Status: Somewhere in the Middle

It May Be a Mess, but at Least It's Ours

Beaten

Nobody to answer the door, To help her to her feet as she frantically pounded. She gave up hope, Sinking to the floor, She hears him approaching, And she dies inside.
Refuses to cry.
She must stay strong, She will not
cry.
Will not give him the satisfaction,

she

dies

inside.

Waking up,
she looks around,
tries to sit up,
she can't move.
In a bed's groove,
She hears foot steps.
And gasps as she opens her bright blue
eyes.


I woke to the sight of a woman, maybe mid-twenties, looming over me. She wore a kind expression and a bright smile. "Carmen Stone?" She asked, seating herself in a chair next to the bed. "Do you know where you are?"

I looked around, taking in my surroundings. White walls, tile floor, bland color furniture. Hospital. "Yeah...Hospital" I murmured, my dry throat making my voice crack. "What happened?"

She sighed, moving her folded hands from her lap to her eyes, rubbing circles into them momentarily, before removing them and looking at me. "We found you on the front steps of an old house a few blocks from here. It's clear from your appearance that you were attacked and beaten, do you remember anything, anything at all, that could help us locate who did this to you?"

I did, but I shook my head, lying, in hopes that Drake will forgive me. "No...Can I call my boyfriend and tell him where I am?" I looked away, I was pretty sure the look she just gave me told me that she knew I was lying through my teeth. She nodded, handing me her cellphone, and left the room, giving me some privacy.

Drake picked up on the first ring,

"Drake?" I asked tentatively, tightly closing my eyes.

"Where the hell have you been?! I come back for you and the next thing I know, I'm taken in for questioning, your so lucky I'm not in jail right now, you little bitch!" He growled, making me flinch. Ah, same ol' Drake.

"I'm in the hospital..." I trailed off, knowing he was about to blow up, I pulled the phone away from my ears. I could still hear every word clearly...Damn, I'm glad that lady left...

"WHAT?! YOU STUPID BITCH, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PAY FOR IT?!" He paused for a moment, and I pushed the phone back to my ear. "I'll be there in a few." He mumbled, disconnected the call before I had the chance to say, 'I love you'.

I laid my head back on my pillows, setting the cell phone on a dull brown bed side table, and drifted off to sleep with the thoughts of my abusive boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? =-) I would like to know how I did and we would love it if you subscribed! PEACE! <3