Reprisal

two.

Blaine closed her eyes and let the memory overtake her body. Her mind and sight were in the memory, but her body remained stationary in the limousine. She suddenly was in front of her old house, staring into an open door. Another scream shattered her ear drums as she took a step closer, cautiously. The scene was a mess. She had to step over broken porcelain pieces and brush the trash from the struggle aside. Another scream came from the basement but that wasn't where Blaine wanted to go first. She wanted to remember her house first and she wanted to see her room.

The first door on the right was hard to open, the handle was broken off and the door was kicked in. A hole the size of a mans foot pierced the wood and inside was a mess. Her small single bed was torn to pieces, the mattress cut up and clothes were thrown every which way. The room looked like a tornado went through it, tearing up the memories and Blaine couldn't stand looking at it anymore.

Spinning on her heel, she was met with little Blaine but some how she went right through her. It was as if she was a ghost in her own memory. There, but not really. The small child scampered through Blaine, giving her a tingling shiver all down her body.

The house was silent and Blaine knew what had happened. The look on the younger girls face as she searched frantically around her room for the floor board that was lifted slightly.

She knew it was there...it had to be there. It was there yesterday

The haunting voice filled the room. The young girl laughed slightly in triumph as she found it and yanked roughly. The board came up slowly, and the door under it was prominent. Her white dress was stained with her parents blood, as she hugged them one last time after she had came out from the shadows. The man had disappeared and she had seen it all.

Her parents corpses falling to the floor. Her mothers head hitting the edge of the kitchen counter. The skin on her mothers forehead tearing like it was never there. The blood running down towards her, touching her tiny fingers and making her cringe and retreat deeper into the cupboard. Her parents knew she was watching but there was nothing they could have done.

Blaine pushed the memory away again and she watched her younger self stop before going all the way into the hole in the floor. The door lead to a tunnel underground that her father had told her about if anything bad every happened.

The younger girl looked at the older Blaine, her eyes turning gray and lips curling into a sickening smile. A laugh erupted from her pale lips, and blood from her parents bodies crusted on her forehead as it dried. She never bothered wiping it off until she got to the police. Or rather the police found her.

The girl told her to follow her and strangely, Blaine listened. She crawled into the tunnel with her younger self and followed the familiar passage way. At the end of the tunnel, the light was clear and blinding. Older Blaine squinted her eyes and pushed out of the tunnel, expecting to be on the dirt road in the dark with her childhood memory but instead, she was stopped at a red light with her aunt, screaming into the phone.

"No, I'm not talking about that case. I'm talking about the James versus Mason case," her loud voice boomed threw the limo and she paused momentarily as the voice on the other line, apparently more soft spoken then she, muttered back quietly. "No, you incompetent fool! Just, get me the paperwork by tomorrow."

Her aunt tossed her phone across the limo and Blaine watched it land on the leather seat across from them. She looked at her aunt, her eyes bored but her mouth curled into a smile. She didn't give a damn about her aunt but she had to be nice. At least until she got her parents killer back, then she was free to do anything she wanted to do. Until then, she was on a 'Make no friends and make plenty of enemies' plan.

Another look into her aunts eyes and Blaine turned her head, looking out into the word that couldn't see her. "You look like my mother," her voice came out sharp towards her aunt. It silenced the outspoken women and the rest of the ride, through the sharp turns and downward roads was silent.