Status: active...with enough comments and feedback

Get Me Back on Skates

4. Why resist?

“Here,” I brought him the ice pack, but he wasn’t ready to take it. “I’m sorry about that, I didn’t know who you were or-” He interrupted me with a quick kiss on my forehead. “That was a nice way to tell me to shut up.” I was quite happy with myself, my English has improved a lot.
As I stared into his sparkling brown eyes for the millionth time, the phone rang. Tyler raised an eyebrow and waited for me to answer it, but I never did. He reached over to the coffee table, and picked up the old phone.
“Hello?” He rolled his eyes impatiently and pursed his lips as the caller responded. “I’m sorry there’s been a mistake.” Now he looked very confused.
As he handed me the towel, I took it and smiled half-heartedly. He whispered his ‘thank you’ and ran his hand down his face, hissing in pain. Quickly, I inched closer to him and grabbed his shoulder. He pointed at the ice pack, which I held gently to the side of his face. He sighed in relief, and I heard a worried voice on the other line. I leaned forward to turn on the TV, and brought the ice off of Tyler’s face.
“No,” he whined, “Anya, it feels so good, please put it back.” I did as I was told, and as soon as he hung up the phone, I realized how wrong that must’ve sounded. Instead of commenting, I shrugged it off. Tyler leaned back and covered his face with his hands. He complained of a headache, so I invited him to lie down in my bedroom. After all, this was my fault.