Status: active...with enough comments and feedback

Get Me Back on Skates

7. Why, cruel world?

I was shocked. Tyler Seguin just told me he loved me.
I felt my eyes widen and my mouth go dry. I blinked a few times, expecting all of this to go away, but I was glad that it didn't. I squealed and held my breath excitedly, and Tyler laughed.
"Still a fangirl, I see," he smiled again. "I'm serious, though. You're amazing, please come to the game tonight. It would mean the world to me."
"I don't know." I was still afraid that someone would see me. "Somebody will surely-" Tyler shut me up with a finger placed gently on my lips.
"Nobody will make fun of you, not if you're dating Tyler Seguin," he said with a smirk. "Belive me."
"All right, you win,'' I couldn't say no to him! "I'll go to your stinking game."
"Yes!!" He jumped around the room, still in his underwear. "You won't regret this, baby!" He kissed me quickly and scribbled his phone number down on a piece of notebook paper before running out the door and out of the apartment, without grabbing his pants off the ground. Before I could call for him to come back, he ran back in my bedroom and put on his jeans before actually leaving.
"What a creeper!" Em came through the door and threw her arms up in frustration. She sighed as I watched her silently. When she noticed me twiddling my thumbs and waiting for her, she sat next to me and put her arm on my shoulder.
"I didn't mean to go totally off on you like that, Anya. I was just, scared. Usually you don't meet guys and let them carry you home, just to let you know."
"I'm not an idiot, Em!'' I stopped hiding the accent, now. "You don't have to treat me like a baby! Everyone else already gives me a terrible time, now you have to correct me for a mistake I couldn't have helped making! I fainted, and I was lucky that Tyler was there to help me. I asked him to bring me back here, you don't have to tell me I was wrong!"
I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and texted Tyler. He told me he'd pick me up at 5, and I could come with him to the arena early. He got me better tickets, near the other wives and girlfriends of the players. But for the most part, it was just me and Tyler. This could actually make my life a lot better.