Contagious

.10

-- Present--

Vic closed his eyes as he finished the memory of that night. Those thirteen days after Hilary's death were a blur, a drunken, cloudy, miserable, painful blur. At one point he wanted to fall asleep and never wake up, maybe he would see Hilary again.
He found strength to carry on after Mike had yelled at him that night, seeing the look in his brothers eyes made him wake up.
Hilary was dead, there wasn't anything he could do about it, even if he would have given his own life to see her bright green eyes again.
Vic opened his eyes and took a deep breath, he began looking around. The park was finally full of screaming children, running around chasing each other.
Hilary would have loved this sight.
Vic closed his notebook and began getting up when he felt a chilling feeling shoot up and down his spine. He took a second to ride it out, but continued to get up from the bench. It had been hours since Vic left the bus, the guys were sure to be done playing their video games by now.
He began walking in the direction he came from, gripping his notebook. A small smile crept on his face as he walked, like he had heard something pleasant, something he longed to hear. A spark ignited on his free hand, he felt t wrap around his fingertips and end at his wrist.
He was going to be okay, he could almost feel his heart close the open wound he wore. It would never be completely gone, but it would be smaller... completely smaller.

-- Hilary's P.O.V--

I had been watching Vic cry for a couple hours now, I hated it. Every tear he spilled made me want to spill a dozen, except I couldn't cry. I was physically incapable of crying. I stared right at him as he close his eyes and furrowed his, I knew that look... he was deep in thought.
I stood up and walked to his side, I could almost feel the warmth of his body shoot into mine.
Vic opened his eyes and took a deep breath, a smile grew on his face as his eyes darted towards the playground. About a dozen children played in the sand, others chasing each other. It made me sad, Vic and I had gotten into conversations about having children someday, taking them to the park we always hung out in. Letting them enjoy the San Diego playground that Vic and I quickly fell in love in.
He began getting up slowly, I took advantage and tried to help him up, placing my hand on his back.
He froze and began looking around.
Could he have felt me?
For the first time since I left Vic... he finally felt me!
"Vic! I'm right here!" I spoke happily, I hadn't felt this way in so long. All my memories of us came rushing back into my head. Vic could finally feel me!
I continued to jump in happiness as he began walking back to the tour bus.
I needed to try again, I needed to feel like he knew I was there.
He needed to know I had been next to him this entire time. I had watched his downfall after my death. I watched until I got alarmingly frustrated, I had tried with all my strength to get someone to speak for me. Jaime personality was too distracted, I failed every time I tried to get his attention. For a moment I thought Tony had heard me, but instead he shook his head and laughed. Probably thinking he was insane.
Finally I tried Mike, he answered amazingly. I pressed my cold body against his, trying with all of my cold heart to transfer my feelings into his mind. His eyebrows furrowed as he walked through me and towards Vic's room.
I was successful.
Since then I had tried to contact Vic the way I had Mike, it never worked. Sometimes he would have out loud conversations with himself asking me to come back to him. He never knew that I was with him the whole time, protecting him, guarding his heart.
I caught up to him and tangled my arm around him, like we used to when we walked side by side.
I took a deep breath and concentrated on my words, "I love you Vic, I'll always be here."
It took a second for him to smile.
Excitedly I tried to grip his warm hand, after trying for more than a year I finally caught hold of it. It made me swirl inside, almost feeling the heat of his fingertips.
His smile grew wider as he squeezed my hand, making a fist.
We were going to be okay, I could finally contact him.
I would tell him I loved him every second. I would kiss him and stand by him invisibly until he finally joined me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Annndddd. That's the end guys!
I hope you guys enjoyed this story, thank you so much for reading and commenting, it always made my night.
Be on the lookout for my next story to replace this one :)
I'm still in the thinking process though!
Until Later!
Love
- L