Sequel: Pangaea
Status: Debuted: Friday, February 11th, 2011 and Finished: Sunday, March 11th, 2012

Stopping the World

Don't Make A Sound

When I woke up, it was light out. There was still a dreariness about that you noticed after it rained, but for now, the sky was pretty clear other than for a few dark clouds.

I was still in the ditch that I had ran into for safety. When I crawled up out of it to face the road again, that’s all there was: road. No sign of people or anything else for as far as I could see, other than the city buildings in the distance. But they looked vacant.

I started to panic. Where was Nick? Did... whoever it was that was chasing us, take him? I didn’t have the slightest clue, but that was my guess considering he wasn’t here. That, or he managed to get away, but the odds of that were slim.

“Nick?” I called anyway, seeing if I would get a response. “Nick!”

The world was heavy in the bag I was holding on my shoulder. I wasn’t sure what to do.

So, I just thought of the one place that I knew I could always go to when I was younger, whenever I got hurt or was in some kind of trouble. The one place I hadn’t visited in so long, that it felt strange just thinking about it.

I dug the world out of my bag and quickly found the coordinates, not really sure what was going to be in store.

And then, I went home.

>>---------------------------------------------------->>

I went to my actual home, home. Not to Nick’s house, not back to my college dorm, but home, home. Where my family was. Or where I assumed they still were.

“Mom? Dad?” I called, hoping to get a response as soon as I opened the door. Nothing.

I wasn’t sure why I expected them to be unfrozen, but... I did. They were the two people who gave the world to me in the first place, so I guess I expected them to be unfrozen too, seeing as they were once the care holders of it. Or at least my mother was, anyway.

I guess I expected too much, though, because I immediately found my father in the living room, watching tv, and my mother in the kitchen. I sighed after spotting my mother.

“Great,” I said to myself. But at least things were pretty normal here; it was dark out still, outside wise; the same it would have been when I had first stopped the world.

But there was still something slightly off, though. And I didn’t realize what it was until I stopped when I was and froze my breathing.

That’s when I really heard it. There was noise, coming from upstairs.

I felt my heart drop to my stomach. Those people... they hadn’t followed me here, had they?

But wait, those people... those people had Nick! And I knew I had to save him and get him back.

“Nick?” I called, walking toward the stairs. “Nick!”

The commotion settled for a few moments, but then it started up again. I headed up the stairs.

I knew this probably wasn’t a good idea, but I didn’t really see any other option. Without Nick, I was all alone, and I knew that I couldn’t avoid what was coming by myself.

“Nick?” I said again, but in a normal voice. The noise was coming from behind the one bedroom door.

Suddenly, the door opened. So fast, that I didn’t have a chance to move, and nearly had a heart attack thinking the person was one of the people that had chased Nick and I last night.

But I was even more shocked when I saw who it really was.

“Michael?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, it's been... a little more than a month. Almost two. Sorry for the delay in updating. :( School has been hectic, and really the only time I've had to write was for my new story, which I'm keeping updated on a daily basis. The link for that was in the last chapter's author's note.
But anyway, um... it's short, I know. Sorry about that. And I keep ending with all of these cliffies. Also sorry. But hey, it keeps you in suspense, right? And wanting to read more? But yeah... that's to say this isn't the last of them. But they will get longer soon, I promise. I believe the next one is short like this too, but the one after that is longer. :)
Oh, and that's also saying that I got some writing done! So yay! :D I'll have an update next week and the week after that, that is if I have time to post them. If I don't, there may be a delay, but I have the next two updates written, I can clarify. So if I don't post them, it's not because I'm slacking, it's because I don't have time. :/
But I hope you liked the update. Sorry again for the delay. But I'm determined to finish this story, guys, and I will. I won't leave you hanging.
Thanks to hollywood and vine; and BeUnbroken; for commenting after the last update. :) You two rock and inspired me to continue writing. Along with Marley, seeing as this story is for her. :)
Ooh... and remember, Michael, is Marley's brother. Anyone shocked that he's unfrozen? :o You should be. And for that matter... why is he unfrozen? :o
I shall update soon to let you find out. :)
Please let me know what you think! Any guesses, predictions, etc. :) Feedback means the world to me. Even if it's just to say that you liked the update. I want to hear from my readers, so I can thank you for reading. :) And feel free to let me know of any mistakes, grammar errors, anything else. :)
Next update will be posted soon. :)
P.S.- The chapter title is a line from Stop The World. 'To keep it alive, keep it alive, don't make a sound.' Marley had to stay quiet in order to hear the noise coming from above her in the house, ergo, the title.