Sequel: Pangaea
Status: Debuted: Friday, February 11th, 2011 and Finished: Sunday, March 11th, 2012

Stopping the World

We're Hearing The Noise, Hearing The Noise... From All Around

“What’s going on?” Nick asked, looking at me, as the rain continued to drench us. I shook my head.

“I have no idea,” I said. “I don’t know how to unfreeze the earth, so it wasn’t me.”

“Are you saying someone else did it?” Nick asked me. Again, I shook my head, this time baffled.

“If so, I have no idea who,” I told him. This wasn’t happening. I was just hoping that for some reason, the earth took over and was able to make itself move again. Like there was a time limit as to how long I could get away with keeping it stopped.

But I still had the earth in my hands, and it was definitely not moving again. If anything, it had faded in color even more compared to when I had last looked at it.

I then took the time to analyze Nick’s question. Could someone else have unstopped it?

You must never, ever stop the world, Marley.

Had my mom’s rule been a warning, in the means that something worse would happen than just a punishment from her and my dad?

I tried to think clearly, but my brain was currently in a foggy state. I had no idea what was going on.

That is, until I noticed the flashing lights. And then, heard the sirens.

“Marley, what’s going on?” Nick asked again, looking at me concerned. He obviously wasn’t expecting this either, which was reasonable.

“I don’t know, Nick,” I cried in a panic, as I looked toward the flashing lights.

“Is that the police?” he asked now. I shook my head.

“It can’t be. According to this, the world is still frozen,” I said, holding my world out in front of me to show him. He shook his head, though.

“Then how do you explain that?”

I didn’t have time to answer him, though, seeing as a booming voice came out of nowhere, sounding like it was coming from a megaphone.

“You two, freeze! Put yourselves and your version of the world where we can see them!”

It was then I realized that these people weren’t ordinary cops. They knew about the earth.

“Marley, run, now! I’ll hold them off!” Nick said to me seeing as they were still a good distance away. I looked at him bewildered.

“What? Are you crazy? No! I’m not leaving you!” I shouted, but he ignored me and shot me a look.

“Go, now! We have no idea who these people are; they could take the earth! You could get into a lot of trouble!”

“That is the last thing I care about!” I exclaimed. “I care about you, Nick, and I’m not leaving you.”

“I care about you too. I love you, Marley, which is why I want you to run, now!” he told me.

“I can’t! I can’t just leave you!” I said, grabbing his arm. He noticed and turned to me, grabbing my face in his hands.

“I’ll be fine. I’m not the one with the earth, so I’m useless to them,” he said.

“Yeah, but that would give them all the more reason to hurt you, if you’re useless.”

“Look, I’ll be fine, I promise,” he said, before he gave me a kiss on the lips. “Now go, hide! They’re getting closer.”

“I...” I started, debating whether or not there was use with arguing with him. I then figured there wasn’t. “I’ll come back for you, okay? I’ll figure out what’s going on.”

“Alright, just go! Hurry!”

“I love you too, Nick,” I said to him, feeling myself tearing up as I finally ran away. I didn’t stop for a full minute before I found a ditch to the side of the road and took cover there. I watched as the flashing lights and sirens closed in around Nick.

“Nick,” I whispered, not wanting him to get hurt. “I hope you’re okay.”

Whether it was from anxiety, or pure exhaustion, I don’t remember much after that. All I knew was that I ended up passing out; praying, hoping, that Nick was going to be okay. I also knew that I needed to figure out what was going on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my gosh, could this be? Another update already?!
Well, in case it wasn't clear, yes, this is indeed another update. :P Shocking, huh?
But I figured you guys deserved this in advance instead of waiting another week for it. Especially considering that it's kind of a filler, and it isn't that long. :/
But it's suspenseful, no? And I left you guys hanging again! Sorry about that. But this kind of needed to be done for it to go right. Like, this is kind of the trasitioning stages, if you will, getting from the longer parts to more longer parts. This chapter and the last had to be short in order for that to happen.
ANYWAY, lol, so... what did you think? I know, there are still 20 million questions to be answered. But we're getting there, I promise. We're getting there. Again, sorry for another cliffy.
Any guesses as to who could have possibly unstopped the earth? Aha, you guys have no idea what I have in store for this. It's going to be awesome. I'm so excited to post more of this story so you guys will see what I mean. :D
Thanks to Beautiful.mess;, LikeASkyscraper;, Matt Flyzik, and hollywood and vine; for commenting. Thank you all so, so much! All of you are the reason why I updated. :) I cannot thank you enough.
And I finally have a two digit number in subs! Thanks to the 10 of you who are subscribed; you all are also the reason I updated. :D
Please let me know what you think! I know it was a short update, but I'd still appreciate feedback. It's getting intense! lol.
Oh, and if you can, I'd really appreciate it if you checked out my new story. It isn't a Jonas one, so a lot of you probably won't be interested, but it'd mean so much if you checked it out. Plus, that story is going to be updated on a daily basis (every 1 or 2 weeks depending on what's going on), so... that's a good thing, right? :)
Back to this story though, I really hope you liked the update! Hopefully I won't leave you hanging too long and get the next one out in two weeks. Or maybe hopefully even sooner, by next weekend, but again... it all depends on how hectic things get. I started school last Monday. Enough said.
I love you all. Thanks so much for reading!
Oh, and a last quick note... the title of this chapter. Demi's original lyrics are, 'I'm Hearing The Noise, Hearing The Noise... From All Around'. I changed the 'I'm' to 'We're' so it fit the chapter better. Just an FYI that I'm aware of the right lyrics. Oh, and then the short description is also a line from the song. That's not always the case, so I figured I should point that out as well. And again, I'm aware the lyrics aren't going in the right order in comparison with the last chapter's title. I'm using what fits.