot but, uh, I really need your help. You see, I just want to fly. Can you give me some flying powers that I could borrow? Please? Well, uh, I guess thank you?... Amen" with that, I had opened my eyes and looked up at my target, the sky.

I jumped with a heave and felt the cool wind blowing through my soft, brown hair. It felt fantastic. But that didn't last long as I plummeted to the cold grass, landing on my right arm. Breaking it.

Even after that, I never gave up. People would always say that I'd be a pilot one day. But no, I didn't. It wasn't enough. I wanted that feeling of being invinsible, that wind winding through my hair and just being utterly free.

I miss being a kid. I'm sure everyone does. The endless possiblities, the wonder, the awe at the small things. When I grew up, I had nothing but a bunch of failed attempts to reach the sky. Even though they never worked, I had a bunch of stories to tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
I talked to my parents about that attempt and they said that I was only 3 branches up. It seemed way higher back then XD

Thanks a gazillion,

Anila♥