Status: active...with enough comments and feedback

Get Me Back on Skates

9.Why do I have to choose a side?

"Get out of here, douche bag!!" Em exploded. "I don't want you in my apartment, and she didn't know what the hell she was thinking!!" I could hear her foot stamping on the floor a few times as she spoke. "Why are you here, anyway?"
Tyler spoke too softly for me to hear what his response was. Em, on the other hand, was yelling so loudly she could've woken up the neighbours living down the hall. She just kept going and going and going, I was beginning to think that her rant would never end. I was counting how many times she called Tyler a douche bag or a prick, but I stopped counting at about eight. It was about ten minutes into her lecture that I began to zone out. I thought about what really happened this morning, and how just an innocent act of kindness could turn into this madness.
***
When Tyler first looked at me, there was a moment of connection, almost like electricity. I know it's that cheesy pick-up line that guys use too often, but it was true; it really happened. His eyes sparkled and he gave a dazzling, bright smile that melted my heart. He was just too sweet, it was a miracle, but it seemed too good to be true.
***
I was snapped out of this daydream when my bedroom door flew open. Tyler was dressed nicely, no doubt getting ready to go to the arena for the game. As soon as he saw the tears pouring down my face and the dark makeup on the pillows, he shut the door behind him and ran to sit on the side of my bed.
"Anya, honey, what happened?" there was a touch of pure worry in his voice. "You sounded so stressed out on the phone, I came to make sure you were okay."
"Really?" I managed to get a few words out through the sobs. "You did?"
"Of course." He smiled a quick sympathetic smile and wrapped his arms tightly around me. I held on to his shoulders and buried my head into his chest.
"It'll be all right, I promise." he whispered. While rocking me in his arms, he slowly moved one hand to the back of my head, gently kissing my forehead as he talked. " You don't have to come tonight, just know that I'll be thinking about you. I'll come by as soon as I can after the game, but it'll probably be after midnight."
"I don't care." I mumbled.
"But I do." Em stood in the door frame, her hands on her hips. "This is my place, too, and I don't want you anywhere near it."
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry to leave y'all hanging here with the end, I'll update soon!!