Contagious

.01

"And, that's that." Hilary laughed pulling the final petal from the now bare daisy she held in her delicate fingers, "You love me."
Vic shook his head and laughed laying back down on the grass, "You had to resort to a plant to tell you that?"
It was a beautiful spring afternoon but the park was surprisingly empty. Except for a couple kids playing on the swing sets, they were alone. Hilary's bright green eyes matched the grass she sat on and her blonde hair swayed in the light breeze mixing with the sunlight. Vic looked up at the perfect sight and smiled, she was too beautiful, she was his.
Her pink lips frowned in response to him, "It's suppose to be romantic Victor, aren't you suppose to be Latino? Does the term 'Latin Lover' not apply to you?"
He laughed at her then stopped when he saw her eyebrows furrowing, "Daisies aren't romantic, roses are."
"Not for me..." she picked another yellow flower from the ground and examined it carefully, "Their bright and happy, full of life. Like what love is suppose to be."
Vic sat up and took the daisy from her hand, "But roses are full of passion." he tucked the stem behind her ear and sat back to look at her. The dark yellow looked amazing on her, causing a larger smile to grow.
"Passion dies Vic." she said timidly
"Brightness turns dull, happiness leaves and life eventually ends." he got closer to her.
"That's the law of life." she smiled
"Exactly." he planted a tender kiss on her pale cheek.
She giggled, "I don't like you having all this control over my feelings."
"You're the one that's controlling mine." he answered softly.
She sighed, "I'm suppose to be studying."
"So study." he kissed her neck.
She pulled away an raised an eyebrow at him.
He chuckled, "Alight, fine. Study." he pressed his back against the warm grass.
He watched her open up her college Philosophy text book and pull out a couple sheets of lined paper. With a pencil in hand she laid next to him, stomach on grass, elbows supporting her body. She placed the papers in a random spot of the text book so they wouldn't fly away.
He looked over at her, watching her green eyes scan the book carefully. She moved her lips from side to side then bowed her head, "How am I suppose to work with you staring at me." her blonde hair cascading around her face.
"I'm not staring, I'm admiring." he cleared up moving his sight to the sky, "But if it makes you that uncomfortable, wake me up when you're done."
"I like that idea." she said and went back to her studies.
The sky was a bright blue with clouds as white as the blouse Hilary wore. The leaves on the trees danced softly every time the wind would pick up.
Vic closed his eyes letting the darkness of his lids cover him. Her scent danced around his nose making him sigh in satisfaction. He created music in his head with the very thought of her smile. The way her soft lips would turn upwards and reveal just the right amount of white teeth. She was a college student and he was in a band, which made every second they spent together more important than most things in his life. You would think that having a relationship while being apart would fail, but he didn't feel that way. When ever he would think about her childlike giggle he would fall back in love with her as if was the first moment he saw her. That day, his family organized a small party for the new neighbors. They came from Sacramento, he wasn't very interested in them until their daughter walked in behind them. She was dressed in blue jeans and a black v-neck. Her long hair was curled at the ends and her bangs were held back by a black headband. But what he remembered the most were her dark green eyes. She wasn't wearing any make-up and yet her thick frame of dark lashes made it seem as if she was. From that moment he strived to make her his. It took a lot of time and competition from many guys, but Vic had a guitar and a great voice. He used his talents to serenade her from time to time, her wrote her songs that came from the pit of his stomach and into her listening ears.
She let herself be taken away by the sweet sounds of his music, in conclusion letting Vic into her life.